Thread: Haste vs Crit?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Haste vs Crit?

Okay I'll be brief, I rolled a hunter on the horde side for a couple of achievements and to play with some friends on the horde, I hit 90 on Friday and the only thing I really do is Flex and will be starting normals in a week or 2 with friends.. Now I've been a paladin tank since WoTLK so playing a DPS class is rather new to me....

Was kind of hoping to get some input on my gems & reforging from other hunters.. Seen some difference from player to player from reforging into haste or crit.

Here is a armory link

If any hunters could have a brief scan and tell me the main pros and cons in stacking either stat;
    I'm stacking crit as it stands and I'm seeing no problem (albeit low ilvl atm)

Any advice will be great, I've check the usual website guide such as icy veins but want other players opinions.

Deleted
    I personally only match the socket bonus if the socket bonus gives you pure agility.
    Otherwise I just gem it with red agility gems.

So in your case, I would've not match the socket bonus on your boots and on your ring.

You can aswell buy a neat trinket off the timeless isle place for 50k timeless isle coins (I myself keep forgetting it, so I still haven't bought one, lol).
    This one, and you can aswell buy a neat 522 ilvl one for valor.

Deleted
    Go for crit. I think haste can sim slightly better depending on gear for BM, or at least it did, but the majority of people do go for crit. If you're planning to play SV/MM as well, another reason to choose crit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @amaraim Yeah the timeless trinket is on my shopping list (currently 38k Timeless coins) and the Shadow Pan-Assault gear is also coming (started with ring to replace a green)

Thanks for reading and posting

- - - Updated - - -

@Alth thanks for the advice

Get the Shadow Pan-Assault trinket asap, the agi proc is very sweet.

Generally go Crit > haste > mastery, you don't really need to worry about haste overtaking crit until a very high gear level. Also only match gems if the socket bonus give agilitiy, otherwise gem straight red agility gems.

You should also look into picking up some professions, they give a solid stat boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hunter is BM and is currently ilv 557 and my haste is slightly above my crit. Atm my haste is 11k and my crit is at 10k

fully raid buffed that puts me at a 1.56 sec cobra (without using haste Cd's) and 44% crit

I found mr robot pretty much balances my haste and crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    My hunter is BM and is currently ilv 557 and my haste is slightly above my crit. Atm my haste is 11k and my crit is at 10k

fully raid buffed that puts me at a 1.56 sec cobra (without using haste Cd's) and 44% crit

I found mr robot pretty much balances my haste and crit.
    AMR will just work out the best stats for the weights you give it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit > Haste > Mastery.

Red sockets: 160 agility
    Yellow: 160 agility / 80 agility + Crit if the socket bonus is Agility.
    Blue: 160 agility / 80 agility + Hit/Stam if the socket bonus is Agility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    AMR will just work out the best stats for the weights you give it.
    This i know, Was just giving an example of my personal gearing.

I run Haste - Crit - Mastery and have enjoyed the results.

I didn't like the feel of the lower haste builds ( again my personal opinion )

So crit is the way to go even with BM? Robot tells me to go haste. So i did.

Just started playing again a week ago.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uvguv/advanced Here is my char. Too much haste and too little crit? Ignore the empty glyph slots, not updated.

Does not mean to hijack thread tho.

Deleted
    As a hunter in Method has stated ( Can't seem to find the link right now ) Haste and Crit are about equal and will not differ that much in the results that you get. So just go with whatever you like the most.
    I myself am going with a crit build, just because I find it preferable. Although, if you ever intend to change between BM and Survival, Crit will be the absolute winner since you don't really want to reforge for every switch.

The OP doesn't have the cloak or meta. To be considering a haste build, you'd need both of them.

Chances are the AMR base settings are calculated with profiles that have the legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    The OP doesn't have the cloak or meta. To be considering a haste build, you'd need both of them.

Chances are the AMR base settings are calculated with profiles that have the legendary.
    You sir are correct. AMR haste build does assume you have both