[Ret] Help with weapons.

Okay, so I'm currently rocking a 491 2/2 sha touched weapon, and have been since the first tier of raiding. The problem being that throughout the entirety of ToT and SoO I have not had a single weapon drop. None. Zilch.

So my question is this: Should I try and replace my weapon with a ToT LFR weapon? Or should I just try and wait it out by running SoO? Is it better for me to get a ToT weapon over a 491 sha-touched?

522 sure, 502 might not be a heck of an upgrade but if you're considering dumping 500 valor on it, it will be a sizeable upgrade. Weapon DPS is your most important stat (yes it's a stat).

A 502 ToT weapon (any one of the 2h) will be better than the upgraded 491 Sha-touched weapon with +500 str gem no matter what. If you get one, great.... but don't waste the gold on Dancing Steel and a Sha-touched socket since you'll replace it in 10 seconds from SoO LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weapon damage trumps everything.

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    A 502 ToT weapon (any one of the 2h) will be better than the upgraded 491 Sha-touched weapon with +500 str gem no matter what. If you get one, great.... but don't waste the gold on Dancing Steel and a Sha-touched socket since you'll replace it in 10 seconds from SoO LFR.
    Well, as said I've not got any weapons from ToT since its addition and not from SoO either, so I'm an unlucky bastard. Probably makes up for the six sha-touched weapons I got from first tier. In any case, I can afford dancing steel since my enchanter has 80+ sha crystals.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Well, as said I've not got any weapons from ToT since its addition and not from SoO either, so I'm an unlucky bastard. Probably makes up for the six sha-touched weapons I got from first tier. In any case, I can afford dancing steel since my enchanter has 80+ sha crystals.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys ^^
    I had a similar problem, went into SoO with a 476 LFR Elegon sword and barely replaced it with the normal version. Granted, I had taken a long break so I hadnt really tried to replace it.

What I ended up doing was using every single one of my rerolls on Sha of Pride/Nazgrim flex. Just repeatedly run it.

In Soo LFR you have 7 chances a week at a weapon.

Sword from Sha of Pride
    Mace from Nazgrim
    Polearm from thok
    Axe from Garrosh
    +3 warforged seals

Just do that

I ran the first SoO in LFR dumping all my Warforged Seals on Sha of Pride for the sword. It eventually paid off.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Nazgrim is theoretically your best shot for coining due to the fact that he only has 2 items for ret on his loot table (tier gloves and wep). Thok however drops the better itemized weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Nazgrim is theoretically your best shot for coining due to the fact that he only has 2 items for ret on his loot table (tier gloves and wep). Thok however drops the better itemized weapon.
    I'd still use the coins on Thok, so many good pieces to drop compared to Naz's mediocre weapon and freebie gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    It depends what you need. If I remember correctly, Sha of Pride only drops tier chest and weapon. The weapon is also better optimized than Nazgrim's.

I'm not actually sure whether you can reroll the pet or not but I'd be surprised if you could and it wasted a reroll.

Deleted
    During progression you could coin the pet, our poor GM managed to. But it has since been changed so that you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiv View Post
    In Soo LFR you have 7 chances a week at a weapon.

Sword from Sha of Pride
    Mace from Nazgrim
    Polearm from thok
    Axe from Garrosh
    +3 warforged seals

Just do that
    And I have. Plus Flex 1 and 2.