Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bring Back Old PvP Titles

With all the new xpac offers for PvP with a 24/7 world PvP zone, I was thinking to myself, why not bring back the old PvP rank system? This could unlock an elite tier of PvP gear for people based on earning it through dedicated PvP, you need to maintain X rank to don certain gear, while you would still be able to gain PvP gear if you are more casual. I feel this would create an incentive for more hardcore PvPer’s, the gear and title would create a sense of prestige for them that I feel is currently lost in PvP. Just a thought, I am sure I forgot a few things, because my original post got deleted, due to me accidentally hitting the backspace key…but I’ll remember my points as the comments come in. Constructive comments and constructive criticism please!

Deleted
    First of all, they did bring back the titles, they just require you to play rbgs in order to get them.
    Second of all, I'm totally against better pvp gear for "serious" pvp-ers because this is wow and we all know how fucking many get boosted or wintrade. People with mediocre pvp skills, no focus macros and still partially clicking on buttons would have Zomg Godly Gladiator gear. You check their win-lose ratio and see crap like 100-0. That's bullshit.
    Last edited by mmocb2f003828d; 2013-11-27 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    Play RBGs and you can already get your classic titles back.

Deleted
    OP might mean the system, rather than the actual titles.

The system was, on the other hand, just HK farming. For hours, upon hours, upon hours.

I'm not so sure how that would bring back prestige in the game at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Play RBGs and you can already get your classic titles back.
    well the titles were originally earned trough the honor system, imo you should be able to earn all titles trough the honor system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    OP might mean the system, rather than the actual titles.

The system was, on the other hand, just HK farming. For hours, upon hours, upon hours.

I'm not so sure how that would bring back prestige in the game at all.
    well almost all people with warlord titles I've seen so far are scrubs that bought the titles so yeah, also I should be able to earn titles by simply killing stuff (like I used to)I cant be bothered to find a group of 10 or 15 people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    well the titles were originally earned trough the honor system, imo you should be able to earn all titles trough the honor system.

- - - Updated - - -

well almost all people with warlord titles I've seen so far are scrubs that bought the titles so yeah, also I should be able to earn titles by simply killing stuff (like I used to)I cant be bothered to find a group of 10 or 15 people
    That promotes a system wherein you get something after doing the same thing for a very long time. Something that Blizzard is trying to shy away from more and more.

It's backwards thinking.

Deleted
    as many sad titles are here- RBG. About system itslef i doubt it's good idea. I havent played vanilla but have heard and read enough to understand that it was rather grind not expression of skill. Titles and other pvp rewards should go to players that are good at competitive pvp not to person who doesnt have anything better to do than grind random battlegrounds 8 hours a day. Regarding gear, I whould agree only if you talk about skins not increase in stats, but imagine how many sets we will need with so much titles around

The old system was horrid if you actually played through it. Fortunately Blizz will never bring it back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aceventura View Post
    as many sad titles are here- RBG. About system itslef i doubt it's good idea. I havent played vanilla but have heard and read enough to understand that it was rather grind not expression of skill. Titles and other pvp rewards should go to players that are good at competitive pvp not to person who doesnt have anything better to do than grind random battlegrounds 8 hours a day. Regarding gear, I whould agree only if you talk about skins not increase in stats, but imagine how many sets we will need with so much titles around
    Problem with the vanilla system was also that, as an example, a player could spend time killing ONLY afk players for HKs and get the titles and the "prestige".

I don't PvP much but Im guessing you can't AFK and expect any rewards in either arenas or RBGS.

Deleted
    That promotes a system wherein you get something after doing the same thing for a very long time. Something that Blizzard is trying to shy away from more and more.

It's backwards thinking.
    I disagree, grinds are fun and a core aspect of mmos. I like working towards something a long time and getting fancy results at the end. Nowadays honor is useless if you got a set of conquest gear, that's not a good system.

Deleted
    I don't PvP much but Im guessing you can't AFK and expect any rewards in either arenas or RBGS.
    No you can't but system is exploitable, that must be fixed with changes in WoD. I just hope it will not ruin pvp expierence who cant play so called "normal hours" like myself.

Deleted
    nothing wrong with that, mmos are a timesink first and foremost

Deleted
    I disagree, grinds are fun and a core aspect of mmos. I like working towards something a long time and getting fancy results at the end. Nowadays honor is useless if you got a set of conquest gear, that's not a good system.
    you can grind bloodthirsty

- - - Updated - - -

nothing wrong with that, mmos are a timesink first and foremost
    yes so players with best results must be awarded, not palyers who has most time

Deleted
    Im at 215.000 kills right now, so I'm working on that, but one achievment is a bit of lackluster. There needs to be more incentive to just go out in the world or in bgs and kill people. In WoD there will be an entire zone centered around that, so they better add more meaningful rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

yes so players with best results must be awarded, not palyers who has most time

Well I disagree, in an mmo your rewards should be equal to time spent, skill makes you get to your goals quicker sure, but essentially the more time you spend the more rewards you should get in my opinion.

Deleted
    Im at 215.000 kills right now, so I'm working on that, but one achievment is a bit of lackluster. There needs to be more incentive to just go out in the world or in bgs and kill people. In WoD there will be an entire zone centered around that, so they better add more meaningful rewards.
    i fully agree with this, title or transmog set at least, bunch of new achievements, most important that hopefully this area will be fun to play.

Deleted
    Problem with the vanilla system was also that, as an example, a player could spend time killing ONLY afk players for HKs and get the titles and the "prestige".

Good luck with finding enough afkers to get HWL/GM lol (those were 18 hr a day grinds for 3 months)

Ah my mistake, being out of the game for a little while has made me very ignorant..
    Is there any way for people to gain titles without doing RBG's? Like RBG's for randoms, although that would really just be a pug RBG...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orville078 View Post
    Ah my mistake, being out of the game for a little while has made me very ignorant..
    Is there any way for people to gain titles without doing RBG's? Like RBG's for randoms, although that would really just be a pug RBG...
    yeah lots of people join pug groups for rbgs, download the addon 'oqueue' and you can form cross realm group with likeminded players, but there is no way to gain those titles without actually playing rated battlegrounds

so sad that you didnt play rbgs trade wins back when the glitch/bug was there.

people were trading HWL titles in a group of 20, basically anyone could do it if you had time, and all it took was 2 days.

all you do is to get 20 ppl split into 2 teams, all starting with 0 ratings(you dont need gear to do it so you can jump on an alt).

log on at 3-4am server time where almost no people would q for rbgs, queue at the same time.

the team that is going to lose stay outside without clicking the enter button, winning team accepts to join battle to check your opponent.

if no one joins after you waited long enough, call out on vent that both teams are indeed in the same rbg, the losing team quickly accept to join battle and simultaneously alt+f4.

the winning team will be allowed to rush for a win with no one on the other team, the losing team will not lose any ratings because of the glitch.

just keep alternating wins between both teams and bam, hwl title in about 10-15hrs of 'work'.
    Last edited by glycerethe; 2013-11-27 at 09:50 AM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    so sad that you didnt play rbgs trade wins back when the glitch/bug was there.

people were trading HWL titles in a group of 20, basically anyone could do it if you had time, and all it took was 2 days.

all you do is to get 20 ppl split into 2 teams, all starting with 0 ratings(you dont need gear to do it so you can jump on an alt).

log on at 3-4am server time where almost no people would q for rbgs, queue at the same time.

the team that is going to lose stay outside without clicking the enter button, winning team accepts to join battle to check your opponent.

if no one joins after you waited long enough, call out on vent that both teams are indeed in the same rbg, the losing team quickly accept to join battle and simultaneously alt+f4.

the winning team will be allowed to rush for a win with no one on the other team, the losing team will not lose any ratings because of the glitch.

just keep alternating wins between both teams and bam, hwl title in about 10-15hrs of 'work'.
    Good old times
    Imagine all the people that wasted hundreds of $ on this lmao.