Poll: Do you prefer Dailies or Timeless Isle?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Dailies vs Timeless Isle

Just wondering where people here stand.

Personally, I much prefer dailies to the Timeless Isle. TI to me has become go there, sit, wait for rares, kill, see it didn't drop what you wanted, sigh, resign yourself to waiting some more.

Dailies at least let me move around the place, earn some gold, have a bit of variety. Rarespawns on Isle of Thunder were a nice addition to the day, not something you camped.

I'd rather any future Timeless Isle type system or rare spawns were more like the Isle of Thunder rares- fast spawning but you can only loot them once a day, with drop rates reflecting that.

Probably should have made a 'I like both equally' option, whoops.

I prefer dailies to be honest, I never found them that big of a deal, log in in the morning with a cup of coffee, be done in half an hour.

Deleted
    i like the timeless isle thing (well i hate not to fly ^^).... i dislike dailies because its nothing you can do within a group. okay you can do it within a group but most time people come on on different times and with dailys person a has done this dailys already and person b has start this dailys. Within 5.2 that has been a problem because you had to to the start dailys before doing the other dailys. With 5.1 this wasn't a problem because you could switch to a different zone.
    With TI its more somethink like o player a is here i can help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a randomized set of dailies in a Timeless Isle-like environment.
    Have enough dailies so you only realistically see a repeat of them once or twice a week.
    Additionally, make it so turning in one of those dailies has a chance to spawn an event like the Beer event in Old Pi'jiu.

I didnt vote on your poll since I think neither are dull. I'd like to see a combination of both, done in a smart way.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have already said that the new system will be based on the Timeless Isle but improved. Instead of just rare spawn after rare spawn, will be more dynamic with multi-stage events, raid bosses and more.

I want a randomized set of dailies in a Timeless Isle-like environment.
    I'm with you here!!!

Deleted
    i prefer dailies, especially the way they set up 5.1 krasang factions. were dailies would give you reputation which then unlocked the next part of the story line.
    over for example: 5.0 and 5.2 setups with dailies.

though i prefer those dailies more then grinding stupid mobs for rep on timeless isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for dailies....

Here's why:
    Aside from TI offering only 1 daily, the object of the whole isle is the worst kind of daily what most people despise with dailies, and questing in general..
    Kill an infinite number of this.... And that's what the TI essentially boils down to. To sweeten the deal, they've put a shitload of candy into the mix.
    Achievements, Semi-decent gear tokens, of which most are sub par to Shado Pan Assault gear. Some pets, the obligatory mounts, and some vanity items.
    Do this, and see the masses function like lab rats..
    No insult intended, this is just for comparison how we act like lab animals when we are in rather large packs, if we are given the circumstances.
    There's one daily on the isle, and it is - surprise - exactly fitting the pattern of the isle. Kill 20 elites.

I prefer the dailies, since they yield me more money, they offer me more variety. And further more, I can do them in a peaceful quiet environment without stupid chat channel spams from obnoxious addons that render normal zone chat impossible..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I like them both, gives more choice as well... too bad this isn't an option.......

The perfect mixture is the Firelands daily Hub we had in 4.2 in cataclysm. PERFECT . I really wish blizzard would do a similar thing to that. In fact im gonna tweet them now.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    There's one daily on the isle, and it is - surprise - exactly fitting the pattern of the isle. Kill 20 elites.
    There's another daily. Lore quiz, go!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Here's to hoping the PVP zone has dailies and timeless isle style events. Although that will will bring many forum posts and care-bear tears for being forced to PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    The perfect mixture is the Firelands daily Hub we had in 4.2 in cataclysm. PERFECT . I really wish blizzard would do a similar thing to that. In fact im gonna tweet them now.
    I hated molten front and wish it never, ever, comes back again. If it's brought back I would like a grinding alternative like golden lotus had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I would prefer a mixture of both rather than either dailies alone or TI alone.

I miss the option both are fine.

Dailies are fine, if it's not to much.
    Timeless Isle is fine, could be combined with a few dailies where you choose yourself what rep you gain.
    Last edited by Aerr; 2013-11-27 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    a combination of both would be nice

I would prefer Timeless Isle, if it used the Guild Wars 2 system of mob tags being shared. Otherwise, I prefer the Isle of Thunder, with it's few dailies and rare mobs.

Dailies have a right and a wrong way. Don't get me wrong; Timeless Isle is a lot of fun. I miss any sense of progression though.

I want a progressing story story, like the Dominance Offensive.
    I want advancement in accomplishment like on the Isle of Thunder.
    I want a changing location, like the Firelands, where you were building towards the completion of stuff.

To me, the lore and progress make dailies interesting.

Timeless Isle has freedom and keeps you busy for ages, if you're a collector. I miss the feeling of doing anything useful that matters though. Kill territorial yak-folk if you want the Ghost Emperor to like you. Kill 20 animals a day to prove you're still kick-ass. Kill 5 rares and collect 50 stones a week to uncover the secrets of the Isle, which you never do, and aid a Bronze dragon to claim power for mysterious ends.

Ultimately there's no real sense of any goal to Timeless Isle. Your actions change nothing. You never actually get any results from your valient efforts. in the end, you're just farming and cosmetic items for no end.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A mix of both
    Old Gods made me do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies - The direction makes it alot faster to do each day then chasing rares around. Timeless Isle was all over in a few hours unless you wanted to grind* some gear.

* The worse type of game play an mmo could ever do.
    Aye mate