Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Immerseus vs Garrosh Trinket

Last night i went from the Flexi Immerseus Trinket 2/2 to Garrosh's normal trinket 2/2, but acording to Simcraft, i actually lost ~5k DPS by doing that. Is Immerseus's trinket THAT much better, even its Flex version?

(Simmed Singletarget)
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2013-11-27 at 12:58 PM.

Normal Immerseus > Normal Garrosh > Flexible Immerseus > Normal Dark Shaman > Flexible Garrosh > Flexible Dark Shaman.

Generally you want both Immerseus and Garrosh trinkets as they're your best in slot, the Dark Shaman trinket can be useful but once you get the Garrosh trinket I'd replace it, and I don't think anyone even takes the Cleave trinket but I and a lot of other Shaman I know think it's bad generally because you'll never always have targets to Cleave.

Basically:
    1. +8% statistics and 10,000 INT (BiS)
    2. 20,000 INT (BiS)
    3. 15% chance to do the same attack but for 33% of damage and 10,000 INT. (Good filler)
    4. 3% chance to deal the same amount of damage to 5 targets and 10,000 INT. (Worst)
    Last edited by BlissfulBlithe; 2013-11-27 at 02:18 PM.

Funny, because according to this http://www.totemspot.com/simc/T16/Tr...te-EchoUF.html its bindings (all) > toxic > garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Funny, because according to this http://www.totemspot.com/simc/T16/Tr...te-EchoUF.html its bindings (all) > toxic > garrosh
    I concur, I never read anywhere that the Garrosh trinket was better than the Immerseus/Dark shaman trinkets.

OT: The Immerseus trinket affects your crit dmg, thus buffing all of your lava bursts with the fixed percentage. It makes the trinket incredibly strong, and the proc is awesome as well.

Deleted
    i have found only the cleave trinket and as worst it may be, on fights where there is alot of AoE, dont underestimate the cleave with chain lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    I concur, I never read anywhere that the Garrosh trinket was better than the Immerseus/Dark shaman trinkets.

OT: The Immerseus trinket affects your crit dmg, thus buffing all of your lava bursts with the fixed percentage. It makes the trinket incredibly strong, and the proc is awesome as well.
    Garrosh > Dark Shaman on single-target.
    Dark Shaman > Garrosh on multi-target.
    Malkorok > Garrosh/Dark Shaman on Galakras.

Smart thing to do would keep the Immerseus trinket and switch between the Garrosh and Dark Shaman trinket, but if you can, keep a Malkorok trinket for Galakras. That's how I'd do it anyway.

Deleted
    Normal Immerseus > Normal Garrosh > Flexible Immerseus > Normal Dark Shaman > Flexible Garrosh > Flexible Dark Shaman.
    Wrong. Flexible Immerseus is even slightly better than Garrosh HC and Shaman HC trinkets, and, of course, a way better that any other normal trinket.

Deleted
    My current trinkets were Immerseus Flexi, and Shamans Warforged. So i guess the Garrosh (Normal) Trinket doens't fit in anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Last night i went from the Flexi Immerseus Trinket 2/2 to Garrosh's normal trinket 2/2, but acording to Simcraft, i actually lost ~5k DPS by doing that. Is Immerseus's trinket THAT much better, even its Flex version?

(Simmed Singletarget)
    What makes the Immerseus trinket so valuable is the amp effect, so yes, just the flex version (and even LFR) would be better than a lot of normal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulBlithe View Post

Generally you want both Immerseus and Garrosh trinkets as they're your best in slot, the Dark Shaman trinket can be useful but once you get the Garrosh trinket I'd replace it, and I don't think anyone even takes the Cleave trinket but I and a lot of other Shaman I know think it's bad generally because you'll never always have targets to Cleave.
    You're seriously undervaluing the power of the multistrike proc from Toxic Totem. It's capable of proccing off any damaging spell, including dots, Echo procs, and Elemental Overload procs. And if you're seriously taking the Garrosh trinket over a Fire Mage or some other class/spec that needs it more, you should be slapped.

I'm stuck using the Cleave trinket for the time being (my other one was from ToT), and it's not completely terrible. I'd definitely rather have something else for single target, but for fights that have cleave elements, it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    What makes the Immerseus trinket so valuable is the amp effect, so yes, just the flex version (and even LFR) would be better than a lot of normal loot.

You're seriously undervaluing the power of the multistrike proc from Toxic Totem. It's capable of proccing off any damaging spell, including dots, Echo procs, and Elemental Overload procs. And if you're seriously taking the Garrosh trinket over a Fire Mage or some other class/spec that needs it more, you should be slapped.

I'm stuck using the Cleave trinket for the time being (my other one was from ToT), and it's not completely terrible. I'd definitely rather have something else for single target, but for fights that have cleave elements, it's fantastic.
    As I said, use the Garrosh trinket on single-target fights like Iron Juggernaught but the Dark Shaman trinket on others that have multiple targets.

People already have theirs and I could care less about your opinions on trinket priority for my raid composition.

As I said, use the Garrosh trinket on single-target fights like Iron Juggernaught but the Dark Shaman trinket on others that have multiple targets.

People already have theirs and I could care less about your opinions on trinket priority for my raid composition.
    You wouldn't even use Toxic Totem on just multitarget fights, though. It's better for single target than Black Blood in almost every situation.

But as you just said, you don't care about trinket priority, so hey, what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    My current trinkets were Immerseus Flexi, and Shamans Warforged. So i guess the Garrosh (Normal) Trinket doens't fit in anywhere.
    Basically, yes. If you do swap any trinkets to better fit the fight, you would always keep your Purified Bindings equipped, and your second trinket would be the one getting swapped around (so you would do something like Purified Bindings + Toxic Totem for single target/minimal adds, and Purified Bindings + Frenzied Crystal for heavy cleave).

Deleted

Basically:
    1. +8% statistics and 10,000 INT (BiS)
    2. 20,000 INT (BiS)
    3. 15% chance to do the same attack but for 33% of damage and 10,000 INT. (Good filler)
    4. 3% chance to deal the same amount of damage to 5 targets and 10,000 INT. (Worst)
    Uh... get ur facts straight; the multistrike trinket is better on single target fights. Which is pretty much every fight (including iron juggernaut mind you)

10+ Year Old Account
    Toxic totem and Bindings being BiS is a pure fact, no two ways about it. Frenzied Crystal is somewhat of a trivial trinket in the long run, it's weighed down more and more with gear even on fights where it would matter such as Galakras. With how much cleave is available in a raid comp adds don't live long enough for it to keep it's worth. Garrosh trinket is good and holds some strong burst during ascendance with those 6->10 stacks, but not by that much more then totem and the sustain of totem will outweigh Garrosh trinket in the long run.

I personally just replaced my Garrosh trinket last night with Heroic Toxic Totem and both sims and in game testing has shown a straight increase in single target damage as well as cleave. There was a point where trinket argument was still fresh when the tier was still fairly new, at this point high end shamans have figured out what is best for their output.

yes, it's that good

all forms of bindings beat any other trinket. the only exception being HWF blood/totem vs LFR bindings

Deleted
    Sadly the RNG gods have been unkind (all other casters have heroic bindings already, coin every week etc.), and I am currently using LFR Bindings with N Toxic Totem, but I've turned down N Black Blood before.

Deleted

Your name should be "BlissfulIgnorant" - Everyone's saying something else, and there's math to back it up, and you just go "Nuh-uh" - It's fine if you want your own way of doing things, but don't come to a forum and start spewing drivel to people asking for the optimal setup.
    If you want to be sub-par, be so. But don't pull others in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by turkeygiblets View Post
    Sadly the RNG gods have been unkind (all other casters have heroic bindings already, coin every week etc.), and I am currently using LFR Bindings with N Toxic Totem, but I've turned down N Black Blood before.
    That set up is definitely fine. LFR Bindings are better than many of the normal trinkets, and turning down Black Blood for other casters was definitely the right move.

Got a question....
    As a boomkin, which 2 trinkets should I get?
    And if I get these (flex/lfr, not currently raiding) 2 trinkets, how much would my dps increase be? Considering I currently have Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault & Relic of Yu'Lon (haven't been lucky with trinkets..)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkinfinity View Post
    Got a question....
    As a boomkin, which 2 trinkets should I get?
    And if I get these (flex/lfr, not currently raiding) 2 trinkets, how much would my dps increase be? Considering I currently have Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault & Relic of Yu'Lon (haven't been lucky with trinkets..)
    That's a question better suited for the Druid forums, not the Shaman forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    That's a question better suited for the Druid forums, not the Shaman forums.
    Ohh srry, I was looking at the recent forum posts and saw this one. I thought I would reply as I had a question about those trinkets too. Didn't realize it was on the shaman forums :\