Please help our boomkin!

Our druid healer has switched to boomkin for the Garrosh fight to be our 6th dps. Please help as because at the moment he is doing around 70k - 90k dps and simcraft says it should be a lot higher, ideally around 180K. Thank you for any advice. I only ask because I know nothing about boomkins.

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    Last edited by Bellatrix; 2013-11-27 at 01:04 PM.

I think his main problem is that he's dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Ah yeah we kindof all have that problem , well a few of us. Also of note is that he kills the engineers so while he is running there won't be much dps but still should be a bit higher than 80k?

1) Reforge to the 10289 haste breakpoint
    2) Do a proper rotation (reference the Moonkin stickied thread)
    3) Don't ever stop casting
    4) Don't use shrooms
    5) Don't die

your boomkin doesn't know how to play the spec, plain and simple. They are awful at pressing buttons, literally.. this log specifically 78% active and no death?.. I do engineers often and I get maybe 3-5 seconds of downtime per engineer.. I'm not sure how that is really possible aside from standing around doing nothing. What is even worse, 20% nature's grace uptime. At this point, I'm not wasting my time anymore to pick apart the logs. There are many resources here and across the interwebz for him/her to look at, I suggest using them.

Edit:
    Here's one
    Here's another
    And another
    and the one in this forum..
    etc...
    Last edited by boomkinhero; 2013-11-27 at 01:31 PM.

Soooo....if you say druid healer switched to boomkin. I sure hope he isn't dps-ing in healing gear?

He/She casted 70 and 80 Moonfires and Sunfires (mind those are not ticks, they are dot applications) that were immuned overall in your logs.

My guess would be tab targeting and dotting the empowered weapons while there are possibly high priority targets alive like the small sha adds or MC'd people and most of all not damaging Garrosh.

My other guess is that he/she is clueless on tactics or at least anything that doesn't involve healing tactics (which again means doesn't know about empowered weapons).

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
    Ah yeah we kindof all have that problem , well a few of us. Also of note is that he kills the engineers so while he is running there won't be much dps but still should be a bit higher than 80k?
    They die EVERY try. I flicked through every attempt. The highest activity was something like 75%. One was as low as 17. This guy doesn't need a few tips to improve, he needs to 1. learn the game and 2. learn the spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.