OS disc priest needing some advice

This is me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zznbuzz/simple
    (I just came back 2 weeks ago, still a work in progress)

When I left 5 months ago, I had plenty of haste as disc, and healing was good. Now I'm trying to go by Mr.Robot/ReforgeLite settings, and in lfr (or in a case of having 2 discs priests in a 10 men) I seem to suffer alot. I've checked other healers (in lfr), some have more or less ilevel, and they beat me hard. Can I sacrifice something to get some haste back? Seems when another disc preist starts spirit shelling everything, my shells don't count, so couldn't more haste permit me to get MY shells over another priest's?

thx

First and foremost haste is by far you're weakest stat as disc and you will see far greater increases in your healing by stacking crit/mastery.

A few things i can see right of the bat from your armory

(1) far too much spirit 15K is far too much especially with LMG. I have seen people vary from 8-12K spirit depending on raid comp, trinkets, etc, find something you are comfortable with but certainly 15K is too much.
    (2) you are gemming spirit in everything crit will get you far greater healing returns (yellow = 320 crit gem, green/blue = crit+spirit gem, red = int+crit gem)
    (3) On the pieces that are not carryover from your shadow set reforge crit>mastery>haste
    (4) not sure about your rotations etc but if people are smashing you on meters i think it is likely a result of poor play / lack of crit.
    (5) regarding 2 discs, i am guessing the other priest has more crit and their divine aegis is out more than your and is sniping a lot of the damage. A second disc is also somewhat problematic due to WS debuff but there is usually some form of damage to proc rapture.
    (6) regarding two spirit shells, they do stack (i.e. yours cannot be overwriten), the smaller of the shields will always be consumed first.

Oh about (6) I didn't know that, that's very good to know! I did see this priest in a lfr I was with:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Brudish/simple

He had WAY more Devine Aegis than I, and as you can see his crit is indeed WAY higher than mine. So I'm glad to hear crit is indeed a good stat. As for being beaten hard, and the rotation question, maybe it has to do with attonement healing: not that I'm lazy, but I do not spend too much time spamming PoH, since I don't have much crit anyways. But I see the potential of having high crit, then devine aegis shines!

I will try the changes, and will report the results. Thanks Markle.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! What a difference, did 3rd wing of SoO lfr. Finished FIRST on last 2 bosses! I mean, who knows how the others are geared and pushing it in lfr, but I'm quite satisfied with the change. I did was afraid for the lack of spirit, but in the end I was able to maintain a good amount, and prevail.

Sometimes it's good to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    I did was afraid for the lack of spirit, but in the end I was able to maintain a good amount, and prevail.
    Assuming (close to) chain-casting, your need for spirit ascends or declines in tandem with your haste, so a haste-oriented build demands more spirit and leaves little room for crit/mastery. By dropping haste, your need for spirit similarly drops allowing you to maximize crit and then (when a piece already has haste) mastery each their fullest. Once that's done, simply find out how much haste you can afford to maintain from available spirit (in your choice of which to reforge from towards crit/mastery) while still being able to avoid going OOM.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Basically with meta gem maintain 10k spirit, find a way to effectively manage meta gem procs for best use.

You want lots of crit and mastery as much as you can grab for best output, well timed meta gem uses will get 2-3 shields or 1-2 shields and the use of a L90 talent for free to save as much mana as possible, on the average 6-7 min fight depending on trinkets you can regain 800-1mill mana back not including spirit regen.