Deleted

Good idea to grab another 670?

tigerdirect has a deal on an evga 670 ftw: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...lwsxYwTqdzg.DQ

I am currently using the same card for my rig. This is my PSU right now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817171052
    Last edited by mmocdae4424a1e; 2013-11-27 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    Access Denied for the GPU link.

You can edit the title, in case you didn't know

We need more info, like resolution you play at?

Which games?

What is your motherboard/CPU?

Technically the PSU has enough power but the quality of the PSU is medicore and even fails some tests so you can try it but don't be surprised if you end up needing a new PSU.

Deleted
    Weird since I can access the link. The price is $230 after $20 rebate and before tax.
    Well, I'm willing to replace the PSU since there's a lot of deals right now. Any recommendation if I do upgrade it?

Thank you

Edit:

I play all kinds of games. I'm currently in the middle of AC4 (already dipped into 20 fps in areas with a lot of vegetation). I'm looking forward to play all the popular titles like Watchdog and MMO like ESO.

1080p res, i5 3570k 4.2 ghz oc'ed, asrock extreme4 mobo
    Last edited by mmocdae4424a1e; 2013-11-27 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah the link is fine now, not sure what it was.

Have you considered selling your current GTX 670? And just get one powerful card?

You can get an Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB for ~$300

Which would be close to the cost of a new PSU+GPU.

Deleted
    I have thought about it. The problem is to find a buyer. How's big of a difference in performance between 670 sli and R9 280x?

Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    I have thought about it. The problem is to find a buyer. How's big of a difference in performance between 670 sli and R9 280x?
    The memory size it what makes this a tough decision. Have a 2gb 670 card myself right now and I'm torn about a potential upgrade. Pretty sure that even if you sli that doesn't mean you double your memory. Will still be 2gb.

You *may* find yourself needing to replace your two 670s earlier than if you just waited, saved a bit more, and bought a more powerful single gpu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    But buying a PSU and GPU as I mention will be about the same price, right? So anything you can get for your current 670 is a bonus. One card setup is just much less of a hassle, less heat, less power draw. You get extra vRAm for those high resolution textures/packs which may or may not matter but ti's not liek you're paying extra for it.

It's your money of course and only you know what you can afford and is willing to do. If you decide this is for you and new a new PSU then I will look for one just let me know.

Holy crap, this is tempting. I'm using the exact same card in my rig right now, and have been really contemplating SLIing it with another one. This is almost half price. I mainly only play WoW, Hearthstone, Diablo 3, and will be playing Wildstar and Heroes of the Storm when it comes out. I'm gonna ask the same question as the OP, would it be worth it to SLI these together? Currently I'm having some issues with random framerate drops while in game and I'm not sure what's causing it. I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps and haven't been able to pinpoint it. Seems to be addon-related though as when I do a /reload it usually fixes it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    But buying a PSU and GPU as I mention will be about the same price, right? So anything you can get for your current 670 is a bonus. One card setup is just much less of a hassle, less heat, less power draw. You get extra vRAm for those high resolution textures/packs which may or may not matter but ti's not liek you're paying extra for it.

It's your money of course and only you know what you can afford and is willing to do. If you decide this is for you and new a new PSU then I will look for one just let me know.

You're definitely right. I'll have to think deeply about this. May just ignore it and keep the 670 til I can make a big upgrade.