Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    People still don't see what they are doing lol? They are going to make people feel like really good raiders when they are in fact horrible.
    That's exactly right, and they've squandered hundreds of millions of dollars because they dragged their heels on it. They should have gone in that direction much sooner. Cataclysm (and to a lesser extent, MoP) were just their destructive efforts at trying to delay the inevitable.

I wonder if Vivendi's divestiture of most of their ATVI holdings is finally giving Kotick more freedom to push Blizzard in the direction of $$$ over some vision of "artistic quality".

Your comments reinforce the suspicion I have that those cheering GC's departure are in for a rude awakening.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-11-28 at 07:34 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    It peaked because of the Lich King, not because of him. Wotlk basically played out WC3 in an mmo. The game had it's biggest push of subscribers through basically ICC. It's been in steady decline because of some of his decisions as well as the age of the game. WoD seems like mostly a push in the right direction, and it makes me happy that he won't be there to ruin it with his indecisiveness. I don't care who takes over for him so long as they have a clear direction they want to take this game. Because GC never had a clear direction.
    WOD is a right direction? I am guessing that when WOD is released, in the box will be a bib for people to wear as they drool. No hit,expertise,dodge or parry, more dumbing down of a already easy game. Changing how theory crafting will work because some slow people have trouble using numbers. All of the dev's and GC raid hardcore, they have the same thought process, and yes i got to talk to them at blizzcon. They can be much more honest there and not have to worry about what they say on a forum or blog. The word, bad's, wrath babies was commonly used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That's exactly right, and they've squandered hundreds of millions of dollars because they dragged their heels on it. They should have gone in that direction much sooner. Cataclysm (and to a lesser extent, MoP) were just their destructive efforts at trying to delay the inevitable.

I wonder if Vivendi's divestiture of most of their ATVI holdings is finally giving Kotick more freedom to push Blizzard in the direction of $$$ over some vision of "artistic quality".
    The only people that will be raiding are the 'bads' now who have trouble clearing lol normals. You dont think it is sad and pathetic that a person needs a different name put on their raid to make them feel not as ignorant? So as you raid normals, you are actually doing Flex, which is pugged. You clear heroics, which is actually normals, which is pugged. Now if people still struggle they should really go to their doctor to check for any mental illnesses.

The only people that will be raiding are the 'bads' now who have trouble clearing lol normals. You dont think it is sad and pathetic that a person needs a different name put on their raid to make them feel not as ignorant?
    What's more pathetic is squandering hundreds of millions of dollars trying to avoid recognizing obvious realities of the gaming market.

Of course the game panders to the egos of the players. That's the central mechanic of the game, making people with marginal accomplishments in RL feel like world-saving heroes. Anything that tells them "you suck!" breaks that illusion.

I suppose if it helps you get through the coming changes, you can feel superior to those the game will be catering to. Or maybe you could get on with your life without that kind of ego crutch.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-11-28 at 07:39 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally!
    This bastard made the game the casual rubbish that it is atm.

Now we have a slight hope that the game will become at least somewhat better.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    This thread is disgraceful. This is evidence of what is wrong with the world of warcraft community. And the community is the problem with world of warcraft. I feel sorry for who ever gets his job because they have to put up with the fucking idiots that most you people are.
    You know what would help? If you cried some more. Your tears amuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by lockdown1 View Post
    I was actually just trolling you, I haven't played wow for months and could not care less who joins or leaves wow.

I had fun.
    I like you.

What's more pathetic is squandering hundreds of millions of dollars trying to avoid recognizing obvious realities of the gaming market.

Of course the game panders to the egos of the players. That's the central mechanic of the game, making people with marginal accomplishments in RL feel like world-saving heroes. Anything that tells them "you suck!" breaks that illusion.

I suppose if it helps you get through the coming changes, you can feel superior to those the game will be catering to. Or maybe you could get on with your life without that kind of ego crutch.
    Ego crutch of clearing Flex yet callin it normal?Clearing Normal modes yet calling it a heroic clear? Ego crutch. It is pathetic that people can't clear already mind numbing easy content and people like you want to play a handicapped version of a good game because you IQ doesn't allow some to clear easy content. Shouldn't they go to school or find something to help them get their IQ above a preschooler?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Finally!
    This bastard made the game the casual rubbish that it is atm.

Now we have a slight hope that the game will become at least somewhat better.
    So many clueless bad's, it is saddening. You realize all of the dev's are hardcore progression raiders right? You realize that there will be more change besides GC leaving right? I love how bad's translate easier to being a better game. I would hate to have any of you working for me as you drool on the floor trying to convince me you aren't mentally slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize all of the dev's are hardcore progression raiders right?
    I realize that you have completely no idea about anything you say.
    No, there are no hardcore progression raiders in dev team. And they said it multiple times explaining why hardcore raiding is so poorly balanced.

Almost all of the dev's are hardcore raiders and GC talked to a lot of us at Blizzcon at the bar at the Hilton. When the WOD came out and that hit,expertise and all that was being taken out of the game, we asked him why. His answer was that there are too many bads and wrath babies to keep things the way they were before. I got the feeling that he was going to leave and a couple other dev's, who raid hardcore, also chimed in that if they make content decent then they have to nerf most of it.

People still don't see what they are doing lol? They are going to make people feel like really good raiders when they are in fact horrible. They take flex in WOD and call it normal mode, they take normal and call it Heroic, then they take heroic and call it Mythic. People will think they are good because they cleared heroics which are just normal modes. Mufasa asked him if he was happy with how things are and he said, there is a lot of change coming, a lot. I am guessing other's who won't want to be part of a handicapped version of a great game will be looking for work elsewhere or Titan is still being worked on leaving Wow for the bad's and Titan for players with more than one firing synapse.
    I was at that imaginary bar and I don't remember him saying any of that...

Deleted
    Thank god, this guy was a fucking dickhead the design changes he made to pvp and the rest of the game was terrible, he is to blame for wow's drop in subscribers fuck ghostcrawler.

Feels like Christmas. This guy was horrible for the game. Now, if he would only take Bashiok and Rygarius with him. Enable a chat channel in game, stop being forum nazis, and create content for elite players so the rest if the base can have something to strive for.

Greg Street did an amazing job at leading the development of WoW and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly being blinded by nostalgia for the "gold old days" of attunements, spending 8 hours to get potions for a raids, spending 2 hours spamming trade chat hoping to find a group, and standing around Orgrimmar or Shattrath bored to tears.

In every expansion since Greg took over (except maybe the end of Cataclysm) I have never felt bored, and I think this game has only gotten better. This is coming from someone who has gotten duelist multiple times, is 12/14 Heroic SOO and has clear all the other heroic content in every expansion since Greg took over.

All of you assholes should be ashamed of yourselves. Congratulate Greg on a job well done, and wish him well in his future endeavors. I am so glad I don't have to suffer actually meeting any of you douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear this thread has just used up the worlds supply of tinfoil...
    Aye mate

HAPPY BLOODY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL LORE-PVP-PVE-HATER-WISEAZZ-ANY-nerd ... have a blast of a thanksgiving today and enjoy some turkey ... or any animal you guys have this day ... and other HOLIDAY ... have a nice day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I swear this thread has just used up the worlds supply of tinfoil...
    Nope not getting it.... please explain.

Your error is presuming that focusing on the hardcores wouldn't have done worse. This is rather absurd, given how few hardcores there are.

If anything, things went to hell the moment they reversed course on Wrath and tried to make the end game harder. This was a disastrous blunder, and one they tried to repeat with MoP's initial end game design (LFR notwithstanding.)
    Im not talking about how hard one raid is or anything. Im fine going with normal / hc mode its fine i dont mind. So pls keep your own assumptions as your own and dont try to put your own words to my mouth thank you and have a nice hangyourselfday

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Greg Street did an amazing job at leading the development of WoW and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly being blinded by nostalgia for the "gold old days" of attunements, spending 8 hours to get potions for a raids, spending 2 hours spamming trade chat hoping to find a group, and standing around Orgrimmar or Shattrath bored to tears.

In every expansion since Greg took over (except maybe the end of Cataclysm) I have never felt bored, and I think this game has only gotten better. This is coming from someone who has gotten duelist multiple times, is 12/14 Heroic SOO and has clear all the other heroic content in every expansion since Greg took over.

All of you assholes should be ashamed of yourselves. Congratulate Greg on a job well done, and wish him well in his future endeavors. I am so glad I don't have to suffer actually meeting any of you douchebags.
    No he didnt. He engouraged bad behaviour and playing while making everyone getting everything with very little effort. He was one bad guy and we're glad hes gone.

And what ? 8h? 2h spending groups? Im not sure where did you play but i've never spend 8h farming potions or buff foods for raid / per reset. In TBC i spent like 15mins getting buff foods before raids and hour or two weekends to gather herbs for flasks / potions. You're the one who remembers everyhing incorrectly. But yea sometimes it took some time to find group but atleast when you found it wasnt full of retarded douchebags without knowledge whats CC, how to avoid fire and so on and they actually knew somewhat how to play their class and didnt leech whole run to get latest epics / points.

And you aint bored with this game? Lets take goal to see everyboss in mop for new player. 1-90 in week or two. After that few hours in timeless isle and start doing LFR first to last and youre done in one day or weekend. So yeah what about then? Go flex? GO normal? why would new player ever go to expierence them if he can get everything whats hes satisfied from LFR in week or two? Or gets bored grinding few pieces of item from LFR so yea game is more booring that it was ever. Theres lot to do true but truth is everything is do if you want to we dont want to force you to do anything.... And everything is just press aoe or leech

Quote Originally Posted by megasus View Post
    I didn't like the fact that Boub posted this obviously private facebook status of Greg, instead of just letting him decide when to make a piblic announcement.
    Only to be the first site with the news. BOO!
    Private? There is absolutely nothing private about facebook. "Personal" - yes. But private, hell no. As soon as he put a status update on it on his personal facebook, it was out in the wild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by awesowe View Post
    i hope lobby gaming and flying mounts are gonna get axed. and not for the sake of pvp alone

there's no more world or war or even craft in wow, the whole experience can be summarized by "Q POP"
    GC was against flying mounts. You're more likely to get MORE of them now that GC is gone.

Edit/Update:

I find it very amusing, all the hardcore elitist douchebag posts that are like "Good! Now we can get rid of all this casual bs." - meanwhile, GC was more FOR the hardcore stuff, not against it. As I stated with flying above, it's not just flying, but all aspects of the game are MUCH more apt to be casualized now than they were before. Which I find both highly amusing and ironic.
    Last edited by Pyromelter; 2013-11-29 at 12:50 AM.

Deleted
    I really wonder where he'll work in the future, I mean seriously who can possibly offer him a more fulfilling position (in the gaming industry) unless he chooses to work as a marine biologist lol

I think GC tried to make the game harder instead of more casual (Cataclysm heroics for example). I'm not sure where from this casual-GC image is from.

Pro tip: Ultimately he wasn't the one making the decisions. And if he was, he wouldn't have been for long.
    Last edited by Thes; 2013-11-29 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taquito View Post
    Finally we will get good class balance.
    The class balance now is 1000 times better than it was in tbc and vanilla, stop crying just because your class got nerfed. Also GC was not balancing all the classes all by himself, so not much will change when he is gone.

Stop being a jerk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    I find it very amusing, all the hardcore elitist douchebag posts that are like "Good! Now we can get rid of all this casual bs." - meanwhile, GC was more FOR the hardcore stuff, not against it. As I stated with flying above, it's not just flying, but all aspects of the game are MUCH more apt to be casualized now than they were before. Which I find both highly amusing and ironic.
    I agree, those haters just hates because everyone else is hating. They don't even know why.. They just take everything that's bad about WoW and then blame GC, if GC was responsible for everything in WoW the game would be better imho.