Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I read the post of Lore and to be honest...... i am very doubtful about it!
    I am not saying GC was a bad guy or a good guy; I simply don't have an opinion about him, as I don't know him nor do I follow him on twitter or any place else.

But the way Lore wrote that post.... well... it doesn't sound as if he meant it.
    Things as: That was when I knew Greg truly cared about........ I am sorry but this doesn't do it for me.

I mean come on... giving someone a hand when you meet him/her is the normal thing to do. Passing 5 people to do that doesn't mean he cares.. it could also be perceived as being arrogant enough not to stand up and walk to that person, but just passing 5 others.

Same with all the other things he posted.... it sounds just too forced.

Again I am sorry for saying this :-( just being honest here.
    Yeah, everyone get your tinfoil hat on, it's a conspiracy. Lore had something positive to say about GC so it must be a fake/bogus post...There is absolutely no way at all that GC could be a caring person. Makes sense...

Dont get all excited next guy could make it worst than before lol

Deleted
    Ret paladin party's breaking out left and right . Lets hope he takes that Kalgan troll with him .
    Bye Bye Siegecrafter Ghostcrawler and let the door hit you in the back !!!
    Last edited by mmoc2469da80bf; 2013-11-30 at 10:55 AM.

I am going to RELISH in this!!!!!!!! I abhorred that man ever since I knew his name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by bosshock View Post
    yea might be fixed for you , but you would see major casuals go....
    It is not about this. It's about ignorant chickens talking about "fixing the game" with a hit of magic wand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

He probably realized maybe he's really better off working somewhere else. Most people get bored of their same job after 5 years anyway. Maybe his team he worked with started to suck and he didn't want to be part of it. Who knows? He surely did much for this game. But now I am sure many will wonder how things will go from here. He left at a pretty bad time when the new expansion is being worked on heavily. Way to fuck over everyone.

Problem was and will ALWAYS be Tom Chilton, aka Kalgan, know by some as the ultima online destroyer. It was when he took over lead during mid wrath the game started to go downhill. He used to be the one responsibe for pvp balance before. I bet him put GC in the position he held. The guy is infamous but it seems many new players dont know about him or all he did to screw up the game. GC is nothing compared to him.

I've never understood all the hate for GC... talk about shooting the messenger.

Quite a lot of Asian wow players were complaining about his PVP settings. This has forced quite many players to leave this amazing game.
    In Asia, there are those people who played only PVP, but the revise on talent trees and the limitations on equip levels were regarded as PVP was abandoned.
    This is one of the major reasons that some PVP players were forced to leave this game, some were forced to turn to PVE.

He was a nice guy, honestly, but world of warcraft of 90s were quite different from world of warcraft of 60s. This is the truth.
    Last edited by brucecramble; 2013-12-01 at 07:49 AM.

Finally we can have class balance again in PvP. I might actually reconsider my unsub.

Now if we can get Tom Chilton out too....

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    Ghostcrawler and his team have done a great work, love WoW more then ever. Hope he get it good at his new work.

No, YOU are like fucking cancer, no wonder the community is like toxic waste. It's not Ghostcrawlers fall, it's the gamers own fucking fault.
    Well, he is a crab...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Problem was and will ALWAYS be Tom Chilton, aka Kalgan, know by some as the ultima online destroyer. It was when he took over lead during mid wrath the game started to go downhill. He used to be the one responsibe for pvp balance before. I bet him put GC in the position he held. The guy is infamous but it seems many new players dont know about him or all he did to screw up the game. GC is nothing compared to him.
    That sums it up nicely . Now how to get rid of Kalgan ? Call Bobby and tell him he might wanne sack this one too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    Finally we can have class balance again in PvP. I might actually reconsider my unsub.

Now if we can get Tom Chilton out too....
    Yes, please, please get rid of Kalgan Blizzard. He is the real problem here. It is likely that GC's departure is over disagreements with Kalgan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    There was a full fledged revolt in the wow forums against kalgan's leadership of the game several years ago. He keeps a low profile now.

Ghostcrawler was by no means a bad developer and the feedback and information he provided to the players was respectable. It was not a perfect relationship or a channel of communication, but it is rare to see something like that from a non-indie developer. I also found myself agreeing with him far more often than I found and find myself agreeing with, say, Stockton or Chilton.

I'm inclined to say that anyone who claims that Ghostcrawler was causing the downfall of the game is wrong.
    Last edited by Keoren; 2013-12-02 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I'm inclined to say that anyone who claims that Ghostcrawler was causing the downfall of the game is wrong.
    On one hand I'd agree with your post that anyone who claims gc was causing the downfall of the game is wrong. On the other hand, however, their is one big issue with this - since the players had/have no way to communicate directly with the devs for class issues, quest issues and so on, (I'm talking an all out conversation, not just a blue response here or there to give the impression they are paying attention) the players were getting a response from 1 person (gc) and 1 person alone for a majority of the time, which would give the idea that he's in control and is at fault. He put himself in that position, what is unclear is if he was told to do that, or chose to. Their are countless issues which he caused and/or took a hand in causing. Off the top of my head I can name a few:

1. He played as a rogue in pvp when rogues with little to no resilience were 1 or 2 shotting people with around 1500+ resilience.
    2. He jumped ship and switched to a mage for pvp and did the same thing, what followed next was a plethora of buffs for mages making them virtually un-killable for over a season.
    3. He had a say on implementing some of the best raid encounters in game, yet chose to scrap them for rehashed or old content.
    4. For months he went at it with (a few years back) a hunter grand marshal (plops, was the hunter's name i think) was trying to prove their was an issue with pvp, his repeated response was "get more resilience."
    5. He has no concept of how to balance pvp or pve and separate the two (i can think of one mmo which did this years ago, but he couldn't.) This ties in with #6 and #7.
    6. I've gotten into it with him multiple times over the years regarding feral druids, he has no concept of the druid class yet repeatedly took a hand in breaking us just to give bandaid fixes or to revert back to something that had been changed previously.
    7. He constantly allowed pve aspects of the feral spec to be changed or nerfed as a direct result of forum QQ from players who couldn't even fathom how resilience worked.

I could go on, but as I said earlier: good riddance. Hope the door hits him on the way out. Perhaps he can find some work back at age of empires with his sweet marine science degree.
    Last edited by Epoch; 2013-12-02 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Actually unfroze my account after reading this, now maybe we can finally see the classes balanced...
    (serious just read the stuff Greg has said over the years and anyone who plays WoW at anything above casual would see at times he looked like he did not know what he was talking about or even playing the same game)

Curious who will be the new scapegoat and person to blame since GC is gone?

Edit: Kalgan has kept such a low profile I almost forgot about him... Still GC has done and said so many things that was wrong and he knew it. GC came off as arrogant and rude these past few years. I'm happy to see GC leave and no longer have anything to do with WoW. There has been so many times he was proved wrong or told 100% what was the problem... in the end GC brought it on himself with how he made so many in the WoW community dislike him.
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 2013-12-02 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    the only people who like ghostcrawler are PVE players, PVPERS hate him cos he alone pretty much broke PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference I always found between Kalgan and Ghostcrawler was this. Kalgan could and would, along with Tigole and Furor take hard advice. Why? They've been in our shoes. They've been banned for giving a shit about a MMO. They were all passionate about EQ. Ghostcrawler however was like Sony. Say one thing that he disliked? Crab nerd-rage attack, you'd be perma-banned from the forums. So you know what? Kalgan, Tigole and Furor may not of liked Paladins and Shadow Knights in EQ; but I'll taken them over Ghostcrawler any day of the year.

I'll also give Jay Wilson a chance if he's the new designer.

I only boycotted D3 because of the RMAH and no offline feature, after all. Neither of those were his design concepts either I'd wager.

^^ Hit the nail on the ahead, sir. Though remembering how Kalgan was of the opinion that only warriors are tanks during vanilla which I never agreed with; I'd have to say we'd be best with either Tigole or Furor. I'm leaning towards Tigole.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

First of i don't hate GC, i just don't like any of his behavior nor his inclination to homogenization.

But i found something funny, ppl say GC did not take all the decisions about what is wrong in the game.

YET they praise him about all good decisions made to the game...

So think about it. If hes not calling the shots, why do you praise him so much? WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE? Twitter people is just a very small percentage of the players. I don't care about twitter @ all.