Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I really want to know what job he chose over Blizzard.
    A great work environment can be a huge factor on where we choose to work, but I think at the end of the day people like to do new things and be challenged. I am sure it was an agonizing choice, but I'm guessing he went somewhere where he could push the envelope a bit more and someplace with a similarly great working environment.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will be missed, Ghost Crab. You took this game from its Everquest-emulating roots all the way to the oft-emulated giant it is today. Wrath was some of the best gaming I've had, and Cata was a good concept (horrible execution). Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I've got a large amount of gold bet on people not even noticing him leaving. The person that replaces him is inheriting a much better polished game than GC inherited. Let's just hope his replacement is as good at being a part of the community (i.e. Twitter, forums, etc..).

Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Less is more.
    adages are decidedly an example of less is less.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out!

Rat deserting a sinking ship...Surprise?

15+ Year Old Account
    GC was responsible for class design, trade skills, and communicating with the community.

It's funny how so many people blame him for things like no flying decision, LFG, LFR, etc. and don't even know what his job was. They just shoot the messenger.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP in peace GhostCrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    GC was responsible for class design, trade skills, and communicating with the community.

It's funny how so many people blame him for things like no flying decision, LFG, LFR, etc. and don't even know what his job was. They just shoot the messenger.
    He could have been. It is simply impossible for people to know. They design by committee so any influential designer can influence other designs, but people on the outside really have no idea on what impact and decisions were made by GC and likely never will. It is very possible many things directly under GCs realm were also not his fault, but he isn't going to hang someone out to dry just because he disapproves of the an idea that got accepted by everyone else on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by mdfx View Post
    Yes the class homogenization system is so much better. Tanks: Active mitigation with different spell names, Healers: aoe heal/single target heal/single target hot but with different spell names, DPS Melee: Rouge/Feral/WW Monk CP with energy while keeping debuff/buffs up etc etc you get the point. So much fun right? Soon enough we can split it up to ranged dps/melee dps/healers and tanks and just pick whatever classes that sims out the highest performance for each role because fuck class uniqueness right?

As for the guy you quoted, all the specs he mentioned where viable in both pve and pvp during TBC. The fact that he even mentions beastmastery hunters in the laughing stock category makes me wonder if he ever played TBC.
    Do you have rose-tinted glasses when it comes to TBC? Have you forgotten mace stun warriors, glaive rogues, SLSL warlocks, immortal resto druids in PVP? How about resto shamans and shadowbolt warlocks being the choice classes to bring for raids?

The truth is no stage in WoW was ever truly balanced, but with GC the specs have been closer than ever in PVE at least.

Class balance and uniqueness tend to be exclusive. You cannot have perfect balance and somehow expect each class to be unique at the same time.

Deleted
    RIP in peace. I have a feeling once WoD is released, the usual whiners will talk about the good old days with GC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by si7encer112 View Post
    RIP in peace. I have a feeling once WoD is released, the usual whiners will talk about the good old days with GC.
    It won't even take that long. Effective today probably, we're losing one of our best sources for what's going on in the next expansion. Perhaps Lore can pick up the slack with the theorycrafting threads that GC led prior to MoP. Perhaps not. We'll have to see who replaces GC before we know much of anything.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. didn't expect this.

Although I never really thought much about him, besides being a guy that buffed and nerfed stuff in the game and was part of the design process of the games mechanics.

Remains to be seen, whoever replaces him, if he/she can do ... whatever kind of standard people had for him.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    He plays a priest....
    He plays a priest now he said he played a mage in wotlk who knows what's true.

Deleted
    I'm kinda sorry for him, he always got blamed for everything (either good or bad) within the game. All he did was taking care of class balance and professions, everything else he had nothing to do with it.

But well, people always like to shoot the messenger for delivering the message. What people don't realise is that he was the only one who really cared about sharing stuff with the comunity and ask for opinions on a daily basis and now that he's gone we've lost our "inside scope" on future development.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what will make me laugh my balls off now. If the guy who comes in to replace him ends up doing a job far WORSE then anything GC did to class balance.

Saying that, I don't really want to know if the validity of a game is based around one person leaving and nobody being able to pick up his slack and carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vendizritz View Post
    Woot no more hate on pallys now gc is out of here
    Until palys get nerfed in a major way in WoD and you realize GC did the best he could for your class to make it interesting.
    #boycottchina

So this is why WoD seems so good, because he probably had fuck all input leading up to his resignation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    So this is why WoD seems so good, because he probably had fuck all input leading up to his resignation.
    I'd seriously hold your tongue until you see what its actually like.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-11-28 at 04:02 AM.
    #boycottchina

Good riddance! He dealt WoW several fatal blows through terribad design decisions and jumps ship when it's too late to save. It was also unprofessional of him to add that he was not asked to leave. I have known very few to be so egotistical and full of hubris. I need to know which company he's joining so I can boycott them.

I suddenly feel the magic of Christmas and wanna resub WoW. /group_hug.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2013-11-28 at 04:03 AM.

How could people have not seen this coming? MoP is a flop. Like it or not it's lost more subs the previous expansions. We have seen over the course of it most the servers go dead and it's not even finished yet. Someone was going to be held to account for this and who better then the public face of WoW? He may not have much to do with what has caused the decline in subs but someone had to pay for it.