Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

GC quit, will it impact Warlocks??

I just saw his tweets regarding him resigning, many people wanted this to happen but I kind of feel that he will be missed.

Depends on who take the leadership.

He favors mage too much (they are wining from 3.5 to 1.5 expansions from us, IMO) and takes too long to make decisions.
    Don't worry about class management, from all I know, GC doesn't take part in it (maybe a liiitle bit), he just says "yes" or "no" to whatever the whole team thinks of.

I'd say it's highly doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changed title to not confuse people seeing it in latest threads and coming here as a Priest/Druid/DK etc.

I don't think it will. GC is just the main guy of a large team of devs that all work on the classes. There'll be another guy in charge, but it's not like they are changing dozens of devs that were involved with making Warlocks what they are and will be. There's going to be continuity, even if there are changes (like dot snapshotting) to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Changed title to not confuse people seeing it in latest threads and coming here as a Priest/Druid/DK etc.

I don't think it will. GC is just the main guy of a large team of devs that all work on the classes. There'll be another guy in charge, but it's not like they are changing dozens of devs that were involved with making Warlocks what they are and will be. There's going to be continuity, even if there are changes (like dot snapshotting) to be made.
    /agree, GC was just the face of the designers; While he did have some say and perhaps veto power to some degree, the core of the design team appears to be unaffected by this change.

What might change is the level of transparency between what goes on between the devs and upcoming class balance between now and whomever his replacement is.

The only reason GC got the hate that he did was because he was generally the bringer of bad news (Especially during the WLK/Early Cata period when he actively posted on the forums.) where today, the CM's deliver the bad news, and he just philosophises on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    I just saw his tweets regarding him resigning, many people wanted this to happen but I kind of feel that he will be missed.
    Warlocks were OP before he got there. Warlocks have been OP while he's been there. Stands to reason you'll continue to be OP long after he's gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't make any difference to this, or any class. I just hope another developer steps up to fill the vocal void that will be left now he's gone.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It won't make any difference to this, or any class. I just hope another developer steps up to fill the vocal void that will be left now he's gone.
    Celestalon seems to be taking up the twitter mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Strike View Post
    Warlocks were OP before he got there. Warlocks have been OP while he's been there. Stands to reason you'll continue to be OP long after he's gone.
    Is this a joke?

It's highly unlikely to make any difference. They have a whole team of people who work on class balance. People just know Ghostcrawler because he actually talks to players. The rest of the team have enough sense to stay the hell away from the WoW forums.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    Is this a joke?
    It was posted by a Warrior, of course it is!

Just kidding!

OT: I don't think it will have any impact, they already seem to have plenty of design ideas that they're pushing out that him resigning now shouldn't have much, if any, of a large impact.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dream of Burning Crusade days...Ahh.. so broken..so very broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it will impact not only warlocks but every single thing and aspect of World of Warcraft.

Will it change for better or worse? That's an entirely different story that only time will tell (unless we get Jay Wilson and he turns it into his ghastly vision of what D3 should be).

I doubt it will change much. GC was just the face of the team. As far as we know the rest of the team is still there.

One person leaving isn't going to keep WoW from sinking into the sea. You people are delusional.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks and all other classes will now slowly morph into paladins matrix-style. They were only kept at bay previously by GC's heroic nerfing of the class. He was our Bolvar, our deterrent from the apocalypse. With him gone, I don't want to think about what will happen in the future. Come back to us Greg! We knew not we we did!
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Finally the overpowered mage era has gone. Too late maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Don't make sense you silly goose, clearly he makes all the decisions always and has been holding warlocks back from their true potential ever since he came into power.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    One person leaving isn't going to keep WoW from sinking into the sea. You people are delusional.
    The people ARE wow

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

The only thing I would count on is blizz office using less coffee...that giant on desk coffee machine (not gin hopefully!) had to take up some room. As for what it means for the game hopefully blizz learned that community feedback/communication is a good thing. If they stick with that things should go well.