Poll: How do you feel about people playing under the influence of drugs?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wouldn't know if he was legit. It was a Dota II game. Didn't really care less. Comparing taking a dog out to smoking pot....well it's silly.... Terrible comparision. Taking a dog out doesn't really affect your mind in the way drugs do or in this case pot. I don't know why you even used that
    You totally missed the point of his comparison.

He's saying that both require the game to be paused. Both are a hindrance to your continuous flow of gaming time, and can/might/will annoy you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    ^both of you stop it's the most pointless argument.
    It totally is. I just don't like being labeled as a dick by a dick. I've made my point, and will stop now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in the day I used to refuse to tank without at least a beer in me and a second open on the desk. Nowadays I smoke weed in order to cope with LFR. Other than the occasional tunnel-vision I get, which I also get while sober, I probably pay more attention than when I'm not smoking. Don't know if that's a heightened sense of fear that others will judge me for being baked, or the natural effect of the drug. Also I have a personal vaporizer so I can fire it up if a run starts to turn sour.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    Back in the day I used to refuse to tank without at least a beer in me and a second open on the desk. Nowadays I smoke weed in order to cope with LFR. Other than the occasional tunnel-vision I get, which I also get while sober, I probably pay more attention than when I'm not smoking. Don't know if that's a heightened sense of fear that others will judge me for being baked, or the natural effect of the drug. Also I have a personal vaporizer so I can fire it up if a run starts to turn sour.
    Funny that you should mention this. I've always wondered which of the two it is.

I think it's a little bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    A longwinded, egocentric rant that can be summed up as "The same bullshit excuses."
    Gkick. Now we're both happy.

Honestly I can tie whether or not I had a subscription to WoW the last couple years to whether or not I had weed. It's had a bigger influence over my sub than any game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturehaze View Post
    As long as it doesn't make them behave poorly i could not care less.
    indeed, there are people who can control there attitude and then there are people who can't

my cousin is a real fuck head when on drugs, absolutely despise him... so much so I completely removed him from my life

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Really same bullshit excuses. If it was so dangerous why is more then half of the United States trying to legalize it and over 20 states have. Why has Uruguay completely made it legal. And the fact of the matter is you can't G kick me because I am the guild leader of my own guild with over 300 members that love my personality. I am sick of you condescending assholes. Yes ASSHOLE (infraction imminent but really don't care.) I have traveled all over the country and talked with hundreds of people who have been helped by it. A few that it has saved their lives. And I am anything but egocentric in fact no stoner is because guess what were all about sharing. So please take your useless and un-meanigful comment and leave MMO champion forever.

Inb4 I get an infraction and the dude I quoted doesnt for being completely off topic and not adding to the discussion at all.

The fact of the matter is this thread wasn't debating whether its right or wrong to smoke in general but if its ok to do it while playing WoW. And from my experience stoners are generally a lot better at concentrating and staying on task then people who are sober.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2013-11-28 at 05:07 AM.

As long as they sit in front of the computer and hit the keyboard like a retard and don't hurt anybody it's fine to me.

I would love for you to elaborate.

The only high person that has every gotten on my nerves claimed they were on meth, and those people are always annoying.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I would love for you to elaborate.
    I mentioned in my long post about how I saw someone on page two say they would g kick a drug user. I said good g kick me I don't want an intolerable person like that being my Guild Master anyways. I believe thats what he was going for with his post. I also think the egocentric part was when I explained my achievements when being high which was just there to prove the misconception that people who are high suck at WoW. He is just an ASSHOLE again waiting for the infraction that I don't care about.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2013-11-28 at 05:11 AM.

The same bullshit excuses, again.
    It's amazing how, after I gkick a stoner and they're giving me their vitriolic, self-serving spiel on how much of an asshole I'm being (read: butthurt rant), they always mention how drugs calm and relax them. I always find that part a bit lolsy.

Really same bullshit excuses. If it was so dangerous why is more then half of the United States trying to legalize it and over 20 states have. Why has Uruguay completely made it legal. And the fact of the matter is you can't G kick me because I am the guild leader of my own guild with over 300 members that love my personality. I am sick of you condescending assholes. Yes ASSHOLE (infraction imminent but really don't care.) I have traveled all over the country and talked with hundreds of people who have been helped by it. A few that it has saved their lives. And I am anything but egocentric in fact no stoner is because guess what were all about sharing. So please take your useless and un-meanigful comment and leave MMO champion forever.

Inb4 I get an infraction and the dude I quoted doesnt for being completely off topic and not adding to the discussion at all.

The fact of the matter is this thread wasn't debating whether its right or wrong to smoke in general but if its ok to do it while playing WoW. And from my experience stoners are generally a lot better at concentrating and staying on task then people who are sober.
    You are arguing with a tool who is baiting your response. If you can play while high, and you aren't flaunting it around like a 12yo who stole his daddy's playboy mag, more power to you. I agree with you, for some people playing high is an enhancement in skill and enjoyment.

Deleted
    Used to play with a shadowpriest who was a godlike priest (glad/r1 level) when he was stoned and thus he was always stoned when he played.
    One night he decided to try doing cocaine while playing, never had him so hyper on skype, he still played brilliantly though, he used to be playing while in the same room as his dealer, which caused all kinds of funny situations

I mentioned in my long post about how I saw someone on page two say they would g kick a drug user. I said good g kick me I don't want an intolerable person like that being my Guild Master anyways. I believe thats what he was going for with his post. I also think the egocentric part was when I explained my achievements when being high which was just there to prove the misconception that people who are high suck at WoW. He is just an ASSHOLE again waiting for the infraction that I don't care about.
    Yeah, I got that, I was referring to his edit of your post.

Anyway, I'm just going to assume that Simulatio is a narrow-minded cunt and will go to bed now.

It's amazing how, after I gkick a stoner and they're giving me their vitriolic, self-serving spiel on how much of an asshole I'm being (read: butthurt rant), they always mention how drugs calm and relax them. I always find that part a bit lolsy.
    Oohh, yep I was right!
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2013-11-28 at 05:16 AM.

Nowhere in there does it disprove how much of an asshole you may or may not be.

Hey I never said I was high right now if I was maybe I wouldn't have called you an asshole. But more then likely I would have because you come off as the smelliest of them all. Does alcohol not give you a relaxed feeling? Does advil not relax you from your pain. Drugs are made for relaxation of something whether that be body or mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Anyway, I'm just going to assume that Simulatio is a narrow-minded cunt and will go to bed now.
    My username is latin for "Pretentious". Your assumptions are probably safe. Have a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    You are arguing with a tool who is baiting your response. If you can play while high, and you aren't flaunting it around like a 12yo who stole his daddy's playboy mag, more power to you. I agree with you, for some people playing high is an enhancement in skill and enjoyment.
    I understand he is. But to be honest I find enjoyment in making people make a tool of themselves. I really don't have to do much with this one since I gave him legit facts and he hasn't given me one real response. I have years of knowledge on the subject and I can go on all night, or until a mod finds the asshole remark xD.

Does alcohol not give you a relaxed feeling, blah blah blah
    Yep, that's another of the bullshit excuses I see a lot of. Doesn't really follow, since I gkick drunks as well.