Thread: New HD & SSD

10+ Year Old Account

New HD & SSD

so, my 5 months old hard drive broke for whatever reason, and i apparently managed to not keep the receipt for it (i do still have the ones for all the other parts). so, looks like i'm gonna have to buy a new one. and while i'm at it, i thought i'd add an SSD too.

i have about 250€ to spend, but would prefer to keep it below that. i'll probably use the SSD just for the OS and a few specific games that tend to have frequent and/or long loading times, so i'm guessing 120gb would be enough. for the HD 1tb would be nice and i assume not all that costly, but not exactly needed.

should i just go with the same HD (Seagate Barracuda 1TB) again, and the Samsung 840 120GB that i've seen mentioned in the sample builds sticky? or do you have any other recommendations?

also, part of why i'm making a thread for this is that i want to make sure the new parts will work fine with my current power supply: here is the original build :]

Deleted
    Where are you from? So we know where to look for deals.

Best bet is samsung 840 EVO 250GB if the budget allows for it and a Western Digital Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) HDD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Where are you from? So we know where to look for deals.
    oh right, austria.
    i got most of the parts from the original build from germany though. it does take longer, but austria is pretty small and even the amazon here often just delivers from germany as a result.
    Best bet is samsung 840 EVO 250GB if the budget allows for it and a Western Digital Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) HDD.
    thanks, that looks good. and would only be ~210€, apparently. actually, isn't ~150 worryingly cheap for a 250gb SSD?^^

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    150 is not bad actually... I would be EXTREMELY happy if that was what I paid for the same SSD...

In all honesty, you cannot go by the price of objects and just say "This one is da mor expensiv so it is da better". The Samsung EVO is one of the best SSDs on the market right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    150 is not bad actually... I would be EXTREMELY happy if that was what I paid for the same SSD...

In all honesty, you cannot go by the price of objects and just say "This one is da mor expensiv so it is da better". The Samsung EVO is one of the best SSDs on the market right now.
    Yeah, between that and the Crucial M500 for the best value SSDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    okies, thanks guys! =)