Deleted

Arrow Siege of Orgrimmar, normal, heroic, lockouts, how they work?

Hello.

We progressed SOO 10 man HC and now stays on Dark Shamans where we do 3-tank tactic, on where ill come by my ALT as third tank (NOT LEADER, lockout totaly cleaned). We didnt killed yet but we back in friday.

But...

My second groups need tank for tomorrow SOO NORMAL from begin and if i come (NOT AS LEADER) and down all (or some) bosses before shamans (6/14 max) and gain lockout id then i can come back to friday's shamans on HC? (Where are diffrent lockout with 6/14 HC) And if i can enter by tank then what happened if we down them (shamans HC) via raid-lockout? Can compromised the second group id or not? (I repeat - im not leader of HC group and second group)

I ask because i dont fully understands how raid lockouts excacly works...

When your alt tank tanks heroic shaman, he is locked out for the first 7 bosses on normal and heroic. It's not like LFR or Flex where every boss has its own "ID" (kill status). When you accept a 6/14 ID and kill another boss, all those bosses are dead for you.
    You can continue NORMAL mode with another group after shaman, but not HEROIC - that can only be done with the main group (or if the main group doesn't do it).

The other way round it's no problem. You can kill the first 6 bosses with your alt ON NORMAL and then tank heroic shamans for your main group. Only heroic IDs cannot be crossed.

Deleted
    Yea, i tanked today but not downed and didnt have any raid-lockout in "Raid-info" page ingame, but didnt lockout creates when boss down? I know where i kill boss let's say "numer 6" then i saved to all previous too.

I want to be 100% sure to clear first 6 on normal then down shamans with diffrent group witchout problems.

You can clear the first 6 on normal and still do Shamans heroic. However, if you have already attempted Shamsn heroic, you should already have a 6/14 hc lockout on the character you tried it on.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

So I was wondering let's say you kill the first boss 25 heroic in soo with one guild. Then in that week you swap to other guild and they are head , say on heroic galakras would you be able to help them that week?

Quote Originally Posted by jackoneill sg-1 View Post
    So I was wondering let's say you kill the first boss 25 heroic in soo with one guild. Then in that week you swap to other guild and they are head , say on heroic galakras would you be able to help them that week?
    No. You are saved to a difference instance.

I think this may have been addressed but I wanted to confirm. Here is our real life scenario: My guild wants to focus on progression: H Thok/Seige. We raid once a week so some of us would like to skip the first 8 bosses. Could I take my main to a PUG I sometimes run on my alt with that does 8/14H, and drop their group when they switch to normal. Then invite my guild to take over the unused Heroic lock out for 9/14 on. I do understand that IF they kill any more bosses on Heroic I would be SOL up to where they stopped. My guild would have to run that week without me.

Also doesn't this in a sense give people opportunity to ninja other group's lockouts?

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by bladz01 View Post
    I think this may have been addressed but I wanted to confirm. Here is our real life scenario: My guild wants to focus on progression: H Thok/Seige. We raid once a week so some of us would like to skip the first 8 bosses. Could I take my main to a PUG I sometimes run on my alt with that does 8/14H, and drop their group when they switch to normal. Then invite my guild to take over the unused Heroic lock out for 9/14 on. I do understand that IF they kill any more bosses on Heroic I would be SOL up to where they stopped. My guild would have to run that week without me.

Also doesn't this in a sense give people opportunity to ninja other group's lockouts?

Thanks for the clarification.
    Yes, if you use your alt with a 8/14H lockout as the raid leader, your guild can take over it and start from the 9th onwards assuming everyone else isn't saved to any heroic lockout yet. Take a note that, every members of your 8/14H pug can zone in your ID, so that may pose an issue - i.e: two of them decide to zone in heroic difficulty and AFK inside, in which case you can only get 8 / 23 ppl (including you) into that heroic lockout.

And yes, it does. Actually, it (lockout borrowing / stealing) happened a lot before - all the way back in Vanilla.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply Qualia.

This brought me two other questions. Does it matter if it is cross realm? and 2) what if this other guild is raiding the same time we are but on normal? Weird scenario: Let's say we're doing our Heroic clean up and they decide to swap to heroic at Malk. Would they just be SOL?

Bladz

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't matter if its cross-realm or not - everyone will be saved to the same heroic ID. If they are on and doing normal while you are in doing heroic then there's no issue.

But if they try to switch it to heroic, then they won't be able to. I'm not sure what error message it will give them, maybe instance full assuming they are already in SoO when they try to switch. If they aren't in the instance it should let them change it, but none of them would be able to zone in, assuming you had a full raid. This is assuming that you and they were on the same boss. If you had cleared up to Thok on heroic and they tried to switch to heroic at Malk, I'm not sure what would happen. They probably just wouldn't be able to change it to heroic, but I guess its possible it would still somehow save them to your updated heroic lockout and then the bosses prior to Thok would be dead on normal too. I don't really know how that would work if they were in the instance on normal and you were ahead of them on heroic and they tried to switch.

How about if you leave your guild and the next reset week your old guild extends their heroic lockout? Are you tied to the extended lockout or can you reset your own?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kundica View Post
    How about if you leave your guild and the next reset week your old guild extends their heroic lockout? Are you tied to the extended lockout or can you reset your own?
    Your lockout would reset. If they extended and killed a boss, and you extended then that boss would be dead for you as well, but everyone starts each week fresh no matter what others do with their lockouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP: Check your alt tanks raid lockouts in the Raid window. See if Siege of Orgrimmar is marked as the first 6 defeated or not. If you want a more practical test, just ask a random friend with no raid lockout to invite you to a group and enter the instance before you. When you enter after him you'll be able to tell if you're in the same instance or not.