1. #1

    Take a look at our guild's damage output please, today's logs included

    Hey guys, we are a pretty new guild , started out just when the soo patch hit. We've been going through a lot of recruits with the core of our guild already seemingly in place . We are at 13/14 normal atm (already like 70 tries on garrosh T_T ) .

    Anyway, we cleared normal up to siegecrafter today, and I would like if some of you with better eye for detail and knowledge of specific classes could take a look at our logs and see if there are any personal performance issues on any of the raiders (healing tanking or dpsd doesn't matter). I am still working on getting my knowledge on classes to a decent level, but I would need to know if someone is failing hard at some basics before we hit heroics.

    Here is link to tonight's log, this one specifically to iron juggernaut : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-te...?s=3906&e=4189

  2. #2
    Hey there - I'm not in heroic progression myself yet (starting it this week) but I can compare your mage a bit towards my own dps logs.
    Overall he seems pretty solid with good dps output as well, so compliments on your mage.

    There is however one thing that I noticed; He could switch his talent bombs a bit more often.
    For example his dps for Protectors, Galakras & Dark Shamans is way lower then mine dps is there. The cause of this - he's using Living Bomb on encounters where Nether Tempest really shines (It's my nr. 1 damage spell on these fights).

    To give you the view;

    Protectors Nifu (246K DPS) - Spartex (340K DPS)
    Galakras Nifu (243K DPS) - Spartex (294K DPS) with Tower Duty
    Dark Shamans Nifu (245K DPS) - Spartex (360K DPS)

    I don't know if he's used to multidot with Nether Tempest but if he ain't Ill would advice him to start on it. It wasn't my biggest fun factor in the beginning to learn it but once you master it, he's gonna love it. And damn, another mage that had luck with trinkets <.< - I'm still running with Throne of Thunder ones, not a single trinket drop for me at all during these weeks.
    Last edited by Spartex; 2013-11-28 at 01:41 AM.
    Guild Master of <Defqon> 6/7 HC
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/outland/Defqon/

    Level 100 Human Frost Mage, Outland.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...artex/advanced

  3. #3
    Are his numbers solid even with this gear?: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-logs-included

    I thought he might be a bit overgeared to be pulling those kind of numbers as a mage but I can't point at any mistakes directly.

  4. #4
    I've only played warlock this expac. From comparing my guilds logs a few weeks ago for normal iron juggernaut it is about 20 seconds quicker than your 10 man kill. In your kill you warlock only used shadowburn once. Now, I'm not sure if you know this but this is the 20% execute ability and was only used once.

    In my kill I managed to get off 8 shadowburns in a shorter time period. Also, the average damage of your warlocks chaos bolt looks a little low, this could be due to his reforging (which looks ok) gems (again ok) so it is most likely due to miss timing the chaos bolt. It should only be used with trinket procs up or if you are about to cap embers.

    Your warlocks uptime on immolate is a little low at 84%, mine was also lower than i would like at 92.5% but keeping immolate up will increase the amount of embers you can spend thus increasing your dps.

    Not so much a dps problem but your warlock took damage from ignite armor, this should only been taken from the tanks and is caused from standing infront of the boss, it's just unnecessary damage.

    One other very small thing is that running with grimoire of sacrifice is a slight dps increase (talking less than a few %)

    My logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fa...?s=9297&e=9561

    I'm Deamo, feel free to ask any questions if I haven't explained something properly, I can only guess that my ilvl around the time of my kill was about 560.

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...éamo/advanced
    Last edited by Mori123; 2013-11-28 at 02:08 AM.

  5. #5
    Your Fury Warrior should be using Bloodthirst quite a bit more. He could utilize Heroic Leap a bit more but that's a minor DPS gain, and he should be using Dragon Roar instead of Bladestorm for that fight.
    <Midwinter>
    Armory

    Focusing your rage spending inside Colossus Smash windows, without wasting rage, is very much an intended gameplay element. Celestalon

  6. #6
    On you Prot Warrior:

    He's using Bladestorm for everything, even single target which is really weird. He should be using Dragon Roar for almost everything, you could make a case for Bladestorm on H immerseus/Sha/Gala/Spoils maybe but nothing else tbh. That's a small gain right there.

    He doesn't use revenge enough. On a similar length Malkorok I have like 60% more than him - he died but not for that long.

    He could squeeze in a few more Shield Slams, like 1 per minute.

    Instead of Incite glyph I recommend Resonating Power, he thunderclaps a lot without it for some reason (or maybe he switched it).

    On gearing, he should swap to a pure Riposte build. He's gemming pure stamina a lot and has a lot of mastery that could go to avoidance (and therefore crit).

  7. #7
    Your mage is very good, and should be the least of your worries. Can't comment on frost play style specifically, as I've only played fire this expansion, but his up-time on bombs and Invoker's energy is excellent. In comparison, I pulled 285K to his 270K on Iron Juggernaut last week, which is good for 86th percentile. Since I'm 6 item levels higher than him, it's safe to say the 15K difference in DPS can be attributed to gear alone. If you're concerned about overall low raid DPS, look elsewhere to correct it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    Are his numbers solid even with this gear?: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-logs-included

    I thought he might be a bit overgeared to be pulling those kind of numbers as a mage but I can't point at any mistakes directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    Your mage is very good, and should be the least of your worries. Can't comment on frost play style specifically, as I've only played fire this expansion, but his up-time on bombs and Invoker's energy is excellent. In comparison, I pulled 285K to his 270K on Iron Juggernaut last week, which is good for 86th percentile. Since I'm 6 item levels higher than him, it's safe to say the 15K difference in DPS can be attributed to gear alone. If you're concerned about overall low raid DPS, look elsewhere to correct it.
    The only thing you should look at is why he isn't using Nether Tempest as talent on the fights I mentoined cause he really should. Other small tips he might consider are pointed out in a other recent topic I replied to: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...fter-Blackfuse - it depends tho if these are valid with him since I haven't checked his armory/stats.

    Yea as said - he's doing good and he's the least of your worries. There still could be a bit room if he wants to improve since I pulled 286k DPS on Iron Juggernaut as frost with close to 6-7 Ilvl lower then him (logs are from two weeks ago, and im currently still at Ilvl 557). -->
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=3763&e=4042

    These are however minor things, try to fix the big things first if that is needed/pointed out by others.
    Last edited by Spartex; 2013-11-28 at 03:05 AM.
    Guild Master of <Defqon> 6/7 HC
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/outland/Defqon/

    Level 100 Human Frost Mage, Outland.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...artex/advanced

  9. #9
    For your hunter, he needs to use his signature moves. Meaning Explosive shot or Kill Command or Chimera/Aimed Shot. Your logs don't show him using any of them once for the whole night. I play survival and my Explosive shot is around 25% of my damage for the whole night. I see he is BM so not using Kill Command is making him lose out on a lot of damage. Also it looks like he is only dumping focus with Arcane Shot, so he shouldn't be gassed on focus, just tell him to keep Kill Command on cooldown is a good start. Try and line it up so you can get two off during Beastial Wrath. Also keep Dire Beast on CD, he seems to being doing alright on that but there's room for improvement. Other than that he seems to be doing alright. Just needs to use the main nuke his spec gives him.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceb0xhero View Post
    For your hunter, he needs to use his signature moves. Meaning Explosive shot or Kill Command or Chimera/Aimed Shot. Your logs don't show him using any of them once for the whole night. I play survival and my Explosive shot is around 25% of my damage for the whole night. I see he is BM so not using Kill Command is making him lose out on a lot of damage. Also it looks like he is only dumping focus with Arcane Shot, so he shouldn't be gassed on focus, just tell him to keep Kill Command on cooldown is a good start. Try and line it up so you can get two off during Beastial Wrath. Also keep Dire Beast on CD, he seems to being doing alright on that but there's room for improvement. Other than that he seems to be doing alright. Just needs to use the main nuke his spec gives him.
    Kill command damage is under his pet, not the hunter its self.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-te...?s=3906&e=4189

    For future referance, if you want to see the damage breakdown of your pet, on the damage done page, click the little triangle next to the character name. works for any class with pets/guardians.

    which to echo the point of the person I quoted... They could hit kill command more. Missing ~8 over the fight duration on iron jugg, would assume the same would happen on more fights.

    As for other things I see... looking at malkorok, your lock is using RoF on single target A LOT. It's not worth it on single target unless you're under a very strong haste buff last I checked. I would suggest having them look into that as I'm pretty sure with the RoF ember generation nerfs in 5.4, that it's not worth it anymore on single target most of the time.

    Your WW seems to be consistently missing a few RSK over a fight. Probably around 2-4M worth of damage depending on gear, and the timing of the RSK in particular.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-11-28 at 03:39 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceb0xhero View Post
    For your hunter, he needs to use his signature moves. Meaning Explosive shot or Kill Command or Chimera/Aimed Shot. Your logs don't show him using any of them once for the whole night. I play survival and my Explosive shot is around 25% of my damage for the whole night. I see he is BM so not using Kill Command is making him lose out on a lot of damage. Also it looks like he is only dumping focus with Arcane Shot, so he shouldn't be gassed on focus, just tell him to keep Kill Command on cooldown is a good start. Try and line it up so you can get two off during Beastial Wrath. Also keep Dire Beast on CD, he seems to being doing alright on that but there's room for improvement. Other than that he seems to be doing alright. Just needs to use the main nuke his spec gives him.
    With BM Kill Command shows up against the hunters pet in world of logs, not against the hunter so if you click his/her pets name you'll see kill command in there.

  12. #12
    You can get a lot more out of your prot pala. Shield of the righteous is the signature damage reduction move (-50%ish physical damage for 3 seconds). On top of that it hits hard.

    He barely used it on IJ (20% uptime - should be double that)

    More worryingly he NEVER used it on Malkorok even though he pops holy avenger that gives him so much holy power he should burst from it. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-te...?s=8145&e=8421
    For comparison heres our prot palas damage from the same fight. Shield of the righteous was his top damage and consecration was high too. 2 moves your prot didn't do on that fight. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d9...1/?s=152&e=348 Don't compare dps numbers, our pala solo tanked the blood rage phase so he would have had tons of vengeance. The point is just hes not using all his moves.

    Your prot is not doing his rotation right. Correct one is in the prot pala forums in the guide. He should tattoo it on his forehead.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2013-11-28 at 09:28 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You can get a lot more out of your prot pala. Shield of the righteous is the signature damage reduction move (-50%ish physical damage for 3 seconds). On top of that it hits hard.

    He barely used it on IJ (20% uptime - should be double that)

    More worryingly he NEVER used it on Malkorok even though he pops holy avenger that gives him so much holy power he should burst from it. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-te...?s=8145&e=8421
    For comparison heres our prot palas damage from the same fight. Shield of the righteous was his top damage and consecration was high too. 2 moves your prot didn't do on that fight. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d9...1/?s=152&e=348 Don't compare dps numbers, our pala solo tanked the blood rage phase so he would have had tons of vengeance. The point is just hes not using all his moves.

    Your prot is not doing his rotation right. Correct one is in the prot pala forums in the guide. He should tattoo it on his forehead.
    I am pretty sure he is well aware of its importance, on malkorok our usual 3rd healer disconnected so he pretty much transformed into a 3rd healer more or less, his hps reflects that. As for the consecration , yeah i'll talk to him about that.
    Last edited by cszsolt3; 2013-11-28 at 09:48 AM.

  14. #14
    Alright.

    Your warlock used shadowburn ONCE.

    He used a lot of Rain of Fire, on that fight in particular it's kind of a waste. RoFing on a single target fight is barely a dps increase at all and it just makes your rotation more complex.

    His incinerate casts seems to be way too low. In one of my own older logs I checked, the fight lasted 4 mins 10 seconds and I managed to cast 116 incinerates in total. Your warlock casts 65 in a 30 second longer fight. This spell should be within 5% of CB most of the time on single target. This is also affected by his use of RoF obviously, but even with it I think you should be able to fit in more of them.

    Immolate uptime could be slightly higher. It's currently at 85%, it should be as close to 100 as possible. Remember to refresh it before pushbacks etc so it doesn't fall off.

    Cast CBs with procs, avg dmg of it seems rather low.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2013-11-28 at 10:01 AM.

  15. #15
    One thing that i noticed was that the tank dps seems to be really low. Especially on cleave or high vengeance fights like Spoils, Galakras, Thok or Blackfuse.
    Blackfuse (and Garrosh aswell) being a fight that will be a lot easier to do with good tank dps.
    So thats something that could definitly be worked on.

    Unfortunately im not allowed to post one of our logs but if you want you can look up A few good man on Antonidas EU. Our Raid DPS is pretty similiar with yours and we are 4/14 heroic right now.
    Last edited by Puddlz; 2013-11-28 at 07:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •