Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Would this be true if also playing demo OS (I simply don't like affliction and this is an alt not my main so not playing a spec I hate) or should I be looking at the 10124 break?
    You should go Mastery>Haste to 8100> haste=Crit if you want to play Destro MS Demo OS with gear workable for both.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Masery>haste>crit, although not intentionally

I started this patch as Affliction and geared accordingly. A combination of that and taking what drops I can get gives me a good amount more haste than crit.

I can definitely cut a lock from a 10m guild some slack when going with what spec to play depending on the gear that has dropped for them. Loot RNG can screw a 10m so hard its not funny. That said destro IS the most stat flexible spec out there. As long as you max mastery (via gemming/setups) you can balance haste v crit in reforges pretty easily.

Deleted
    No point looking at haste caps if you're not multitarget anyway >_>

Right now I'm going for mastery > Haste > Crit and I seem to have gotten better numbers out of that but I really hate being under the GCD all the time. I also play affliction for a few fights so it's nice to fit both specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggers1990 View Post
    I'm going Mastery > Crit > Haste (Unbuffed at 17.2k Mastery, 10k Crit and 3.3k Haste) at 558 iLvl and i'm doing absolutely fine. Topping each fight unless i horrifically mess something up or just don't get any sort of procs together for my CD's when others do.
    Might be a shocking insight on the other DPS in my guild, but they're not all massively bad players. I even helped another guild clear this week, still topped.

As the poster above me said, 30% Haste is a hefty amount of Haste and will gimp your Mastery heavily so i really don't recommend doing that. Haste and Crit are really close together, with Haste being better for AoE heavy fights (Spoils for example). If you'd prefer to go that route, still go full Mastery. Just gear/reforge as Mastery > Haste > Crit instead.
    spoils really isn't an aoe heavy fight.

Spoils has always felt like a mix of burst, cleave, and frantic target swaps as people change their mind/make mistakes/or try to parse. A mouseover shadowburn macro and good awareness are 10x more important than the minutiae of secondary stat setups for the fight. Now if you can get that chaosbolt off in time matters more than .3% damage to it from more crit once stuff is dying fast. Then again half the time once its farm stuff dies before the server realizes something is in shadowburn/execute range... Maybe other strats change this but I seldom shift to F&B mode for spoils...usually I'm wishing havoc had a lower CD more than AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Spoils has always felt like a mix of burst, cleave, and frantic target swaps as people change their mind/make mistakes/or try to parse. A mouseover shadowburn macro and good awareness are 10x more important than the minutiae of secondary stat setups for the fight. Now if you can get that chaosbolt off in time matters more than .3% damage to it from more crit once stuff is dying fast. Then again half the time once its farm stuff dies before the server realizes something is in shadowburn/execute range... Maybe other strats change this but I seldom shift to F&B mode for spoils...usually I'm wishing havoc had a lower CD more than AoE.
    this

10char

Personally I prefer Mastery > Haste > Crit for the most part, as it allows me to get off those chaos bolts instead of having to cancel them, as well as Haste scaling better for AoE than crit.

As stated already however, it is pretty much personal preference

Quote Originally Posted by Seismos View Post
    Usually if you cast an incinerate between sac cb's it gives you enough breathing room.
    I thought that the dots joined like ignite/explosive shot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I can definitely cut a lock from a 10m guild some slack when going with what spec to play depending on the gear that has dropped for them. Loot RNG can screw a 10m so hard its not funny. That said destro IS the most stat flexible spec out there. As long as you max mastery (via gemming/setups) you can balance haste v crit in reforges pretty easily.
    so true, 10m lootrng can screw you over so hard that its pure hell to get anything remotely cloe to "BiS" gear, we still havent seen a purified bindings of immerseus since the release of SoO, in fact we've only had 4-5 caster trinkets but we've all coined the cloak from immerseus twice now lol.

personally, i value crit over haste as destro, especially with the LMG as with 5k haste i get under the gcd with backdraft and LMG proc up, so i feel all that haste is wasted, so i stack a bit more crit through reforging and it hasnt really influenced my aoe much, as i still get very close to the gcd doing this, i can definately see the reason in stacking more haste if you're not using the LMG but there is little reason in stacking more haste IMO.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-12-03 at 01:20 PM.

as it stands im running at around 7300 haste, 10k crit and 12k mastery. rounding up a lil bit. my gear isnt super ideal since ive been unlucky on celestiels 10 weeks in a row for leg tier.. but i do ok. in my mind mastery>crit>haste..

heres why haste seems less useful
    1. your meta gem. (granted if u dont have this, well then haste would help more. but for every time you dont crit using incinerate/conflagrate/ shadowburn you are losing dps.
    2. under 20% of a boss. our shadowburn becomes active.. its instant as well. and while we need to spam incinerates to build embers to use it.. haste doesnt really help a whole lot.
    3. raid buffs/berserking/heroism. I'm already under 1 second GCDS for pretty much every skill.. more haste wont help me that much.
    4. the 3 charges u get from casting conflagrate should have already been mentioned as they can drop incinerate to 1 second GCD anyway.

as it stands im reforging all haste/ excess hit away to crit or mastery. I think im at like exactly 99% mastery and near 35% crit raid buffed. it seems to work for now.

I find crit more useful like.. how it is for hunters.. if every attack you have has a 50% chance to crit.. thats amazing.. especially when you combine dark soul and chaos bolt spamming with all your trinket procs up.

oh and I can vouch firsthand on the screwing of immersuis and the trinket. I have ran normal immersuis 10x and flex 13x before the trinket finally dropped on my 10th norm kill. GG for 23 kills before it appeared. and a funny story, this pug lock we brought along coined the normal immersuis at the same time. made me laugh.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-12-03 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    About destruction with sac talent. I read that you shouldn't cast back to back cb if you are close to boss. What is the dot timer for cb when you can safely reapply it with new cb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    I thought that the dots joined like ignite/explosive shot?
    The Dot applied to mob when CB hits has 3 ticks that do not scale with haste effects.

The dot is effected by Pandemic, so as long as two ticks happen before your next CB hit, you will not clip and lose a tick. If it refreshes before the second tick the dot is not yet in pandemic range and a tick is lost.

With cast time + travel time, this generally only happens on the pull while under LMG/Lust

Additional, your Dot base dmg is calculated from your CB dmg, though the Dot dmg is then also calculated off your current SP when its applied. So while you do not often lose ticks thanks to pandemic, you will often overwrite the remaining ticks with a lower SP coefficient on back to back CB's. Its a minimal loss. Feel free to chain your CB's

The whole Sac dot on CB is just stupid and needs to be redone.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2013-12-03 at 08:17 PM.

I like mastery>haste>crit personally. I'm at 19441 mastery and 10271 haste unbuffed. Been working perfectly well for me, but last I knew they were even enough it didn't make any real difference which you stack, or even if you keep them even.

Do not listen to anyone who says you "should" have a specific amount of haste or crit. There is so little difference in any of these setups in any possible situation that you won't notice. your play and procs will determine how well you do.

Stack the fuck out of mastery. Allocate the remaining stats between haste and crit as YOU like. there is no "right" answer.

I'm following Mastery>Crit>Haste... Only have about 3300 haste..

But my off spec is also Destro..

I am using slightly above 10k haste, got 18.8k mastery, and around 5.3k crit. Going to aim for 13k haste cap as soon as I feel affliction would be a more preferable specc.

10+ Year Old Account
    how can you play with so low haste lvls... tried playing with ~4k haste and it felt soo wrong , i could go afk and make coffee between cb casts... back to mastery > haste now for smooth casting ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    how can you play with so low haste lvls... tried playing with ~4k haste and it felt soo wrong , i could go afk and make coffee between cb casts... back to mastery > haste now for smooth casting ;]
    I just love 3kk CB <3

That's why.