Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD - What will be removed?

Hi!

I have been thinking a lot about what will happen to the current world/situation of the game when WoD launch.

When MoP came out, the level 85 version of the scenario "Theramore's Fall" was removed as well as Dragon Soul raidfinder. NOTE. Removed/Inaccessible for level 90s!

So I wonder what will be gone from the world we know know when WoD hit. I reckon all MoP raidfinders/flex will be inaccessible for level 100's as well as Challenge Modes, Scenarios etc. But is there anything else that will be gone or change?

Specifically wonder about Blackrock Mountain. With the new dungeon and raid, what will happen to the mountain that exist today, will something be gone?

And what will happen to Outland? Will this current Outland be gone? Will the instances in Outland be gone? Mounts, reputations, pets etc, everything that exist in Outland?

If anyone know what will change/be removed please share some info, so that I can make a checklist of things I must do before the expansion hits.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    And what will happen to Outland? Will this current Outland be gone? Will the instances in Outland be gone? Mounts, reputations, pets etc, everything that exist in Outland?
    Nothing in BC content is going to be removed, I beleive I read that there might be an "alternate portal" via the Caverns of Time considering that the Blasted Lands Dark portal is linking to the WoD content

Specifically wonder about Blackrock Mountain. With the new dungeon and raid, what will happen to the mountain that exist today, will something be gone?

1. The Blackrock raid has no connection to the actual Blackrock on Azeroth.

2. Draenor is specificially not our Outland, which is not getting changed at all.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest existing content I expect to be removed will be 5.4 Orgrimmar. Either it'll be rolled back to 5.0 version, or it'll get a revamp to reflect the new manager.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see, explicitly, why they need to remove the existing challenge modes; they already scale your gear down to a set level, the only difference will be the spell boosts from level 90 to 100.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

We've lost 5.5.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    We've lost 5.5.
    Pretty sure we were never going to get it to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    If they didn't want to rush WoD, we would have 5.5.

The current Outlands isn't going to be touched because Draenor is being completely built from scratch and is going to be an alternate timeline all together, as already mentioned there was a blue post that mentioned the idea of having a portal in the caverns of time to Draenor, much like all the dungeons that have to do with going back or forward in time.

And what would 5.5 have brought us? A short raid and a dungeon shoved in just so we have something "new" to kill while we wait even longer for WoD? I'd rather have them keep everyone on WoD and get that to us sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by tigojones View Post
    And what would 5.5 have brought us? A short raid and a dungeon shoved in just so we have something "new" to kill while we wait even longer for WoD? I'd rather have them keep everyone on WoD and get that to us sooner.
    That's a different question. I answered the question asked by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    1. The Blackrock raid has no connection to the actual Blackrock on Azeroth.

2. Draenor is specificially not our Outland, which is not getting changed at all.

UBRS is getting revamp though.

Hi!

I have been thinking a lot about what will happen to the current world/situation of the game when WoD launch.

When MoP came out, the level 85 version of the scenario "Theramore's Fall" was removed as well as Dragon Soul raidfinder. NOTE. Removed/Inaccessible for level 90s!

So I wonder what will be gone from the world we know know when WoD hit. I reckon all MoP raidfinders/flex will be inaccessible for level 100's as well as Challenge Modes, Scenarios etc. But is there anything else that will be gone or change?

If anyone know what will change/be removed please share some info, so that I can make a checklist of things I must do before the expansion hits.
    They have the technology to let us scale back to keep acces to the MoP challenge modes. However, it wouldn't be a suprise if the MoP scenarios, raiderfinder/flex will be updated to the new WoD scenarios/raiderfinder/flex raids in their stead.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD's Draenor is a distinct, separate land from Outland as the two are from different timeways - nothing really needs to change in Outland as we know it.

Blackrock Spire's getting a heroic version added, so the normal mode is probably gonna be revamped too, like the Scarlet Monastery dungeons - so run that one while you can before it gets changed forever.

You're probably right to think they'll also restrict access to lower-level LFRs too. That's all I can really think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Don't stop ~ be-leevin'!

Deleted

The mountain itself won’t change. They will only change the Blackrock Spire. I thought the new raid will be in Draenor not in Azeroth – because the Blackrocks are an Orcish Clan and the mountain is named after them?
    What might change in the revamp however: Jenkins achievement might be gone (or might not) as well as BWL prequest might be gone (or might not). It’s too early to tell, but those are the only 2 significant changes I could think of with the change of BRS.
    Outland itself is not going to change and nothing regarding TBC content will be lost.. The only thing that might change is the entrance (suggested via Caverns of Time)
    Apart from LFR (and maybe MoP CM) no playable content will be lost. According to the information we currently have.

Deleted
    They're not rushing it. Exactly the same amount of time will be spent on WoD as if we got 5.5. The lack of an in between patch just means that that amount of work will be done sooner.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know the foundary is in Draenor so that won't change anything for Azeroth. They are however revamping UBRS so I imagine the only thing that will change is the layout of that dungeon.

That and of course Outland needing to be accessed via the Caverns of Time rather than the Dark Portal (at max level only, I believe)
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    They're not rushing it. Exactly the same amount of time will be spent on WoD as if we got 5.5. The lack of an in between patch just means that that amount of work will be done sooner.
    They could have had 5.5 and WoD. They decided to not have 5.5 so that they can release WoD earlier. That's what I meant by rushing WoD. /shrug

I very much doubt they'd remove the only way to level from 60 to 70 without announcing any kind of alternative, so no, Outland won't be touched.

Deleted
    They could have had 5.5 and WoD. They decided to not have 5.5 so that they can release WoD earlier. That's what I meant by rushing WoD. /shrug
    Rushing would imply that they're doing a sub-standard job on WoD just to get it out faster, that's not really the case so I wouldn't say it was rushing.