Exclamation Ghostcrawler Leaving Sign of wow Dying?

When the lead systems designer up and leaves, then it's pretty clear that your game is sinking.

based Pardo is applying chemo to cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's a sign of its rebirth. I like GC, but new perspectives for an old game will certainly help.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your topic title asks, but the topic itself declares.

I really wish people would pull their heads out of their asses long enough to realize that WoW does not begin and end with Greg Street. Never has, never will. There is literally nothing, nothing, he did that no similarly experienced member of his team cannot do.

Actually, I take that back. There is something. He was probably unique in his toleration of the ignorance of this game's vocal-minority 'community'. I can't imagine many people having the strength of will to block out that much stupid daily.

Either way, WoW was here before GC was at Blizzard and it'll be fine now that he's moved on.

I'm sad he's leaving, myself. But I'm going to enjoy laughing in the faces of all these fools who blamed him and him alone for all the game's shortcomings (in their eyes). Now that he's officially gone, you guys are going to eat each other trying to find someone else to blame for stuff when it doesn't all magically get fixed in his absence.

"OMG WTF GC PRIESTS ARE STILL BOTTOM OF BARREL HEALERZ, O WAIT GC QUIT, WTF... UMM... WTF METZEN Y U NO BUFF US"

*leaps onto nearest fellow forum poster and rips off face, hence the zombie apocalypse begins*
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-11-28 at 05:19 AM.

No, I don't think you can jump to that conclusion.

It could be a professional decision, or a personal one. He might be leaving the game industry entirely.

No, I think the game will continue chugging along like it always has.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    based Pardo is applying chemo to cancer.
    If that were the case, Kaplan and Chilton should have been out as well!

*rolls eyes*

Yes yes, people moving onto better job opportunities means that whatever company they work for is doomed to die.

People move on in jobs, they look to move higher up in their careers, this happens in most places of work, Someone else will come in and replace him, why on earth would it mean WoW is dying? And I ask that seriously, giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you aren't just trying to cause drama.

Nope. GC is arguably the worst thing to happen to WoW in its entire history. It's a sign that his bosses finally got their heads out of their asses and realized he is directly responsible for the epic sub number declines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I really wish people would pull their heads out of their asses long enough to realize that WoW does not begin and end with Greg Street. Never has, never will. There is literally nothing, nothing, he did that no similarly experienced member of his team cannot do.
    I think that everyone expecting class decisions to change, or expecting massive alterations to the processes and procedures in place now for the game balance are going to be disappointed.

GC was a face to a system, and the system is changing a big cog is all.

Do you have any reasons or evidence to prove that lead systems designer leaving automatically means the game is "sinking"? Or is this all simply coming out of your own head in hopes of flamebaiting?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Nope. GC is arguably the worst thing to happen to WoW in its entire history. It's a sign that his bosses finally got their heads out of their asses and realized he is directly responsible for the epic sub number declines.
    The only way you can come to this conclusion is if you have absolutely no idea what his job actually was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I know right! Sign of bad times indeed. Its like that time they replaced the main actor of that popular british sci-fi show, I mean you KNOW things are going bad when the actor who plays your title character is jumping ship. What was that show called again? Oh yeah, Doctor who.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let me just grab my handy-dandy tin-foil hat here...

Whenever someone sneezes in the Blizzard facility suddenly WoW is dead. But it's not. Stahp.

Does that mean the game was dying when they hired Ghostcrawler to replace the one before him?

This is mmo-c if blizzard throws out a cardboard box WoW is dying, if they fire 1 guy, WoW is dying, news for you OP you're also dying it's going to take a while but you're dying!

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as unconstructive and unnecessary since we have a lot of other threads on the front page about this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."