Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
  1. #301
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Then, by all means, enlighten me.
    Florena pretty much got it covered. Your only argument seems to be is that he's young (A whelping). I hope you realize that there are different power levels for different people. Jaina is more powerful than another woman her age. Wrathion is an uncorrupted Black Dragon, cleansed and empowered by the Titan artifact during the Badlands quest chain.

    Throughout Mists of Pandaria we've been doing nothing but powering him up by giving him different things. Manifestations of Wisdom and Power, knowledge about the Mogu, knowledge about the Titans, the heart of the Thunder King, a spear empowered by a Lightning Serpent, stones filled with time magic.

    And then there's the 5.3 quest where he needs to be physically disadvantaged or he'd easily kill us.

    Wrathion is not a normal whelp. That is kind of the point of him.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-12-02 at 12:18 AM.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He is goddamn whelp, like the ones we killed in blackrock spire. You could probably squash him under boot heel. Unless he already reached maturity as for 5.4
    Do the quest in 5.3 where you fight him. You can only win because he's blindfolded. He's not a wimp.

  3. #303
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Do the quest in 5.3 where you fight him. You can only win because he's blindfolded. He's not a wimp.
    Gameplay mechanics, so filthy casuals cant get they cloak. Blizz is soooo sinister. I for one, had no problem dealing with him.

    Also mine black dragon whelping is far more badass (and bigger if on steroids) than him.

    And yeah krazy, WE were powering him, bacause he was unable to do all these things by himself.

  4. #304
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,933
    Once again your comment means absolutely nothing and you continue to show your ignorance of the lore.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Gameplay mechanics, so filthy casuals cant get they cloak. Blizz is soooo sinister. I for one, had no problem dealing with him.

    Also mine black dragon whelping is far more badass (and bigger if on steroids) than him.
    Gameplay mechanics? The dialogue makes it pretty clear that the blindfold is a big disadvantage for him. He's supposed to be learning a lesson about how you need 'vision' to properly utilize your strength/wisdom though it falls flat in 5.4 along with the rest.

  6. #306
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And yeah krazy, WE were powering him, bacause he was unable to do all these things by himself.
    This is never stated. He's a Black Dragon, corrupted or not, they are infamous for working through subordinates.

    Unless Onyxia was a weakling because she was using the Defias to further her goals.

    You're just flat out wrong here.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Once again your comment means absolutely nothing and you continue to show your ignorance of the lore.
    i am going to agree with you. he is a VERY powerful whelp but he still has alot to learn. which basically what the legendary quest line was about more power and wisdom.
    Last edited by Darkvoltinx; 2013-12-02 at 12:24 AM.

  8. #308
    By that logic just about everyone in WoW is incompetent and weak because they need the hero to get shit done.

    Also funny that you call the 5.3 quest the one 'so filthy casuals can get their cloak' when that's actually the hardest quest in the entire chain, except for maybe the 'win two bgs' if you're in a terrible battle group, where as the rest of it is just 'go into lfr and hope you get good rng.'

  9. #309
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i am going to agree with you. he is a VERY powerful whelp but he still has alot to learn. which basically what the legendary quest line was about more power and wisdom.

    - - - Updated - - -



    i am going to agree with you. he is a VERY powerful whelp but he still has alot to learn. which basically what the legendary quest line was about more power and wisdom.
    Actually you're adding "power" here because it suits your argument and you're losing on it. The Celestials are trying to teach him wisdom, guidance, a sense of morality more than himself. Not that he is weak.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  10. #310
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    This is never stated. He's a Black Dragon, corrupted or not, they are infamous for working through subordinates.

    Unless Onyxia was a weakling because she was using the Defias to further her goals.

    You're just flat out wrong here.
    That onyxia that got soloed by varian ? She wasnt the strongest, thats for sure.

  11. #311
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,933
    Yeah I'm just going to ignore Arrashi.

    She's done nothing but make just factually incorrect statements, and then do nothing but quote things about game mechanics or just gross ignorance of the actual story.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Actually you're adding "power" here because it suits your argument and you're losing on it. The Celestials are trying to teach him wisdom, guidance, a sense of morality more than himself. Not that he is weak.
    Yeah, even Xuen's lesson isn't about 'you're weak become strong' but whether on how he should use his strength.

    Plus despite being a whelp he was able to use his magic to paralyze that dragon at the end of the rogue dagger quest line allowing for an easy kill by the rogue.

    Wrathion has a lot to learn, is still young, but he's not 'just a whelp.'

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Actually you're adding "power" here because it suits your argument and you're losing on it. The Celestials are trying to teach him wisdom, guidance, a sense of morality more than himself. Not that he is weak.
    what argument?

  14. #314
    When was the rise of Jaina Proudmoore? They really haven't spent much time building her up. Either way if she was going to go all dark and crazy, the best opportunity for that was the bombing of Theramore, or right after the Purge. If she was able to keep her shit together after all that it doesn't make sense to lose it all of a sudden. Personally I would have loved to see her go dark after the bombing of Theramore, and retaliate by turning Orgrimmar into a smoking pile of rubble. That would have at least made sense and given both the Alliance and the Horde a reason to go against her.

  15. #315
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    WE were powering him, bacause he was unable to do all these things by himself.
    You know, a certain sorcerer whose name starts with "S" and is only pronounced in all caps, also had hamsters do all the work for him, fetch artifacts and whatnot.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

  16. #316
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You know, a certain sorcerer whose name starts with "S" and is only pronounced in all caps, also had hamsters do all the work for him, fetch artifacts and whatnot.
    There was big diffrence. For instance person you mention, clearly is in controll 100% of time, and you never doubt he pulls all the strings. Also DAT Voice.

  17. #317
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There was big diffrence. For instance person you mention, clearly is in controll 100% of time, and you never doubt he pulls all the strings. Also DAT Voice.
    One more difference. He died. Wrathion is alive.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

  18. #318
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    One more difference. He died. Wrathion is alive.
    After he ascended, so he is more of banished. Also he was facing Gabe, macha, and one of 3 black people left in galaxy, do you think wrathion could stand a second against them ?

  19. #319
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    After he ascended, so he is more of banished. Also he was facing Gabe, macha, and one of 3 black people left in galaxy, do you think wrathion could stand a second against them ?
    Would he have to? He never made any enemies. One of the three best defenses: not having enemies, being out of sight, being out of reach.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •