View Poll Results: Are you with or against group quests for WoD

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    91 59.48%
  • No

    45 29.41%
  • Not sure/Don't care

    17 11.11%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Fiercely against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Strongly against it.
    Any reasons why? Group quests were something different and offered better rewards. Also you could just skip them and still get to max level easily.
    Also getting a group for them was easy (if nothing else, you could ask your guild mates to boost you).

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    So they weren't mandatory. It doesn't do good for your argument to say "Yeah, they were mandatory...But!"

    You could advance just fine without doing group quests. Instance quests are thing of their own but they aren't part of the subject.
    Some quest hubs in the past ONLY opened if you finished the previous one, don't know how long you've Played but back in the days questing was really bad designed.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  3. #23
    I think it would be cool if there were a few group quests that give good Xp but aren't mandatory.

    I would also like to see a new Ring of Blood type group quest in WoD. It was always awesome to get some nice gear and a bunch of XP for doing those.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-11-28 at 10:48 AM.

  4. #24
    High Overlord aceventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Timeless isle
    Posts
    176
    why not especialy with introducing new LFM ingame system

  5. #25
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayth View Post
    Any reasons why? It was something different and offered better rewards. Also you could just skip them and still get to max level easily.
    Also getting a group for them was easy (if nothing else, you could ask your guild mates to boost you).
    Because it made you dependent on other people. It would be much better to have those kinda quests feature things similar to Flintlord Gairan.

  6. #26
    Group quests are great when content is fresh. When everyone is out in that area leveling. The first month or two of an expansion come to mind. Where they suck ass is 4-6 months after the content gets old and the population of the leveling area gets lower. Not much you can do about that because people simply aren't leveling at the same bulk anymore. At that point they become something that you end up just having to skip or get other people to come help you with little or no help to themselves. Making them a burden for people leveling as they scrap and search and a burden for people in the guilds that have to constantly go back and help people with them thought the course of forever.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    As a Blood DK i approve of group quests, i want em back
    if grp quest came back id want them unsoloable, dam dk's that can solo everything

  8. #28
    So much single players here its sad. It is called MMO for a reason, so yes they should put in grp quests, at least the wanted type ones, those quests were so much fun when they actually needed a grp.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Some quest hubs in the past ONLY opened if you finished the previous one, don't know how long you've Played but back in the days questing was really bad designed.
    Actually that's what happened in Cataclysm, the quest hub thing. In vanilla pretty much all quests were selectable from get-go unless they were mid-part of a questline (And vanilla had maybe 2-3 times in whole game when quest had separate branches even before contiuing themselves, they were 99% linear), all you needed to do was to hit a certain level. It seems you didn't play back in the days to know such.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-11-28 at 11:06 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  10. #30
    No in my opinion, they are only fun when the content is current. After that they become nothing but a burden to people leveling in empty zones.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

  11. #31
    I will have to say no . I play on a fairly dead server, while at launch it might be possible to get people for the group after a while I would have to stand for a long time waiting for people who want to do the quest as well. This was especially problematic with quests like Amphitheatre of Anguish, Crucible of Carnage and those types of quests. It's fine on a normal to high populated server though.

    Now don't get me wrong I really like the quests. They were a welcome break from the monotony of normal questing, it was just problematic finding people at some times and it still is, however I am all for the group quests. I felt they gave a sort of epic feeling to ending a quest-line in zones.

    It might be a solution to make some sort of Group Quest Finder that finds people cross-realm for the group quest. Or simply make them into scenarios instead.
    Synit 90 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

  12. #32
    Yes I am either "with or against group quests"
    capitalism works you say?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/inequ...u-think-2013-3
    Want to try again?

  13. #33
    Group quests work when the zone is populated, and don't when it isn't.
    When the initial rush is over then those become something people ignore or over-level before attempting.

    Blizzard have every intention of trivialising last tiers content, so there is even less reason to have them.
    Seems completely at odds with their whole fuss about danger and immersion, only to then add flying to anything not current any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  14. #34
    The game is getting even more single player than ever before.

  15. #35
    no, you shouldn't be required to play with others in your MMO, in fact we should be asking blizz for a single player story mode.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

  16. #36
    High Overlord aceventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Timeless isle
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    It might be a solution to make some sort of Group Quest Finder that finds people cross-realm for the group quest. Or simply make them into scenarios instead.
    such featurec have been anounced already in blizzcon, like integrated OQ like system, so cant see problems with group content being represented. after all it's mmo and from past I remember few single quest chains, but best memories are from completing group quest chains like in TBC or WoTLK

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    No in my opinion, they are only fun when the content is current. After that they become nothing but a burden to people leveling in empty zones.
    Dont get it how or where ppl play, but you can, and not you specific, but everyone who says the same, a) ask in guild "Hey need help with grp quest", if ppl are ignoring you or refuse to help, should consider another guild b) ask a friend from friend list to help you or port you to another server so you check if anyone there i doing it.

    Tbh think most of these, no because my server is empty, come from ppl getting used to being lazy and just press lfr/lfd button, then actually a lack of ppl to do something. Asking around in guild/general chat, doing /who "zone" and trowing a few whispers etc. can do wonders.

  18. #38
    Dreadlord Orikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    956
    Return of group quests?Sure.
    Just don't make all the quests require a group.By the Titans,don't.The quests that do require a group,however,should be much more rewarding for every player.
    And to be honest,quests involving groups give the "quests" a much more meaningful and "questing" tone then quests that you just go and do yourself.That's just my opinion though.
    This profile doesn't have a signature.

  19. #39
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,446
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I remember back in early wrath when I began I was leveling in redridge and what made it epic was the group quests that were there; they really felt epic like an adventure and fun back then with great rewards and considering the amount of vast xp one can get nowadays, I think it wouldn't hurt if group quests made a return in WoD along with the danger feeling again (and thank god they won't be implementing flying mounts until 6.1 to give it some sense of danger).
    I remember starting in march 2005 (European server so a month after launch) and being too late to get groups for a lot of group quests (loch modan ogre springs to mind) having to either get people i knew on higher levels or just give up on them until they were grey. It is not the kind of questing i want where quests are left behind until completely irrelevant so i vote no to more group quests. Unfortunately your poll is rather unclear, is it yes i am against or yes i am for? I cannot vote in that because i have no idea what i am voting

  20. #40
    The Patient Darkinfinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Unfortunately your poll is rather unclear, is it yes i am against or yes i am for? I cannot vote in that because i have no idea what i am voting
    Question is in the title.

    > Return Group Quests Please in WoD?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •