Poll: Are you with or against group quests for WoD

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would love it, but with the way the game is designed now, it would be a pointless return.

They would do one, two or even all of the above:

A. Make the Elites not powerful enough & people would just group & face-roll.
    B. Elite Creatures for the quest would most likely be completely out of the way in some secluded place adding 0 Danger to the world because Blizzard wouldn't want people getting angry because they randomly come across a camp of elites.
    C. The current WoW Player "Queue" mentality would cause most groups to do the quest in utter silence with the only conversation being, "I'll come, DPS". Sure this does not apply to everyone but I can see this being the majority of groups.
    D. Blizzard wouldn't want to FORCE the Group Quests on anyone (So to not piss off the morons who like to view WoW as a Singleplayer Experience, which honestly is mostly Blizzard's fault by enabling that in the way they do Questing these days) & in doing so they would probably not make the Rewards (XP/Gear) as valuable as it should be & it would end up not being worth people's time anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Personally am against, dead server, no people for group quests
    Once your server is connected to another realm it wont be dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poll instructions not clear.

I am in favor of group quests returning.

Deleted
    If they manage to put together something as useful as oqueue, bring them on. You shouldn't have any trouble finding groups in any server to complete them.

They want to make a dangerous and scary world, so yes of course!

Encourage grouping up in the world as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Group quests were never mandatory. No idea where this idea crawled from.
    As someone else said, yeah, they were, if you wanted to get the good loot at the end of the quest chain. There were a couple in Netherstorm that had great tank gear, that you couldn't get without doing the group quest. And there's that horrible quest with the elite at the beginning of Uldum, that requires you to kite the guy around a sand pit while avoiding the little reptile babies.

I'd be more than happy if they never come back.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

No, but I do think they should add scenarios as part of the levelling process. Even add them to the 1-90 areas.

They should unlock as you hit the ends of big quest chains, so the stuff you've done was building up to something. The reward should be pretty damn good, maybe even a special Soulbound heirloom type item that scales for a few levels after you get it. Ones in WoD should scale to 100, for example. Not as good as heroic dungeon loot, but enough that your ilvl would be high enough to do heroic dungeons right away if you did the scenarios as you levelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Because it made you dependent on other people. It would be much better to have those kinda quests feature things similar to Flintlord Gairan.
    Dependant onother people, in an MMO?! God forbid! We can't have that in multiplayer game can we!? People these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post
    As someone else said, yeah, they were, if you wanted to get the good loot at the end of the quest chain.
    I don't think you know what mandatory stands for.

Were the rewards helpful? Probably. Did the XP make leveling a tad faster? Yeah if you didn't go out on your way to do them. Mandatory for anything? Nope.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I think group quests will work and will be a good thing when the new crossrealm group finder tool is in place.

Group quests were never mandatory. No idea where this idea crawled from.
    Several group quests in BC were mandatory because they involved unlocking a dungeon entrance, one of which was required for Champion of the Naaru (Arcatraz). But yes, on the whole group quests were not mandatory. Quests like Nesingary's hunting quests weren't necessary, they just offered better loot than what was available in dungeons usually.

I don't mind a few being sprinkled in there, but I don't want them to be forced on me. The more I'm able to do on my own, the better the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    No, but I do think they should add scenarios as part of the levelling process. Even add them to the 1-90 areas.

They should unlock as you hit the ends of big quest chains, so the stuff you've done was building up to something.
    While I agree with that in principle, when you consider that you already outlevel zones, even without BoAs in some cases if you're lucky with rare spawns, you'd have immense queues because next to no one would get to the point at the end of the chain, as most chains span an entire zone now.

Questing is a solo thing for me , I used to save the group quests up till I could solo them . Definitely don't want them back

Group quests should come back. It's frickin MMO not single player. With GC gone maybe they will bring them back.

As long as they are optional I would love to have some group quests back. In times of LFD/LFR it is nice to have at least a bit of a social aspect back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Several group quests in BC were mandatory because they involved unlocking a dungeon entrance, one of which was required for Champion of the Naaru (Arcatraz). But yes, on the whole group quests were not mandatory. Quests like Nesingary's hunting quests weren't necessary, they just offered better loot than what was available in dungeons usually.
    The quest line itself was soloable for it's outdoor parts but it had part you had to go into instance for two items. However, it's not a "group quest" in a sense that this thread implies.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Some quest hubs in the past ONLY opened if you finished the previous one, don't know how long you've Played but back in the days questing was really bad designed.
    Silliest thing i've ever heard, there is way, WAY more quest gating today than there was before. Cataclysm especially was completely linear and required the previous quest done before you could even get the next one. Even the zone would be in a different phase until you did your quest. MoP gets somewhat less of that linearity but still, way, WAY too much. TBC and WOTLK and even vanilla allowed free roaming, do whatever quest you want style of lvling.

That was a much better way of doing things, and group quests were part of what made lvling more fun. In that you actually had to talk to other players. Oh my god! right? Using chat before hitting lvl 90?.

The quest line itself was soloable for it's outdoor parts but it had part you had to go into instance for two items. However, it's not a "group quest" in a sense that this thread implies.
    Fair enough, but Shattered Halls still required a group quest (Fel Reaver) and was also part of the CotN chain now that I think about it. Granted you could cheese it and use an already killed Fel Reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    That was a much better way of doing things, and group quests were part of what made lvling more fun. In that you actually had to talk to other players. Oh my god! right? Using chat before hitting lvl 90?.
    jk. Roll a DK, spec Blood and never die while soloing the then pre-nerfed Outland quests.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-11-28 at 12:04 PM.

I'd much rather do a long and difficult quest chain with 3-5 others and get some nice gear in the finale than doing a stupidly easy, boring scenario.