Question Boomkin trinkets and some other questions

Got a question....
    As a boomkin, which 2 trinkets should I get? I know the ones from Immerseus, shamans and garrosh are good.
    And if I get these (flex/lfr, not currently raiding normal/hc) 2 trinkets, how much would my dps increase be? Considering I currently have Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault & Relic of Yu'Lon (haven't been lucky with trinkets..)

I've been doing the lunar opener. But I'm hearing a lot about the solar opener. When do I have to switch my opener? I have both the legendary meta gem and cloak. Do I need to switch my opener when I get my 2 new trinkets? Or should I already switch to the solar opener?

Another question. I currently have Glyph of Guided Stars. With the lunar opener you start with starfall, wrath and as you enter lunar eclips, you apply your dots. But with this glyph starfall wouldn't do any dmg those first 2 seconds. So whats the best way to do the lunar opener without having any dps loss? I currently do: sunfire, starfall, wrath, usual stuff including moonfire. But by doing this my sunfire isn't effected by my dps cd's. Should I apply sunfire again with moonfire so it does more dmg because of the cd's or should I wait until CA?

Bindings and Toxic Totem, preferably. Garrosh's trinket isn't that great for doom owls, while any version of Bindings will be an upgrade.

Glyph isn't really worthwile for most bosses, i mainly use it for Malkorok HC.

Deleted
    To start with , Immerseus and Dark shamans trinkets would work best for you

but once you get end gear item and feel like you hit both haste crit cap *now there is no real crit cap, but if you are 40-45 % crit rating going for mastery/more int would give way more deeps increase then stacking more crit rating*

so, when you feel you are at this point, the garrosh trinket can be really useful, since it gives a huge amount of haste where 40% of it can be reforged, and don't forget the sick int proc. and you want to replace Dark shaman's trinket here in this situation. so you go with immerseus and garrosh, preferable around 575-580 itemlvl

Remember as stated, this is full end continent situation. for casual dark shaman + immerseus trinket !.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    To start with , Immerseus and Dark shamans trinkets would work best for you

but once you get end gear item and feel like you hit both haste crit cap *now there is no real crit cap, but if you are 40-45 % crit rating going for mastery/more int would give way more deeps increase then stacking more crit rating*

so, when you feel you are at this point, the garrosh trinket can be really useful, since it gives a huge amount of haste where 40% of it can be reforged, and don't forget the sick int proc. and you want to replace Dark shaman's trinket here in this situation. so you go with immerseus and garrosh, preferable around 575-580 itemlvl

Remember as stated, this is full end continent situation. for casual dark shaman + immerseus trinket !.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post22152247

Deleted
    if you read the post a little bit more. you would also had read this. Please always read everything when you are looking, instead of just looking at 1 number. and think that is correct.

Kardris' Toxic Totem and Purified Bindings of Immerseus are clearly the best trinkets in the instance (for single-target).

P.S if a guide tells you, crit is good, mastery is bad, or dodge is awesome, Try to always understand why. A lot of people think mastery is bad for boomkins when it's actually an excellent stat aswell

What you seem to forget is that the int proc is the reason it's below the other two. A 10s proc that stacks every second is very poorly designed for multi-dotting as a moonkin.

Deleted
    Ofc the trinket from garrosh is better for other multidot classes like warlocks or shadows. Reasons are simple:
    1a. Warlocks (Affliction): Soul swap = gg. On multitarget fights they burn everything.
    1b. Warlocks (Destruction): HARDCORE-BOLTING with high stacks and refreshing conflagrate. Also double bolting with havoc possible.
    1c. Warlocks (Demonology): Don't know, because that spec is nerfed into the ground. If it would be viable, maybe it could be also very strong while they are in demon form.
    2. Shadows: Twist of fate = gg and also they have 3 dots (plague also count as dot after the first initial burn and does big amounts of dps).
    3. Mage (Fire): BIG COMBUSTION BURN. Also they are able to get a lot out of it, because of 40 - 50 % pyroblast dmg only.
    4. Moonkins: Eclipse |= gg, because we are not able to get the most out of our uneclipsed dot. It is still viable to refresh both of our dots with full 10 stacks until NG is up, but it is clearly not as powerful as for the other classes. Also if you don't have a eclipse up, your wrath or starfire hits for nothing, compared to BOLTS, PYROBLASTS, PLAGUE.

All in all: The trinket is not low, but behind immerseus and kadris for sure. You can't do badass deeps compared to the other classes or exploit with it like locks do atm. But it's nothing new that warlocks are more than over the top since MoP starts, because of unfortunately trinket exploiting.

Did anybody talk about other classes? It's not better for Moonkins, that's the relevant point. Not to mention that the other two are much easier to get, as well. Garrosh's will always be one tier behind progress.

Garrosh trinket is trash. As with any RPPM trinket there are the extremely rare chances where you happen to get a retarded amount of procs resulting in high DPS but that doesn't mean the trinket is any good, especially since Toxic Totem can do exactly the same thing.

The strength of the Black Blood is that applying DoTs at the start of the proc is extremely good for classes who highly value DoT strength, Boomkins don't treat DoTs like that and therefore cannot capitalize on the proc as other classes can. To make things worse there are often going to be situations where you are at the point in your Eclipse cycle where you need to refresh DoTs and your trinket is in it's last 5 seconds in which case you are getting gimped compared to if it had been a Toxic Totem proc.

Even if you argued that the Black Blood proc is on average the same value as the Toxic Power proc (which it isn't) then you are then comparing Multistrike, a 5-6% DPS (about 22k DPS for myself) to 2.5k secondary stat proc. With Wrathcalcs valuing Crit and Mastery at roughly 6.2 DPS per point that is valued at roughly 15k DPS.

By all means, if you think Black Blood is actually better than Toxic Totem and your not just trying to make shit up to sound smart feel free to give us some numbers rather than listing random facts (and lies *cough*critcap*cough*) which have no relevance to the actual power of the trinket.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-11-29 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    easy to get depends on luck and progression.
    sure there are less players @ garrosh heroic.
    but the garrosh nhc trinket is still better than every not dropping immerseus hc trinket and any tot hc trinket. that is the point which i would like to mention.

since the first soo id immerseus still did not drop the bindings.
    also during that time till today we have got only 1 drop of kadris.

easy to get is for sure depending on how lucky you are.
    sometimes you run the whole Tier for specific items that never drop.

edit:
    @ glurp
    i never said that the garrosh trinket is better than the other two. that surely is not the case.
    in a Forum it is like in School: first read -> understand -> think about -> Feedback.
    here my Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by r4id View Post
    All in all: The trinket is not low, but behind immerseus and kadris for sure. You can't do badass deeps compared to the other classes or exploit with it like locks do atm. But it's nothing new that warlocks are more than over the top since MoP starts, because of unfortunately trinket exploiting.
    Last edited by mmoc35afae7d8f; 2013-11-29 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by r4id View Post
    @ glurp
    i never said that the garrosh trinket is better than the other two. that surely is not the cast.
    in a Forum it is like in School: first read -> understand -> think about -> Feedback.
    I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to Squirly who thinks that Toxic Totem + Bindings are "best for casual" and that Black Blood is better once you are "at crit cap at endgame".

Deleted
    everything solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to Squirly who thinks that Toxic Totem + Bindings are "best for casual" and that Black Blood is better once you are "at crit cap at endgame".
    "crit" cap was more meant like at a certain point getting more crit doesn't change much as an example having 45% crit rating, at this point i prefer getting 2-3% more mastery then more crit. as mastery is still dps gain. where crit, well i would still crit with that amount anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    "crit" cap was more meant like at a certain point getting more crit doesn't change much as an example having 45% crit rating, at this point i prefer getting 2-3% more mastery then more crit. as mastery is still dps gain. where crit, well i would still crit with that amount anyway.
    Crit would still be a bigger gain at that point. Just because you don't notice it as much doesn't mean that it doesn't benefit you.