Account shared items.

They said that they're gonna add a toybox to be able to have all your collected toys shared.
    Are they gonna make the tabards shared as well?

Tabards are something they would like to do, but the inconsistent nature of them makes that more difficult.
    If tabards were purely visual then it would be easy, but the issue comes from some of them having on-use effects.
    Having to change a given generic item into one which may or may not have an effect on it is likely where the issue lies.

I suppose replicating the heirloom UI, where you "unlock" a tabard and are able to create a new one to demand could work, if not perhaps as desirable as them being selectable as an appearance.

Reputations are not going account-wide, therefore tabards aren't likely to either.

I do not recall a mention of the toys being account-wide.
    If I missed that, would someone please tell me where that was said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Tabards are something they would like to do, but the inconsistent nature of them makes that more difficult.
    If tabards were purely visual then it would be easy, but the issue comes from some of them having on-use effects.
    Having to change a given generic item into one which may or may not have an effect on it is likely where the issue lies.

I suppose replicating the heirloom UI, where you "unlock" a tabard and are able to create a new one to demand could work, if not perhaps as desirable as them being selectable as an appearance.

Reputations are not going account-wide, therefore tabards aren't likely to either.

toys are getting a menu option in same way gear will be in WoD. was at the blizz panel.

Maybe have a system where, once you use a tabard, it goes into the tabard 'box' where you can create soulbound copies that act as conjured items?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    toys are getting a menu option in same way gear will be in WoD. was at the blizz panel.
    Yes, but no mention I saw of them being account-wide, only that they won't be in bags anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Maybe have a system where, once you use a tabard, it goes into the tabard 'box' where you can create soulbound copies that act as conjured items?
    I suppose a "unique-tabard" restriction would prevent cluttering up your UI, forcing you to destroy the previous one before creating a new one.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

Eh, toys have on-use effects and the heirloom tab will actually create and deposit an item in your bag. They could certainly mix the two and have a tab that creates a tabbard when you want it. You could then delete it to make space and create another when you want it again. It doesn't need to be account wide. Just a tab per character. It would take some work and certainly isn't a necessity but the framework is done.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    Eh, toys have on-use effects and the heirloom tab will actually create and deposit an item in your bag. They could certainly mix the two and have a tab that creates a tabbard when you want it. You could then delete it to make space and create another when you want it again. It doesn't need to be account wide. Just a tab per character. It would take some work and certainly isn't a necessity but the framework is done.
    But the toys will be just spells, not an equippable item in your inventory.
    The item with an on-use effect is just a button for that spell, but tabards are not just their on-use/on-equip effect but are a visual item in their own right.
    Therefore they are not the same as toys.

Tabards could also get the "title" treatment, where they no longer occupy a slot in your equipment, but instead have a dropdown menu on the character frame you can choose from. I'd go with that one.