Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I just can't feel sorry for people who work on holidays, it's part of being an adult and also part of working not so great jobs. Sure, a day like this sucks for retail people, but it's their job to deal with customers. Grow up.
    This...

I had to go in to work once on Christmas Day at 6am because the power went out in the office building and I had to shut everything off before the UPS's died. Couldn't just remote in either from home as the block power outage took down the fiber too. Then I had to go back in the afternoon to turn it all back on. Office was also on the 27th floor, no elevators and only emergency lighting in the stairwells.

Retail working on "holidays," get over it. Black Friday isn't even a holiday.

was uphill, both ways too.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were a radical religious nutjob, this would be my FAVORITE day.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    This...

I had to go in to work once on Christmas Day at 6am because the power went out in the office building and I had to shut everything off before the UPS's died. Couldn't just remote in either from home as the block power outage took down the fiber too. Then I had to go back in the afternoon to turn it all back on. Office was also on the 27th floor, no elevators and only emergency lighting in the stairwells.

Retail working on "holidays," get over it. Black Friday isn't even a holiday.

was uphill, both ways too.
    there's a big difference between working on a holiday and working on a holiday while dealing with retarded customers.

For example, working at a restaurant in Thanksgiving is no big deal. I've done it. Working at Walmart during the Thanksgiving night sales is a nightmare.
    Last edited by Suporex; 2013-11-29 at 10:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    If I were a radical religious nutjob, this would be my FAVORITE day.
    If people had any sense it'd be their favorite day to work, unless you're working registers. Seriously, you'r getting holiday pay to work Thanksgiving (No one does black Friday on Friday anymore of course), and as you see in the videos, all the employees do is sit back, and watch the fist fly. Not being a dumbass and trying to control a crowd. The only job you will have is cleaning up after wards, which is nothing, at all. You pick up pallets, take them to the back, clean up all the cardboard, etc etc. Get carts, easiest day in the world. And it goes super fast because they have the most people working that day.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I just can't feel sorry for people who work on holidays, it's part of being an adult and also part of working not so great jobs. Sure, a day like this sucks for retail people, but it's their job to deal with customers. Grow up.
    Agreed, for statements listed above, it's not that bad unless you work registers, and even then the people aren't that bad. Usually they're adrenalin is calmed down by then.