Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    So why not email me straight away at least? Its almost as if they want there customers to stop paying them...
    My guess is that banning people and sending emails are handled by two different departments, and because of thanksgiving sending emails have low priority atm.

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Xeroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    513
    Did you say something in trade or general chat to offend someone?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    That will never happen because that would just give gold sellers etc. time to move stuff to other accounts.
    Could happen for some types of bans.

    Gold sellers and bots should of course not get a warning.

    That innocent guy that has too many people trying to crack his xuK9nEJjSj5Xc21;[ak09VZFa61Mwr1322kJ52x2qu7c4q68Mo password only to be greeted by the authenicator should not be instantly banned and disconnected
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone etc so i should at least be given the opportunity to defend myself before i get banned.
    and as far as they are concerned they have fair reason to issue you a ban for breaking a rule that is laid out in their ToS and it is a waste of time and manpower for them to argue with every single person who is getting banned as to whether or not the ban is fair. So they send you an email ehich wil give you a reason and allow you to contest it if it's going to be over a certain time limit.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    That innocent guy that has too many people trying to crack his xuK9nEJjSj5Xc21;[ak09VZFa61Mwr1322kJ52x2qu7c4q68Mo password only to be greeted by the authenicator should not be instantly banned and disconnected
    why? suspicious activity is suspicious no matter what the case and if they instantly ban and disconnect it makes it so if the people do suceed there is shit they can do.
    Last edited by Xayl1; 2013-11-28 at 10:04 PM.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire Cyonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sovngarde
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Hi MMO champions! I was just about to enter flex p3 when i got disconnected, i tried to log back in as you would expect only to find my account has received a temp ban. This has come as a complete surprise to me as i fell i have done nothing to get a ban and have not received any emails or in game notifications that i have done anything wrong. I still have not received a email or anything to explain why im banned or anything.

    Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?
    And how long ago did this happen? Have some patience. And if you don't, call them.
    This stuff happens, give it a bit of time.

    Signature by Shyama

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Just curious, since you have stated at least twice that you need to 'defend' yourself, yet you also say that you have done nothing wrong.
    This just seems fishy to me.
    I also get the feeling by the fact that you are coming here with your verbiage and tone that you either:
    do know what you have done wrong, and are playing stupid with us;
    or you did something in game that was obviously ban-able and you are clueless to the fact that it is offensive, and thus ban-able.
    The reason i ask to defend myself is because i would love to know what im being accused of because as i have stated i know for a fact i have done nothing wrong. If i had done something i even remotely thought was a ban able offense i wouldn't be stupid enough to complain about it.
    If you don't have anything constructive to say don't say anything at all...

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Njorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States of America, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    411
    I don't think we have the full story here

  8. #28
    Man I love these threads.
    It's like a shoplifter trying to get away with stealing a ton load of shit.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    My guess is that banning people and sending emails are handled by two different departments, and because of thanksgiving sending emails have low priority atm.
    Emails are automatically generated

    Source: dozens of emails saying the same thing:

    Greetings,

    Blizzard has locked the Battle.net account <email address> due to an unusual change in its access pattern.

    If you recently changed your connection pattern, you can unlock your account with a simple password reset. Visit the Password Reset page to begin the process. The form can also be reached by clicking “Can’t log in” on any Battle.net login page.

    If you did not recently change your connection pattern, someone else may have attempted to access your account using your password. We encourage you to follow our security checklist to secure your computer, and then performing a Password Reset to unlock access.

    Once you’ve regained access, consider adding Battle.net SMS Protect, a free service that allows you to quickly recover your Battle.net account using a mobile device. For more information, see the SMS Protect FAQ.

    Regards,

    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://battle.net/support
    Edit: Should probably also add i know for a fact nobody successfully logged in between last time i played and time i got banned(a period of about 3 months), which means i got banned because somebody TRIED to "hack" me
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I got a 3-hour suspension once. The mail didn't show up until 2 hours into it.
    i also got a 3h ban and waited over 1h 30 for the email, i was killing dinos on the beach of isle of giants when a raid arrives and suddenly im harrassing them when they drag oondasta down to me and the dinos are randomly charging people who hit them,
    got a retarded GM who made the statement *i should have moved to a different area or stop farming until they leave.*

    went through 6 more GMs by default agreeing with first GM until they finally said i wasnt allowed to reopen the ticket without risking more action, called them up and basically had it sorted in under 5 minutes with no more mark on my account,
    i also found out about a month later that everytime someone was ninja pulling at oondasta they would do raidwarnings saying beastslayer is ninja pulling report him and having my guildmaster being whispered having to tell them to *GTFO how is he ninja pulling oondasta if hes currently in fucking uldum*

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Emails are automatically generated

    Source: dozens of emails saying the same thing:
    That does not mean that they are sent automatically. It just means that they have a standard template they are using for their emails.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Just curious, since you have stated at least twice that you need to 'defend' yourself, yet you also say that you have done nothing wrong.
    This just seems fishy to me.
    I also get the feeling by the fact that you are coming here with your verbiage and tone that you either:
    do know what you have done wrong, and are playing stupid with us;
    or you did something in game that was obviously ban-able and you are clueless to the fact that it is offensive, and thus ban-able.
    Defend against false accusations maybe?

    Or that somebody else that he never met and never will meet TRIED to break his password
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  13. #33
    I received a 3 day ban once when Blizzard did a ban wave for abusing a bug. Seems you could open one bag many many times.

    My crime? I saved all my pet trainer bags and opened all 17 after battling all the trainers. Blizzard's ban bot saw me open 17 bags in short succession and banned me along with the abusers. Took me 2 days to get it reversed.

    You should get an e-mail though. I did although it didn't tell me why I was banned. I did my own research and found out about the exploit after and figured out what happened on my own.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Emails are automatically generated

    Source: dozens of emails saying the same thing:



    Edit: Should probably also add i know for a fact nobody successfully logged in between last time i played and time i got banned(a period of about 3 months), which means i got banned because somebody TRIED to "hack" me
    This isn't a ban, this is security lock. Quite a difference between the two.
    [This comment might contain some parts that shouldn't be taken seriously]

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    and as far as they are concerned they have fair reason to issue you a ban for breaking a rule that is laid out in their ToS and it is a waste of time and manpower for them to argue with every single person who is getting banned as to whether or not the ban is fair. So they send you an email ehich wil give you a reason and allow you to contest it if it's going to be over a certain time limit.



    why? suspicious activity is suspicious no matter what the case and if they instantly ban and disconnect it makes it so if the people do suceed there is shit they can do.
    Blizzard shouldn't punish a paying customer by random bans while he is in the middle of something just because somebody else tries to break his password

    Awesome idea: They could let all players chose which country IPs should be allowed to log in, everything else gets a "wrong country, sorry" error
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  16. #36
    had this happen to me once. ban out of nowhere, no email recieved. the next morning i check my mails and there it is (several hours after the initiation of the ban). it said that they could prove that i was abusing the economy and that my account was closed permanently.
    because i havent really done anything warranting a ban, i wrote a ticket and turns out the automated ban system detected that i was using a VPN during play time and immediatly banned my account. but since usage of a VPN is cleary not against the ToS, i got my account unbanned right on the spot by the GM that was handling my ticket

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    This isn't a ban, this is security lock. Quite a difference between the two.
    For a customer, there is no difference

    Ive been banned for "gold selling"(which was paying back the 2k i borrowed the day before), and it was faster to unlock my account from that than from a security lock
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    This isn't a ban, this is security lock. Quite a difference between the two.
    Exactly this^.

    They did it to keep your account safe. Happened me one time as well. All I needed to do was follow the instructions in the mail to get it unlocked again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    For a customer, there is no difference
    Ehm, yeah there is.

    You can remove the security lock in like 5 minutes or less.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-11-28 at 10:17 PM.

  19. #39
    I've gotten a 3 hour ban once and didn't get the email until 3 hours AFTER the ban was over. I never tried to log on after the first 3 hours because I figured it was a 24+ hour ban.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't punish a paying customer by random bans while he is in the middle of something just because somebody else tries to break his password

    Awesome idea: They could let all players chose which country IPs should be allowed to log in, everything else gets a "wrong country, sorry" error
    Hacker uses proxy to change their location to match yours (which they've gained through social engineering or what ever), boom your accounts empty and you qq because "Blizz didn't do anything to prevent this from happening".
    [This comment might contain some parts that shouldn't be taken seriously]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •