Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Thanks for the reply here on mmo champion. i have made a ticket (Ticket EU37853200) but as expected have yet to receive a reply.
    Good luck with your issue, I hope you'll get it resolved soon!
    -Cyo signing off now

Edit: how nice of you, Araxom!
    Last edited by mmoc7be6787211; 2013-11-28 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the majority of bans that go out are deserved. No warning seems fair in those cases. If you have done nothing wrong and it is as someone else suggested a security issue, wouldn't you rather them kick out of the account immediately? What if it had been a hacker, much better to cut them off as quickly as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    I'll check up on it. BRB
    Wow thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I think the majority of bans that go out are deserved. No warning seems fair in those cases. If you have done nothing wrong and it is as someone else suggested a security issue, wouldn't you rather them kick out of the account immediately? What if it had been a hacker, much better to cut them off as quickly as possible.
    Yeah it's kinda like, the phone is ringing, and the police is on the other end...

"this is the police, would you mind us coming over and arrest you, because we have a warrant out for you?"
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Okay, it looks like a 3 hour suspension for a violation which was verified on the account. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to go into more detail about the issue.

Deleted
    Wow thanks!
    Makmi, tell us the details later!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Makmi, tell us the details later!
    Its to do with what one of my characters was named! i thought you were supposed to get a warning but oh well. had the character since mid cata so really odd its take so long to get banned for it, i didn't really know it was that bad because ive seen people with names so much worse than mine.

Deleted
    Its to do with what one of my characters was named! i thought you were supposed to get a warning but oh well. had the character since mid cata so really odd its take so long to get banned for it, i didn't really know it was that bad because ive seen people with names so much worse than mine.
    Weird, I got a free name change when I got reported for my name. It was on an RP server though and my name wasn't exactly fitting to an RP server, so it wasn't offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    As someone with expirence in false or overstated harrassment bans in the past, I can tell you this is how it usually goes down. The Numbers go by seconds

Second Number 1. A GM Messages you
    Second Number 2. You get disconnected
    Second Number 120-500. You receive an email

I will admit I find the practice to be poor, but thats just how it works, the GM does not give you the right to defend yourself (why should he, its not his job) and you can take it up with a ticket if it is more than 48 hours.
    Happened to me too I managed to get a well that sucks dick and got an extra 3 days added to my 3 day ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, from Blue statements...
    If your toon name is against TOU, you are not automatically punished. For it to happen it normally needs enough reports from other players coming in regarding the name being inappropriate..
    In other words, you've likely just lucked out with the toon for all the time until now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen people with names which were of genuine intention who were banned, this crap happens unfortunately, all it takes is one butthurt player to report you and you'll get a ban.

My friend was force nameswapped from his original name - Smokinbluntz, after some Rogue reported him.
    I've had a character called Happysappy for years now, and people still find it offensive, when I created it, it was a genuine name I found funny and it had no meaning.

I've heard of other Characters called things like "Coon" and stuff and have been banned, I can honest swear down to god i've never heard the word Coon in a derogitary term towards a black person, and I didnt even know it was a taboo word until someone mentioned the meaning of it to me, and I was 21 at the time, the guy who got banned had no idea either, apparently it's a word used in America more than the United Kingdom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Weird, I got a free name change when I got reported for my name. It was on an RP server though and my name wasn't exactly fitting to an RP server, so it wasn't offensive.
    same thing happened to me in vanilla when my priest was called jesus on a rp server

same thing happened to me in vanilla when my priest was called jesus on a rp server
    HAHAHAHA I got banned for having Muhammad as my name on an RP server. It was reversed and I was forced to change my name. I guess over 9 years of play I have had more then my share of bans.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    As someone with expirence in false or overstated harrassment bans in the past, I can tell you this is how it usually goes down. The Numbers go by seconds

Second Number 1. A GM Messages you
    Second Number 2. You get disconnected
    Second Number 120-500. You receive an email

I will admit I find the practice to be poor, but thats just how it works, the GM does not give you the right to defend yourself (why should he, its not his job) and you can take it up with a ticket if it is more than 48 hours.
    how is that not the GMs job? That is exactly the GMs job...

I had a human priest named Jesus on a non-RP server, and just for laughs would role play as a religious zealot in stormwind, yelling at people in the AH to repent for their sins. I eventually grew tired of this, and had my guildmates report my name, and got a free name change that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    well there we go... Repeating violence of the same paragraph of the TOU then...
    Why not simply use some fantasy and originality to come up with something new instead?

I've noticed times and again, how the creativity level of the player base's toons, is lackluster to say it in the least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    HAHAHAHA I got banned for having Muhammad as my name on an RP server. It was reversed and I was forced to change my name. I guess over 9 years of play I have had more then my share of bans.
    This is my first ban and hopefully my last!

On a more positive note although ive thanked araxom privately id like to publicly thank him for his help on the matter, especially due to the fact he came to mmo champion and helped me(i have no idea if he was informed of this thread or he happened to find it) But either way thank you Araxom for your help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially since it's a Holiday here in the US....

This is my first ban and hopefully my last!

On a more positive note although ive thanked araxom privately id like to publicly thank him for his help on the matter, especially due to the fact he came to mmo champion and helped me(i have no idea if he was informed of this thread or he happened to find it) But either way thank you Araxom for your help!
    I've seen him/her lurk here and post from time to time. Araxom is listed as in CA. Kudos to him/her for looking at this on a holiday.