Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Emails are automatically generated

Source: dozens of emails saying the same thing:

Edit: Should probably also add i know for a fact nobody successfully logged in between last time i played and time i got banned(a period of about 3 months), which means i got banned because somebody TRIED to "hack" me
    Which is a good feature, what do you prefer unlocking your account or leaving it open and let the person trying to hack it carry on trying to hack your account.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    BAHAHAHAHA "Snitches"
    You sound 12.
    Maybe take some personal responsibility (not these days!) and stop doing whatever it is that keeps getting you banned? I highly doubt is just some "swearing".
    I don't have to take responsibility because I don't care, the day they perma ban me for it is the day I'll stop playing WoW and you can silently thank in your little wittle wuvley heart that your game is that much safer from my satanic mutterings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "Snitches love to feel important" = whining.

Also, who are you to assume how people talk in Vent, much less further assume that these same people who "probably curse" are the ones reporting? Kind of stupid to refer to people you don't even know as hypocrits... for all you know it could be a God-fearing Mormon who's never said fuckshitballsdamn etc in his life that's doing the reporting.
    I didn't consider that possibility because I didn't assume that many god-fearing people (to that extent) play this game. I mean, those kinds of people burned Harry Potter books back when it became a phenomenon because they claimed it promoted witchcraft (unlike the Wizard of Oz LOL!), so how could I ever imagine they play WoW, where witchcraft exists from the way we light our fires to our sewage systems.

Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    From the sounds of it several people complained about the name of one of my alts. Sad really because it wasnt really offensive

- - - Updated - - -

Well they used to give warnings for exactly this so not exactly acting entitled. If your going to be a troll at least try a little harder.
    are you implying you got warned before already? either way they dont need to keep doing the same routine. dont break the rules kid.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

So OP, will you let us know what name you got banned for?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the sounds of it several people complained about the name of one of my alts. Sad really because it wasnt really offensive
    If you got an actual action (ban) for a name instead of just flagged for rename, you've either had too many characters flagged for rename, or yes it really was offensive and you're just pretending otherwise.

All you people named Hordeisgay and Clitaurus, you know what you're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    So OP, will you let us know what name you got banned for?
    It's "not really offensive," so there's no need to show anyone, because he was wronged by Blizzard and a bunch of whiny tattletales. Or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone.
    "As far as your concerned" is not how it works.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just accept the ban and be happy it's only temporary. In all of my WoW career, I have never seen Blizzard ban anyone by mistake, and that includes when they recently perma-banned my main account. Go read over the ToU and I'm sure you'll find the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    How do you know if your account is banned or locked? When you try to log in there is an error message that says something about being "banned" or "locked"?
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    you might've been hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    you might've been hacked.
    nope. that was an automated ban for logging in with ips not matching the address info on my battle.net account, after sending them a photo id and a piece of mail it was reversed. just posted that to show that it says your account has been closed regardless of the circumstances

and yes i had an authenticator and it didn't matter
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    nope. that was an automated ban for logging in with ips not matching the address info on my battle.net account, after sending them a photo id and a piece of mail it was reversed. just posted that to show that it says your account has been closed regardless of the circumstances

and yes i had an authenticator and it didn't matter
    Is this new? I log in very often using in with a different IP than the one that matches my address. My bf lives 200 km away from me and I visit him every other week. I've never been locked by doing that, or by using anyone else's network.

I've only been locked when I used two networks in quick succession of which one was satelite and one "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    That will never happen because that would just give gold sellers etc. time to move stuff to other accounts.

Trace the items/gold. Ban those accounts aswell. Profit

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Anyone good (and Blizzard is good) can easily see through a proxy to find the originating location.
    What? You're completely wrong. You can only "see" through proxies that voluntarily report originating party and that's even if protocol allows that. HTTP have such facility. WoW game protocol, AFAIR, doesn't. And, I repeat, proxy HAS to choose to report it. If HTTP proxy doesn't add this info, you can't "see" through anything.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2013-11-29 at 03:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it a little stupid that they would temp ban your account for suspicious activity simply because of a failed brute force attempt - that's just asking for denial of service attacks and all the shady things that come with that. Imagine a world first race where one guild spams the other guild's login details to get them temp banned during progression? Not too far from the realms of possibility given the tactics some guilds have used in the past.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED