Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    So my accounts just been banned...

    Hi MMO champions! I was just about to enter flex p3 when i got disconnected, i tried to log back in as you would expect only to find my account has received a temp ban. This has come as a complete surprise to me as i fell i have done nothing to get a ban and have not received any emails or in game notifications that i have done anything wrong. I still have not received a email or anything to explain why im banned or anything.

    Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?

  2. #2
    They'll send an e-mail eventually.. just have patience.

  3. #3
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,389
    I got a 3-hour suspension once. The mail didn't show up until 2 hours into it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    They'll send an e-mail eventually.. just have patience.
    But doesn't it seem odd to you that they don't notify you before you get banned.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Paula Deen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Albany, Georgia
    Posts
    3,709
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Hi MMO champions! I was just about to enter flex p3 when i got disconnected, i tried to log back in as you would expect only to find my account has received a temp ban. This has come as a complete surprise to me as i fell i have done nothing to get a ban and have not received any emails or in game notifications that i have done anything wrong. I still have not received a email or anything to explain why im banned or anything.

    Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?
    As someone with expirence in false or overstated harrassment bans in the past, I can tell you this is how it usually goes down. The Numbers go by seconds

    Second Number 1. A GM Messages you
    Second Number 2. You get disconnected
    Second Number 120-500. You receive an email

    I will admit I find the practice to be poor, but thats just how it works, the GM does not give you the right to defend yourself (why should he, its not his job) and you can take it up with a ticket if it is more than 48 hours.

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,721
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    But doesn't it seem odd to you that they don't notify you before you get banned.
    They will, be patient.
    Just think what u have done.

    Might be that you have had a bad language towards people.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Hi MMO champions! I was just about to enter flex p3 when i got disconnected, i tried to log back in as you would expect only to find my account has received a temp ban. This has come as a complete surprise to me as i fell i have done nothing to get a ban and have not received any emails or in game notifications that i have done anything wrong. I still have not received a email or anything to explain why im banned or anything.

    Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?
    Probably "due to suspicious activity" which includes people trying to bruteforce your password

    If you have done nothing wrong, you can unban yourself with a simple password reset(linked in the mail they send)
    For that password reset you need answer to secret question or some numbers from a product key registered on that account

    Source: I have been banned "due to suspicious activity" a few dozen times, last one was on my 3rd account which i play twice a year, noticed it yesterday
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  8. #8
    Old God Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    10,833
    Wait for the email...or get impatient and call them. Those are your options.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    As someone with expirence in false or overstated harrassment bans in the past, I can tell you this is how it usually goes down. The Numbers go by seconds

    Second Number 1. A GM Messages you
    Second Number 2. You get disconnected
    Second Number 120-500. You receive an email

    I will admit I find the practice to be poor, but thats just how it works, the GM does not give you the right to defend yourself (why should he, its not his job) and you can take it up with a ticket if it is more than 48 hours.
    But i got no email or message from a GM. This is terrible customer service for a game i pay £8.99 a month for when there are thousands of botters than seem to be ignored by blizzard.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post

    Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?
    Bad customer relations, aha. What are they supposed to do? Write you an e-mail and ask: would it be OK if we banned you?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    But doesn't it seem odd to you that they don't notify you before you get banned.
    If blizzard had any say in how quickly your email client of choice recieves and processes their email, then yes, it would strike me as odd.

    Also, check your spam mail. Gmail is especially bad at putting blizzard emails into spam (even if legit) thanks to the innumerable amount of phishing emails that get sent "from" them.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,798
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    But doesn't it seem odd to you that they don't notify you before you get banned.
    No. Why should they warn you that a ban is coming? That just gives you time to move stuff to other accounts etc.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If blizzard had any say in how quickly your email client of choice recieves and processes their email, then yes, it would strike me as odd.

    Also, check your spam mail. Gmail is especially bad at putting blizzard emails into spam (even if legit) thanks to the innumerable amount of phishing emails that get sent "from" them.
    I tested this by doing a password reset and the email came through instantly so its definitely not that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    No. Why should they warn you that a ban is coming? That just gives you time to move stuff to other accounts etc.
    Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone etc so i should at least be given the opportunity to defend myself before i get banned.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,798
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone etc so i should at least be given the opportunity to defend myself before i get banned.
    That will never happen because that would just give gold sellers etc. time to move stuff to other accounts.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    That will never happen because that would just give gold sellers etc. time to move stuff to other accounts.

    So why not email me straight away at least? Its almost as if they want there customers to stop paying them...

  16. #16
    I have had them do it and I never even GOT the email. A lot of times they have an auto ban program...usually runs around the beginning of the month, as I get tagged by it a lot because of my IP location being outside my billing area.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Bad customer relations, aha. What are they supposed to do? Write you an e-mail and ask: would it be OK if we banned you?
    Maybe send the recovery email when you get banned, not ages later

    And yes, they should ask "would it be OK if we banned you just because some random dude tried to bruteforce your long random character password + authenicator"
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    So why not email me straight away at least? Its almost as if they want there customers to stop paying them...
    What's your problem, really? You're just pissed off because you got banned, and it most probably happened for a reason. What do you think how it works? Do you imagine they're having 500.000 GMs sitting somewhere, receiving and answering ban appeal mails or phone calls? Also, what difference does it make that you haven't got your mail yet? You're suspended and that's it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I have had them do it and I never even GOT the email. A lot of times they have an auto ban program...usually runs around the beginning of the month, as I get tagged by it a lot because of my IP location being outside my billing area.

    This could be why im banned cus my ip is a good 100 miles from where i actually live for some reason. But i would think this would lead to the account being locked not banned.

  20. #20
    Dreadlord mykro9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Athens, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    867
    Just curious, since you have stated at least twice that you need to 'defend' yourself, yet you also say that you have done nothing wrong.
    This just seems fishy to me.
    I also get the feeling by the fact that you are coming here with your verbiage and tone that you either:
    do know what you have done wrong, and are playing stupid with us;
    or you did something in game that was obviously ban-able and you are clueless to the fact that it is offensive, and thus ban-able.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •