Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't punish a paying customer by random bans while he is in the middle of something just because somebody else tries to break his password

Awesome idea: They could let all players chose which country IPs should be allowed to log in, everything else gets a "wrong country, sorry" error
    That is a awesome idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone etc so i should at least be given the opportunity to defend myself before i get banned.
    As far as you're concerned is obviously different from the ToS. Stop breaking them, or stop complaining.

Deleted
    I got a 3 hour ban mid raid in wotlk because I was advertising poker games for gold (poker addon). Was told gambling games are not permitted in wow... The good old days though, we'd be 9 during trash playing for gold. After raids we'd hop onto pokerstars to lose some steam, and money.

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    Hacker uses proxy to change their location to match yours (which they've gained through social engineering or what ever), boom your accounts empty and you qq because "Blizz didn't do anything to prevent this from happening".
    Anyone good (and Blizzard is good) can easily see through a proxy to find the originating location.

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    Hacker uses proxy to change their location to match yours (which they've gained through social engineering or what ever), boom your accounts empty and you qq because "Blizz didn't do anything to prevent this from happening".
    Honestly, id rather be hacked every year than have my account locked every week because somebody TRIED to hack me

Also, my definition of social engineering(seems to fit wikipedia's definition: Social engineering, in the context of information security, refers to psychological manipulation of people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. A type of confidence trick for the purpose of information gathering, fraud, or system access, it differs from a traditional "con" in that it is often one of many steps in a more complex fraud scheme.) doesn't work on all people

Some of us still don't post our passwords on facebook, twitter or whatever else is new and "#YOLOSWAG"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Anyone good (and Blizzard is good) can see through a proxy to find the originating location.
    Not at first glance, which is what a system like that would have to be.

Hi MMO champions! I was just about to enter flex p3 when i got disconnected, i tried to log back in as you would expect only to find my account has received a temp ban. This has come as a complete surprise to me as i fell i have done nothing to get a ban and have not received any emails or in game notifications that i have done anything wrong. I still have not received a email or anything to explain why im banned or anything.

Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?
    this happened to me over a year ago, someone hacked my account and sold all my gold, when I counted Blizzard about it they accused me of doing it, and then when I told them I wasn't involved in anyway they said my account security measures were too lax'd and I was still banned. (I will admit I didn't have an authenticator but does that warrant a perma ban?)

So I had to quit wow, got a smoking hot girlfriend, a decent job, I don't have to work holidays like I had to be before to support my wow life.... PROFIT!

Deleted
    And to all the people saying about getting banned for someone trying to hack my account, i have a authenticator so that would be super dumb if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Exactly this^.

They did it to keep your account safe. Happened me one time as well. All I needed to do was follow the instructions in the mail to get it unlocked again.

- - - Updated - - -

Ehm, yeah there is.

You can remove the security lock in like 5 minutes or less.
    And a ban for gold selling in 5 minutes or less

The difference? The name is all!
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    And to all the people saying about getting banned for someone trying to hack my account, i have a authenticator so that would be super dumb if that is the case.
    And you wouldn't get banned for that. The worst that could happen is that they lock your account to keep it safe. You can easily disable the security lock within a couple of minutes.

So do I, but I actually get shocked if it goes 14 days without at least one of my 3 accounts get "security locked"

How do you know if your account is banned or locked? When you try to log in there is an error message that says something about being "banned" or "locked"?

10+ Year Old Account
    And a ban for gold selling in 5 minutes or less

The difference? The name is all!
    If you can't see the difference between a ban and a security lock then it's pointless to keep discussing this, since you are obviously clueless and unwilling to listen to reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi MMO champions! I was just about to enter flex p3 when i got disconnected, i tried to log back in as you would expect only to find my account has received a temp ban. This has come as a complete surprise to me as i fell i have done nothing to get a ban and have not received any emails or in game notifications that i have done anything wrong. I still have not received a email or anything to explain why im banned or anything.

Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?
    Blizzard isn't a democracy, nor is it required to 'give you a chance to defend yourself'. Your 'rights' are clearly defined in the http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html or http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/wow_tou.html (depending on where you have your account)

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    How do you know if your account is banned or locked? When you try to login it says something about being "banned" or "locked"?
    I don't remember the exact wording since it happened about 2 years ago, but I'm pretty sure it said something about the account being locked when I tried to log in.

Deleted
    So do I, but I actually get shocked if it goes 14 days without at least one of my 3 accounts get "security locked"
    OT: I've had this only once, when logging in through the app. I went to college. I went from the train's wi-fi to college's wi-fi in less than 2 minutes, and either of them is probably using a proxy. -poof- lock. It shouldn't happen that often. Try changing your e-mail perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastslayer50 View Post
    i also found out about a month later that everytime someone was ninja pulling at oondasta they would do raidwarnings saying beastslayer is ninja pulling report him and having my guildmaster being whispered having to tell them to *GTFO how is he ninja pulling oondasta if hes currently in fucking uldum*
    Nerf Misdirect!!!!!1!!1!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    I don't think we have the full story here
    Sounds very fishy

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    If you can't see the difference between a ban and a security lock then it's pointless to keep discussing this, since you are obviously clueless and unwilling to listen to reason.
    I'm saying the difference for a standard customer is only what it is called, you are the one not listening to reason.

Also, calling people clueless isn't a good argument

10+ Year Old Account
    I tested this by doing a password reset and the email came through instantly so its definitely not that.

- - - Updated - - -

Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone etc so i should at least be given the opportunity to defend myself before i get banned.
    'because as far as you are concerned' isn't relevant... the decision to ban someone is made by Blizzard and its employees, not you. Sorry. There is a provision to appeal any ban.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.