Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lol you did/said something wrong and some snitch reported you.

Snitches should have the monitors explode in their face lol but don't pretend you did nothing wrong, banning people isn't as accidental as pressing one button by accident.

I get banned all the time usually for swearing, whether small or big ranty swearing.

Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Its to do with what one of my characters was named! i thought you were supposed to get a warning but oh well. had the character since mid cata so really odd its take so long to get banned for it, i didn't really know it was that bad because ive seen people with names so much worse than mine.
    they dont NEED to give you a warning. you broke the rules you got banned for it. stop crying about it like you are entitled to something. be a good little boy and your mom will give u a cookie before u go to bed kk
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballantines View Post

Snitches should have the monitors explode in their face lol but don't pretend you did nothing wrong, banning people isn't as accidental as pressing one button by accident.

I get banned all the time usually for swearing, whether small or big ranty swearing.
    From the sounds of it several people complained about the name of one of my alts. Sad really because it wasnt really offensive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    they dont NEED to give you a warning. you broke the rules you got banned for it. stop crying about it like you are entitled to something. be a good little boy and your mom will give u a cookie before u go to bed kk

Well they used to give warnings for exactly this so not exactly acting entitled. If your going to be a troll at least try a little harder.

I was banned for the first time in 8 years a couple of weeks back. All I did was send heirlooms from my horde character over to my alliance one and then bought some weapon enchants from the Alliance AH and that was enough to trigger their security. That was done around 9am and then when I tried to log back in later that night I was banned. "Reason for Closure: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy"

So I had to wait until the next day to call Blizzard and get it sorted out. Although I must say the gentleman I spoke to was very cool and he said it wasn't my fault and sometimes things get flagged when they shouldn't. Although now I'm a little scared to play my Alliance guy now just in case it happens again.

From the sounds of it several people complained about the name of one of my alts. Sad really because it wasnt really offensive
    Snitches love to feel important.

I find it hilarious they ban for swearing when they let Conan call others dick. I mean I get that there is a line but simple cursing shouldn't be bannable

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I find it hilarious they ban for swearing when they let Conan call others dick. I mean I get that there is a line but simple cursing shouldn't be bannable
    Completely agree the majority of WoW players are over the age of 18 and I think that most of us have heard and even used these words over the year.

From the sounds of it several people complained about the name of one of my alts. Sad really because it wasnt really offensive.
    What was the name?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What was the name?
    ^ yea man you got banned gotta tell us the name now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi MMO champions! I was just about to enter flex p3 when i got disconnected, i tried to log back in as you would expect only to find my account has received a temp ban. This has come as a complete surprise to me as i fell i have done nothing to get a ban and have not received any emails or in game notifications that i have done anything wrong. I still have not received a email or anything to explain why im banned or anything.

Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?
    If you think Blizz just ups and bans people, like they get bored and do it on a whim, you're a fool. You either did something and aren't saying, or something was done with your account that struck them as suspicious/a violation of their policies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Conan =/= WoW. 2 different games with 2 different ratings, dumb to compare them or their policies. Also, Conan kinda failed terribly, so I can't say I blame Blizz for not saying 'let's do what they're doing!'

- - - Updated - - -

Snitches love to feel important.
    So do people who think 'eff these rules I agreed to when I signed up for WoW, imma name my toon wutever i want'.

Whether you like their policies or not, you agreed to them the moment you scrolled down and clicked "I accept". So don't whine about 'snitches' when your decision to ignore said policies blows up in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Conan =/= WoW. 2 different games with 2 different ratings, dumb to compare them or their policies. Also, Conan kinda failed terribly, so I can't say I blame Blizz for not saying 'let's do what they're doing!'
    They mean the Blizzcon commentary that the comedian Conan O'Brien did, not the Conan MMO.

Deleted
    So why not email me straight away at least? Its almost as if they want there customers to stop paying them...
    They wont miss you, they got 7 million that still pays

Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone etc so i should at least be given the opportunity to defend myself before i get banned.
    Well as far as they're concerned, you have. And are you kidding me? You want a chance to defend yourself before receiving a ban? Can you imagine how much time would be wasted if Blizzard employees gave every account holder a chance to defend themselves for every petty ban they hand out? Blizzard might make mistakes sometimes but a lot of (most likely most) bans they hand out are for legitimate reasons. Yours might even be one of them; just wait for the email and appeal it then if you have a problem. You aren't special. You aren't worth their time.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    When any kind of administrative action is taken on a Blizzard account, an email is sent to the registered email address, that includes a description of the issue and a link back to our support portal in case the account holder wishes to contest the action. Although it can sometimes take a bit longer to receive the email, it shouldn't take too much time as the email is automatically sent when the action is taken and the issue is closed. If the email notification has not been received (is not in the junk/spam folder), please reach out to us through one of the following support portals:

-For North American Accounts-
    -For accounts in EU-

Thanks,
    Araxom
    Blizzard Customer Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    I'll check up on it. BRB
    Wow would you look at that. What a guy. You actually got a Blizzard employee to help you out after complaining on MMO-C. On Thanksgiving! What a generous person. And it turns out, you actually were wrong! whaddaya know.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW ToU
    BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
    (its even actually in all caps like that)
    Last edited by Neyze; 2013-11-29 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Whether you like their policies or not, you agreed to them the moment you scrolled down and clicked "I accept". So don't whine about 'snitches' when your decision to ignore said policies blows up in your face.
    Pshhht I'm not whining you don't see me making threads about it, and you certainly won't see me stopping, I just thought I'd comment on what I find hypocritical about these people, who probably swear on vent and in real life and all of a sudden are offended by the odd rant or swear directed at thin air in game. I'm actually curious to see if they'll one day perma ban me, I'll finally stop playing then.

Pshhht I'm not whining you don't see me making threads about it, and you certainly won't see me stopping, I just thought I'd comment on what I find hypocritical about these people, who probably swear on vent and in real life and all of a sudden are offended by the odd rant or swear directed at thin air in game.
    I swear in real life. I'm not offended by it really. However, I do find complete morons offensive. You can't be banned for being intellectually stupid. You can be for swearing. So if you're an idiot, and you do something that is actionable, you can bet on it that I'll report you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tested this by doing a password reset and the email came through instantly so its definitely not that.

- - - Updated - - -

Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone etc so i should at least be given the opportunity to defend myself before i get banned.
    Well, as far as their concerned you did, and its their game. Don't like it? Don't play.

P.S Read the ToS sometime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Completely agree the majority of WoW players are over the age of 18 and I think that most of us have heard and even used these words over the year.
    Age of players isn't relevant, what people have or have not heard isn't relevant.

Bottom line is the game has rules and if people choose not to follow, they run the risk of getting banned. People can whine about that all they want but as I said above every *single* person who plays the game agrees to said rules every time they make an account and every time there's a patch.

Back in Cataclysm I told a guy to go fuck himself (with a piece of fruit) once in trade because he was being extremely rude to a new player who asked a 'new player' question - I got a brief ban the next day. I didn't bitch or whine about it, because I knew the risks of replying the way I did. So when WoW booted me off, I played Skyrim for a couple hours and logged right back on.

10+ Year Old Account

BAHAHAHAHA "Snitches"
    You sound 12.
    Maybe take some personal responsibility (not these days!) and stop doing whatever it is that keeps getting you banned? I highly doubt is just some "swearing".

This is my first ban and hopefully my last!

On a more positive note although ive thanked araxom privately id like to publicly thank him for his help on the matter, especially due to the fact he came to mmo champion and helped me(i have no idea if he was informed of this thread or he happened to find it) But either way thank you Araxom for your help!
    Np! Shouldn't be much longer before you're back in the game. Thanks Makmi!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pshhht I'm not whining you don't see me making threads about it, and you certainly won't see me stopping, I just thought I'd comment on what I find hypocritical about these people, who probably swear on vent and in real life and all of a sudden are offended by the odd rant or swear directed at thin air in game. I'm actually curious to see if they'll one day perma ban me, I'll finally stop playing then.
    "Snitches love to feel important" = whining.

Also, who are you to assume how people talk in Vent, much less further assume that these same people who "probably curse" are the ones reporting? Kind of stupid to refer to people you don't even know as hypocrits... for all you know it could be a God-fearing Mormon who's never said fuckshitballsdamn etc in his life that's doing the reporting.