Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic paragons 25m: Using a 3rd tank to use scorpion

Hey everybody,

My guild wants me to go guardian and use the scorpion buff to do massive DPS. I've been trying to find some guides for tips&tricks about using the scorpion form on heroic paragons, but I didn't find much, I was wondering if you guys had info to share?

From what my guildies asked me to do, is simply taunt after korven does his shield bash, then I taunt to take the vicious assault, and with that vengeance, i blow up Hisek when amber prison is going on Korven... To me it sounds like I should be simply tanking Korven the entire time until amber prison happens to get maximum vengeance, but it seems like they wanted to go that way.. Am I wrong?

Anyways, feel free to share your strats around this and your experiences, I wanna bring my A game next raid.

We do this with only 2 tanks... just be smart about when one of the tanks uses the buff so that the other tank wont get insta gibbed.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We do it on 10 man, would be easier to pull off with even 2 tanks on 25 man.

Scorpion does loads of damage but you lose the ability to use any defensive CDs at all once transformed, and the transformation lasts 30 seconds. Build up a healthy amount of vengeance and have your other tank taunt off and/or just throw externals on the tank that's transformed. For us it wasn't really an option to throw externals on the transformed tank because we didn't really have a lot.

Note I'm not saying it's easier on 25 man, I'm just saying that the option to continue tanking as a scorpion is more possible due to increased externals.

I believe we use this tactic on Korven and then again when Manipulator comes downs. It adds an extra layer, but if you do it properly you probably don't even need to use CDs when Korven uses his prison because the tank does a shit load of damage in those 30 seconds.

Our bear did 900k on our first kill and we 2 tanked it.

I take Skeer then Karoz. When Rikkal dies I take Korven and he takes Karoz. He uses Scorpion on the Hisek burn with Karoz on him (bear armor/hp OP). I keep Korven on me and he picks up Iyyokuk.

When Korven dies I take Iyyokuk and Karoz back, he takes Xaril and goes scorpion for 2nd time. He taunts karoz back after and also picks up Manipulator while we kill Iyyokuk. I then pick up Kil'ruk and he scorpions for Manipulator burn. Once Manipulator and Kil'ruk die I taunt Karoz back and he goes nuts with the vengeance for 4th scorpion.

Sounds a bit confusing yea, but we found it worked best. He got maximum uses out of it and it was pretty safe. Just be careful when you have Ka'roz on you at high stacks and go scorpion, hurts a lot.

So as the non Scorpion tank I go:

Skeer -> Ka'roz -> Korven - > Korven -> Ka'roz + Iyyokuk -> Iyyokuk -> Kil'ruk -> Kil'ruk -> Ka'roz.

He goes:

Rikkal -> Rikkal -> Ka'roz -> Ka'roz + Iyyokuk -> Xaril -> Ka'roz + Kaz'tik -> Ka'roz + kaz'tik -> Ka'roz -> Nothing (big deeps).
    Last edited by Frozendekay; 2013-11-29 at 12:56 AM.

We were doing it with two tanks (25m) for about 140 wipes.
    Swapped in third tank and killed on the second try. The tank is still tanking while in scorpion occasionally, but it is much more forgiving - especially when people decide to feed the kunchongs :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also remember on 25 man, you can use pally bops to remove the Rikkal/Skeer or Kil'ruk/Xaril debuffs so the other tank can taunt easily without getting the scorpion gibbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Also remember on 25 man, you can use pally bops to remove the Rikkal/Skeer or Kil'ruk/Xaril debuffs so the other tank can taunt easily without getting the scorpion gibbed.
    This has nothing to do with the scorpion getting gibbed.

The 2 times that you really need to use it is on Prime and Poison mind. When those debuffs are not even in the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Hey everybody,

My guild wants me to go guardian and use the scorpion buff to do massive DPS. I've been trying to find some guides for tips&tricks about using the scorpion form on heroic paragons, but I didn't find much, I was wondering if you guys had info to share?

From what my guildies asked me to do, is simply taunt after korven does his shield bash, then I taunt to take the vicious assault, and with that vengeance, i blow up Hisek when amber prison is going on Korven... To me it sounds like I should be simply tanking Korven the entire time until amber prison happens to get maximum vengeance, but it seems like they wanted to go that way.. Am I wrong?

Anyways, feel free to share your strats around this and your experiences, I wanna bring my A game next raid.
    Yeah we do this with two tanks not really sure why you would need three.
    Depending on how much you gear you have I imagine 3 tanking would make the already tight enrage even tighter.

On our first kill (571 guild ilvl) I believe we killed it 50~ seconds past enrage even our most recent kill (576 guild ilvl) we were a few seconds over enrage but if you really think you have the dps for it I guess it could be worth doing. But its entirely do-able more efficiently 2 tanking.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2013-11-29 at 05:55 PM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

We do this with 2 tanks on 10 man our guardian druid pops that skill that heals himself while he does damage prior to activating the scorpion and then he deal reatrded damage while in scorpion form due to vengeance and keeps himself at 100% HP at the same time. He usualy does 2x more DPS than the second guy on the chart by the end of the fight, it works that well.

If you gona use a 3rd tank for the scorpion youll waste the best part of using a tank for the scorpion in the first place wich is the high vengeance.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-11-29 at 06:47 PM.

Does anyone have a video of their guild doing this on 25H preferably?

10+ Year Old Account
    Natures Vigil lasts the whole scorpion buff pop it with before you transform and heal for millions while you dps. Ysera's gift will continue to heal while in scorpion form spec into it. Other than that get the 2 scorpion dots up and spam claw till you have to refresh them.
    Last edited by dawawe; 2013-11-29 at 09:38 PM.

All great info, thanks guys, I'll bring up the 2-tank strat with my guild, sadly thought I don't think they'll use me as a tank even though nature's vigil sounds OP in scorpion form, my tank offspec is just way lower ilevel : O

Deleted
    We've killed it twice, and our Prot pala takes the scorpion and just crushes the meters. We two tank it.

There's no need for a third tank if your healers are on point, just have your tank call for cooldowns (ours is asking for pain supp / monk bubble etc) and have your healers pay special attention, that's about it.

Off topic (or on topic) you say you use it to blow up up Hisek when Korven gets the amber. How come you don't kill korven first then deal with Hisek. Doesn't this make you have to deal with amber twice?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Off topic (or on topic) you say you use it to blow up up Hisek when Korven gets the amber. How come you don't kill korven first then deal with Hisek. Doesn't this make you have to deal with amber twice?
    I reacted on that as well. Does not seem like a good idea to leave Korven up any longer than necessary.

We get two ambers that way but we also get less aims/potential for death. Enrage wasn't a factor so we chose the safest path.

I think our kill was 11:30 with like 7 deaths? 6 healed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    We get two ambers that way but we also get less aims/potential for death. Enrage wasn't a factor so we chose the safest path.

I think our kill was 11:30 with like 7 deaths? 6 healed too.
    You guys didn't BoP your first kill did you?

We discussed doing 2 Ambers but we found after Korven died that was the easiest time to take Aims since we would have both tanks jumping in also. I Safeguard the target every time also. I feel wanna say we didnt lose anyone to aim after Korven pretty much ever.

No, we didn't use the BoP strat. Aims were safer at that point yea but we had issues with Rapid Fire and calculate + multishot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    No, we didn't use the BoP strat. Aims were safer at that point yea but we had issues with Rapid Fire and calculate + multishot.
    Gotcha. We 5 healed so the lines sucked. The was probably the majority of our wipes on attempts after Korven.

Sorry to necro, but I'm having trouble finding this information elsewhere. Are there any other tanks that as are proficient at using the scorpion buff as a guardian druid is?

Quote Originally Posted by Nonom View Post
    Sorry to necro, but I'm having trouble finding this information elsewhere. Are there any other tanks that as are proficient at using the scorpion buff as a guardian druid is?
    All of them are viable.