Raid Lockout extending question

I hate to be the biggest noob ever but my raid has never ever used extension besides maybe one time to get a heroic Madness kill because we didnt want to do spine again.

Since my raid is going to be dropping to 1 or 2 days a week, down from 3 due to holidays and schedules. We are going to start extending the lockout to focus on heroic progression. Can someone tell me if the following works:

We raid the first 6 bosses on heroic and I extend the lockout on my main resto shaman (6/14) then the rest of the raid finishes the raid with a few pugs and my alt. Can I invite everybody on my shaman the following week and we start back on dark shaman heroic or since they went further is it messed up?

Any clarification would be much appreciative. Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    I hate to be the biggest noob ever but my raid has never ever used extension besides maybe one time to get a heroic Madness kill because we didnt want to do spine again.

Since my raid is going to be dropping to 1 or 2 days a week, down from 3 due to holidays and schedules. We are going to start extending the lockout to focus on heroic progression. Can someone tell me if the following works:

We raid the first 6 bosses on heroic and I extend the lockout on my main resto shaman (6/14) then the rest of the raid finishes the raid with a few pugs and my alt. Can I invite everybody on my shaman the following week and we start back on dark shaman heroic or since they went further is it messed up?

Any clarification would be much appreciative. Happy Holidays!
    Basically as you described a lockout works like this.

During the week that you are progressing through the heroic raid everyone that is in that raid progresses through the same bosses. So you stop at boss "x" with your alt/main and continue the raid with your other alt/main and get farther.

Next week rolls around and everyone would be reset to fresh starting on the first boss.
    INSTEAD you extend the lockout on your toon that left the raid early. You would need to start the group and everyone entering the instance would be at whatever boss you did not complete on the prior weeks lockout.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

normal and heroic lockout works different from each other.

If you start clearing bosses on heroic, you get that 1 lockout, only 1! That means if you kill Heroic immersus, and people continue to kill bosses in that lockout, you will get saved too.

But if you kill normal immersus, and then leave and they start doing heroic protectors, you can continue on normal/heroic.

Basicly if you started doing a heroic lockout, your all saved to that specific lockout so if they clear it you auto also clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    normal and heroic lockout works different from each other.

If you start clearing bosses on heroic, you get that 1 lockout, only 1! That means if you kill Heroic immersus, and people continue to kill bosses in that lockout, you will get saved too.

But if you kill normal immersus, and then leave and they start doing heroic protectors, you can continue on normal/heroic.

Basicly if you started doing a heroic lockout, your all saved to that specific lockout so if they clear it you auto also clear it.

no. if you step out of the raid you do not get saved to subsequent bosses.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    It only works that way for normal mode kills. For heroic modes, if you sit, even though you don't get saved on your lockout ID display to the bosses, any heroic bosses that the rest of the raid kills subsequently in that lockout will also be dead if you try to extend it the next week. Heroic bosses are locked to a specific lockout; normal mode bosses are just locked by character.

For example, back in Cata, if you wanted to do Heroic Rag sales runs, we could not clear 6/7 heroic, have one person switch to another toon and then use the toon that wasn't in for Rag to extend the lockout the next week. The boss would be dead in that lockout, and you would have to reclear the instance.

Heroic mode: Saved by a raid id. Anyone (on your server or not) progressing with the raid id, will save it for everyone who uses that same raid id.
    Normal mode: Saved by individual character. Anyone progressing with a normal raid id will not affect your own progress or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    which is wrong.. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Roia View Post
    Heroic mode: Saved by a raid id. Anyone (on your server or not) progressing with the raid id, will save it for everyone who uses that same raid id.
    Normal mode: Saved by individual character. Anyone progressing with a normal raid id will not affect your own progress or vice versa.
    Can confirm dem truths, if your Shaman steps out at 6/14HC then you continue for the remaining 8/14N on your alt, your Shaman will also be saved to a 14/14 lockout.

no idea what is right. i guess we'll test it next week , thanks for the input