Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    NO, I made it up!!! I am not the internet, or am I?! I just think his leaving was very sudden, and not after any project was completed or anything. People get asked to give a letter of resignation all the time.
    Have you ever found a better job opportunity? They usually don't line up with your current work schedule...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Laurellin - Deathknight

  2. #22
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I think Greg Street as asked to leave the company personally... I don't know what he did, but I just have a feeling he screwed up something.
    How does one get a feeling over the internet? Well, I also got a feeling. My feeling is he got offered something that is a new and fresh challenge for him (not even saying a better paid job).

    Sooo...my feeling against your feeling....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  3. #23
    The amount of stupidity in this thread is overwhelming.

    While Ghostcrawler isnt infallible, his presence in the game was anything but negative- forumers are instilled with the irrefutable truth, since his addition to the game, that Blizz actually actively hears feedback. His blue posts explaining changes were insightful, objective and interesting to read. If anything, this guy deserves a raise , or a statute of a crab over at Blizz HQ for his contributions. It would be beyond incomprehensible if he was actually force to leave.

    I play an elemental, and I dare say they are at a good state right now - I will without a dobut top the dps chart if there is any aoe or chain involved, and this includes heroic immersus, and any of fallen protectors, sha of pride, galakras, dark shaman, spoils and garrosh - that's 7/14 of this tier, which if you cant count, means I'm topping half of this tier. The only other class that comes close to challenging my supremacy in aoe position would be arms warrior, but they suffer from the melee unfriendliness of these fights. And no, elemental is rather balanced in single target fights as well - i beat less skilled mages, hunters and locks, and I stay on par with them if they are good, with less than 0.5% damage done difference (sometimes I'm ahead, and sometimes they are).

    The only time when elemental fares poorly, is when it's a multi dotting fight - fights like nazgrim, fallen protectors (if your tanks dont tank them together) and maybe paragons (cos multi dotters can pad without anyone knowing they are padding), and it's solely because I cannot chain them. Nonetheless, I dare say that's a good trade off for being able to top damage for half of this tier.

    If you think elemental damage is doing poorly - it's because you are a bad player who stood in fire, one who knows nothing about simcraft and stat ratios and cant be bothered to find out, or one who doesnt know the fight's mechanics to dps. I find no other reason for you not being able to compete with any other class in cleave and single target fights.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePro88 View Post
    The amount of stupidity in this thread is overwhelming.

    While Ghostcrawler isnt infallible, his presence in the game was anything but negative- forumers are instilled with the irrefutable truth, since his addition to the game, that Blizz actually actively hears feedback. His blue posts explaining changes were insightful, objective and interesting to read. If anything, this guy deserves a raise , or a statute of a crab over at Blizz HQ for his contributions. It would be beyond incomprehensible if he was actually force to leave.

    I play an elemental, and I dare say they are at a good state right now - I will without a dobut top the dps chart if there is any aoe or chain involved, and this includes heroic immersus, and any of fallen protectors, sha of pride, galakras, dark shaman, spoils and garrosh - that's 7/14 of this tier, which if you cant count, means I'm topping half of this tier. The only other class that comes close to challenging my supremacy in aoe position would be arms warrior, but they suffer from the melee unfriendliness of these fights. And no, elemental is rather balanced in single target fights as well - i beat less skilled mages, hunters and locks, and I stay on par with them if they are good, with less than 0.5% damage done difference (sometimes I'm ahead, and sometimes they are).

    The only time when elemental fares poorly, is when it's a multi dotting fight - fights like nazgrim, fallen protectors (if your tanks dont tank them together) and maybe paragons (cos multi dotters can pad without anyone knowing they are padding), and it's solely because I cannot chain them. Nonetheless, I dare say that's a good trade off for being able to top damage for half of this tier.

    If you think elemental damage is doing poorly - it's because you are a bad player who stood in fire, one who knows nothing about simcraft and stat ratios and cant be bothered to find out, or one who doesnt know the fight's mechanics to dps. I find no other reason for you not being able to compete with any other class in cleave and single target fights.
    Honestly, before you go around accusing everyone of standing in fire I would really appreciate it if you posted your logs. That way we could analyze, and judge for our selves if what all you say is true.

    Also honestly if you are within .5 % dps of your groups lock, hunter, mage, or rogue on any single target fight then you are just extremely out playing those players who play those classes. But that is a discussion for another thread.

    Well my point is before you make statements like
    If you think elemental damage is doing poorly - it's because you are a bad player who stood in fire, one who knows nothing about simcraft and stat ratios and cant be bothered to find out, or one who doesnt know the fight's mechanics to dps. I find no other reason for you not being able to compete with any other class in cleave and single target fights

    id really like to see logs probing it

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    Honestly, before you go around accusing everyone of standing in fire I would really appreciate it if you posted your logs. That way we could analyze, and judge for our selves if what all you say is true.

    Also honestly if you are within .5 % dps of your groups lock, hunter, mage, or rogue on any single target fight then you are just extremely out playing those players who play those classes. But that is a discussion for another thread.

    Well my point is before you make statements like
    If you think elemental damage is doing poorly - it's because you are a bad player who stood in fire, one who knows nothing about simcraft and stat ratios and cant be bothered to find out, or one who doesnt know the fight's mechanics to dps. I find no other reason for you not being able to compete with any other class in cleave and single target fights

    id really like to see logs probing it
    If it is a fight with cleave in melee, the rogue's DPS will suffer.

    If it is a fight with movement, the lock and mage's DPS will suffer.

    The only listed class that is just as capable on the move are hunters.

  6. #26
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by LexZombie13 View Post
    Can they undo all the nerfs they did to elemental through the other patches? >.>
    So you think GC ruled with an iron hand? You don't think he listened to his team?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    NO, I made it up!!! I am not the internet, or am I?! I just think his leaving was very sudden, and not after any project was completed or anything. People get asked to give a letter of resignation all the time.
    I'm pretty sure it was planned and that everyone that needed to know about it at Blizz HQ knew about it way a head of time. And you could say that he just completed a project. He stayed until MoP was finished.

  7. #27
    no one has answered the most important question: did GC take the fax machine with him?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    no one has answered the most important question: did GC take the fax machine with him?
    People still use fax machines?

    Hold on, let me get my pager.

  9. #29
    Banned Bigbamboozal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Posts
    2,076
    I suggest that all threads on GC are created by GC himself posing as the OP of every started thread.
    Not because it's logical, but because it's more fun then knowing we've got nothing better to talk about.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    People still use fax machines?

    Hold on, let me get my pager.
    Pager? what is this, 1993? All the cool cats use a Palm Pilot.

  11. #31
    The Patient Grevie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sabanilla, Costa Rica
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I think Greg Street as asked to leave the company personally... I don't know what he did, but I just have a feeling he screwed up something.
    His feelings are facts... PM him if you want to now about your lives, he got the feeling.... This #lolworld, These days....
    The New World of Warcraft Expansion: "Corgis Unleashed"

  12. #32
    Barring 2-3 fights in SoO, Elemental shamans are in a pretty bad spot..

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Eliandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I think Greg Street as asked to leave the company personally... I don't know what he did, but I just have a feeling he screwed up something.
    Which is why pretty much everyone from the company - including their official accounts is still following him!

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    If it is a fight with cleave in melee, the rogue's DPS will suffer.

    If it is a fight with movement, the lock and mage's DPS will suffer.

    The only listed class that is just as capable on the move are hunters.
    All your answers are very subjective. I was not claiming that ele shaman are in a bad spot because they are not, but the mentioned above classes are clearly further ahead then shamans but they are in deed pures so it makes sense. But the poster claiming that shaman are within .5% dps really has no proof to back that claim.

    You can say that about any MDPS
    You can say that about any RDPS except hunters
    besides any good rdps will find ways to limit how much they have to move.

  15. #35
    Epic! Xisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,607
    This move has probably been planned for months.

    Little tip for the naive who have no idea how the world where you earn things works: When you are in a position of authority like Ghostcrawler was, you don't turn in your two weeks and take off.

    You have to be replaced, and it is courtesy to allow the company time to replace you before you move off. Not everyone follows this rule of course, but it is the standard for these types of positions. You never burn a bridge if you can help it.

  16. #36
    Greg left of his own accord, pursing other careers (I think ESO).

    It's not that he was the leading cause for us not getting buffed, it's just that in the current development team they don't know what they want for us shaman as a design perspective. We'll most likely receive band-aid fixes for the rest of the games life cycle.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I think Greg Street as asked to leave the company personally... I don't know what he did, but I just have a feeling he screwed up something.
    No, he left because he's playing all the parts in the Warcraft movie. Coincidence that GC leaves Blizzard and then right after we're notified that the movie release has been pushed back? No coincidence at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

    "Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

    "Okey dokey!"

  18. #38
    Enhance and ele are both fairly niche dps. Enhance is dope, but falls behind other classes depending on the length of the fight. And ele is just... chain lightning!

  19. #39
    Good/Bad...Who cares. Not one spec in the game would currently stop any guild from progressing towards 14/14hc. Also there were Ele shamans involved in cutting edge progress. Don't see how any of that is bad.

    Let's just hope whoever takes GCs public place will be as open to communication with the community as he was.

  20. #40
    Elemental is a hybrid spec. Havent seen hunters put out 40k HPS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •