Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    So now that ghostcrawler is gone...

    Can they undo all the nerfs they did to elemental through the other patches? >.>

  2. #2
    Yes, because the rest of the team is now unchained!
    Previously GC ruled them all by sitting in a hand crafted throne in one of the conferance rooms (much like the iron throne tbh) where he would either give his team(followers) a nod or a nay to their requests of balancing all classes equally. GC no longer makes ALL the decisions, single handedly.

    I know you werent serious, but had to get this out there

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Sageofthe10paths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vineland, NJ
    Posts
    1,110
    I think Greg Street as asked to leave the company personally... I don't know what he did, but I just have a feeling he screwed up something.

  4. #4
    Banned Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    22,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I think Greg Street as asked to leave the company personally... I don't know what he did, but I just have a feeling he screwed up something.
    Pretty sure that's just stuff the internet made up.

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral Sageofthe10paths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vineland, NJ
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pretty sure that's just stuff the internet made up.
    NO, I made it up!!! I am not the internet, or am I?! I just think his leaving was very sudden, and not after any project was completed or anything. People get asked to give a letter of resignation all the time.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LexZombie13 View Post
    Can they undo all the nerfs they did to elemental through the other patches? >.>
    Elemental is pretty good if you know how to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    You've constructed fantasy bunker that could withstand a multi gigaton nuclear factsplosion.

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    NO, I made it up!!! I am not the internet, or am I?! I just think his leaving was very sudden, and not after any project was completed or anything. People get asked to give a letter of resignation all the time.
    He already sounds like he got another job prepared. That is not suddenly but planned out way ahead of time. I am quite sure everyone at Blizzard knew this months before Blizzcon.

  8. #8
    Banned Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    22,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    He already sounds like he got another job prepared. That is not suddenly but planned out way ahead of time. I am quite sure everyone at Blizzard knew this months before Blizzcon.
    That and Ghostcrawler doesn't strike me as a guy who would just go "I'm leaving gaiz11111 see ya111."

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That and Ghostcrawler doesn't strike me as a guy who would just go "I'm leaving gaiz11111 see ya111."
    Well it is normal in the business for the big guys to change jobs with new opportunities. Same for the guy at Microsoft who also left. They have often planned this out months before it happens, and yet people yell "OMG HE GOT FIRED CUZ HE SUCKED" every damn time.

  10. #10
    bahahahaha elemental being good that is a nice joke there... when enhancement easily blows elemental out of the water without even trying xD

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by LexZombie13 View Post
    Can they undo all the nerfs they did to elemental through the other patches? >.>
    Yes, because one man was directly responsible for every single buff/nerf ever. Please use some common sense, Elemental isn't really that bad anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by LexZombie13 View Post
    bahahahaha elemental being good that is a nice joke there... when enhancement easily blows elemental out of the water without even trying xD
    Elemental performs better than some pure DPS classes/specs. I could also give you a laundry list of heroic SoO fights in which they're horrifically unfriendly to melee, meaning ranged are better.

    Want me to?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    Yes, because the rest of the team is now unchained!
    Previously GC ruled them all by sitting in a hand crafted throne in one of the conferance rooms (much like the iron throne tbh) where he would either give his team(followers) a nod or a nay to their requests of balancing all classes equally. GC no longer makes ALL the decisions, single handedly.

    I know you werent serious, but had to get this out there
    One crab to rule them all.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Elemental is pretty good if you know how to play it.
    Elemental is pretty bad, if your other DPS know how to play...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LexZombie13 View Post
    bahahahaha elemental being good that is a nice joke there... when enhancement easily blows elemental out of the water without even trying xD
    Elemental performs better than some pure DPS classes/specs. I could also give you a laundry list of heroic SoO fights in which they're horrifically unfriendly to melee, meaning ranged are better.

    Want me to?
    range vs melee is a totaly different argument though. when you say that ele performs better than pure on some fights, that may be but they are aoe fights generally. they need to bring ele closer to the pures in terms of single target

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    NO, I made it up!!! I am not the internet, or am I?! I just think his leaving was very sudden, and not after any project was completed or anything. People get asked to give a letter of resignation all the time.
    Actually, the development phase for WoD is essentially done. Everything left is the tweaking. The game is essentially in the conversion of alpha to beta.

    This leave would've been communicated far before Blizzcon; and it was probably agreed upon by himself, Blizzard, and the company he is going to that he had a role to fulfill at Blizzcon and a period of time following that to clear up any questions and loose ties he needed to before moving on.

    They didn't give Xelnath any special treatment when being fired and he had a GREAT standing with the warlock community. They'd release him in a heartbeat and just like others who were dismissed, it would've been clear in phrasing that he was released, not resigned.

    But, your blind hate for the man clouds your judgement. He had a job to do, he did it. He wasn't responsible for all the things people put on his shoulders, but he was a public representative just like the guy before him and the one to come after; and they will 'take it for the team' so to speak. He was never sole designer of the game. He was a supervisor or many teams; but he wasn't 'in charge' the way people think ... he has superiors who tell him what he can and can't do, and what he will and won't do. I think all the haters will see, just like last time; things will continue pretty much the same as they've been; just a new witch to hunt and burn at the stake.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by LexZombie13 View Post
    bahahahaha elemental being good that is a nice joke there... when enhancement easily blows elemental out of the water without even trying xD
    That's the price you pay for having by far the easiest / most braindead and best aoe in the game.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oyeon/advanced - Enhance Shammy.

    KLR Recruiting ! http://www.klr-guild.eu/ 14/14 HC - 25 - World Rank #56

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    Yes, because the rest of the team is now unchained!
    Previously GC ruled them all by sitting in a hand crafted throne in one of the conferance rooms (much like the iron throne tbh) where he would either give his team(followers) a nod or a nay to their requests of balancing all classes equally. GC no longer makes ALL the decisions, single handedly.

    I know you werent serious, but had to get this out there

    Maybe he got an offer he couldn't refuse...

    ONE MILLION DOLLAR!

    Be right back, packing my coffers
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrayder View Post
    range vs melee is a totaly different argument though. when you say that ele performs better than pure on some fights, that may be but they are aoe fights generally. they need to bring ele closer to the pures in terms of single target
    Heroic Dark Shamans. Not really AOE at all, depending on how you do it. Got a warlock and mage for our other casters, and I'm usually ahead/even with them, because movement kills their DPS and doesn't do much to mine.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    NO, I made it up!!! I am not the internet, or am I?! I just think his leaving was very sudden, and not after any project was completed or anything. People get asked to give a letter of resignation all the time.
    Well, he was offered a position that he found tempting by another company. Those don't choose the moment they make you an offer based on where the current/upcoming expansion is at.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    NO, I made it up!!! I am not the internet, or am I?! I just think his leaving was very sudden, and not after any project was completed or anything. People get asked to give a letter of resignation all the time.
    You can't honestly be serious. Just because YOU don't know about Ghostcrawler quitting doesn't mean it was sudden.

    Also, suddenly asking the guy who's been doing a great job with the classes to quit is ridiculous, especially when the mindless QQ pointed in his general direction has dulled off recently.

    On-topic: are you serious? If yes - nerfs and buffs are done with the best interest of the game in mind, which means that the entire team was in on it, and very little will change now that Ghostcrawler is gone, except that we might get someone in charge of talking to people who's not as patient as he was.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •