117 7.71%
  • Very strong chance he left on his own

371 24.46%
  • 100% he left on his own

801 52.80%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Maybe spriests will finally get buffed to proper levels now.
    I doubt the class team is just gonna go wild and buff classes when GC leaves the company.

The ignorance in this thread is astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Metzen, Pardo, and Chilton, were responsible for in game Pandas.
    It just occurred to me that those guys have been completely absent from any Q and A's this time around. Ever since the Pandamonium at Blizzcon 2011 Metzen's been hiding in his panic room as far as Q and As go.

i wish theyd hurry up and fire Metzen TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It just occurred to me that those guys have been completely absent from any Q and A's this time around. Ever since the Pandamonium at Blizzcon 2011 Metzen's been hiding in his panic room as far as Q and As go.
    People forget that those 3 games are the ultimate shotcallers for WoW. Everything gets pinned on Ghostcrawler because he's the guy that's willing to explain Blizzard's decisions and have discussion with the community. It leads to a lot of ignorant people assuming he has more power than he does and not realize that he's simply another member of the team with his own area, no different than Watcher with encounters, Mumper with extra content, Fargo with quests, Valnoth with world/zones, or Holinka with PvP.
    FC: 3067-6604-6289. Steel Safari - Skarmory - Klefki - Ferrorseed

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    Who would you replace him with if it was up to you if this was even a remotely good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

So you are telling me that you have never had to get anything fixed and employer A checked to see what needed to be fixed while employer B did the actual work? Never?
    In this scenario Employer A is GC I guess? So that would make "Employer B" an employee of Employer A? In which case yes but what does that have to do with anything. This would be Employer A telling employee B what to do then Employer C coming in and telling Employee B to something else. All that leaves you with is a confused Employee B.

If A is replaced mid project (Beta) by a new one its going to cause some backlash which is why the timing is off. Better timing would be GC leaving before the new expansion is developed. His finger prints being all over something isn't good if he is no longer there.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You need to be pretty dumb to think that this all happened without a shred of drama.
    Not half as dumb as believing he was fired without anything to support that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

Chilton and Pardo were all over this last Blizzcon. Though I don't recall seeing him in previous ones. Chilton does Q and A's all the time. But yeah Metzen doesn't seem to do much is any Q+A/PR
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    In this scenario Employer A is GC I guess? So that would make "Employer B" an employee of Employer A? In which case yes but what does that have to do with anything. This would be Employer A telling employee B what to do then Employer C coming in and telling Employee B to something else. All that leaves you with is a confused Employee B.

If A is replaced mid project (Beta) by a new one its going to cause some backlash which is why the timing is off. Better timing would be GC leaving before the new expansion is developed. His finger prints being all over something isn't good if he is no longer there.
    Typo, both are employees.

People often start on a project so colleagues can fix it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

People are so naive, why would anyone with half a brain leave that position on their own? The game has lost almost 5 million subs in the last 24-30 months, blizzard had to make changes and they started by firing the lead designer, its that simple...

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    Metzen is wow, they fire the guy and wow goes with him...

Why does any company offer him a job/promotion while he caused WoW to lose millions of sub?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Why does any company offer him a job/promotion while he caused WoW to lose millions of sub?
    Probably because the people running the company that hired him aren't stupid enough to think he actually did that? That's why they, and not you, are making those kinds of decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Why do people keep posting this ignorant drivel instead of reading the thread?

Ghostcrawler wasn't the shotcaller. If anyone is to be blamed for "WoW dying zomg" it should be Chilton and Pardo who are the ones giving the final sign offs on anything. If people insist on blaming someone, then they need to at least point the finger at the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    People are so naive, why would anyone with half a brain leave that position on their own? The game has lost almost 5 million subs in the last 24-30 months, blizzard had to make changes and they started by firing the lead designer, its that simple...

Metzen is wow, they fire the guy and wow goes with him...
    I would gladly leave such a position if it meant I was able to get away from a toxic community that gives rise to ignorant threads such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    I would gladly leave such a position if it meant I was able to get away from a toxic community that gives rise to ignorant threads such as this.
    Except that's not how real life works, for example you simply don't leave a job paying you 150k for a job that will pay 80k...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    One would imagine that they would fire the game director instead if that were the case. And GC is in a place where I'm quite sure that he could entertain a game director position elsewhere with a major studio or for that matter start a new studio of his own to make games. Maybe in your mind no one ever leaves Blizzard without being forced out but people leave and for their own reasons.

I'll ask you the same question I've asked others: Why, if they're so hot to fire him, did they have him on four prominent panels at Blizzcon?
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Options 1 and 5 are dumb because no one knows 100% except for GC.

Very strong chance he was asked to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    One would imagine that they would fire the game director instead if that were the case. And GC is in a place where I'm quite sure that he could entertain a game director position elsewhere with a major studio or for that matter start a new studio of his own to make games. Maybe in your mind no one ever leaves Blizzard without being forced out but people leave and for their own reasons.

I'll ask you the same question I've asked others: Why, if they're so hot to fire him, did they have him on four prominent panels at Blizzcon?
    Not only on just the panels but just overall being at Blizzcon? He was part of discussion not only on the panels but also off the panels and drinking with the community. If he were in that bad of standing at Blizzard, surely they would want him far away from Blizzcon as they wouldn't want him spilling any potential negativity either on stage or when hanging out with the fans.

The guy was generally enthused about his job and his experience there. It definitely didn't give the feel of someone who was leaving on bad terms.

Something like that would never actually happen. GC is a human being and ultimately in the end he's going to do what's best for GC. Knowing this, to prevent industrial sabotage no company in their right mind would hire him directly off of Blizzard's roster without a raise or a promotion. Nor would he be given the power to singlehandedly "destroy" a game franchise.

And there's a good chance he's going to an rpg or mmo type franchise, considering that he was the lead system developer for the most successful MMO ever made. He's obviously not going to get hired to work on a first person shooter or anything like that. And he would also come with knowledge of future ideas that WoW might explore, and future avenues that it might explore with system design, etc. So you can in denial all you want, but this is actually a gigantic kick in the balls for WoW.

And on Blizzard's side they not only have to deal with the abovementioned but now there is going to be a major leadership change. And anybody who has ever worked in a company for long enough to experience leadership changes would know that leadership changes are never easy to deal with.
    Heh, I wasn't being serious. Though I could say why it would appear otherwise considering the content of the rest of this thread.

What I genuinely think is that when the old heads moved back to WoW from Titan there were suddenly too many managers: career advancement halts, control over your team gets divided up, overhead on the project goes up, some petty blaming increases. Suddenly, leaving the company seems best for everyone and a friend at another company has an opening that sounds great.

The cool thing about that situation is it all works out, with no malice from any party, and those who were part of the decision for him to leave will think it happened for different reasons.

The mole theory is way more fun and exciting though.
    now taking suggestions for a new cartoon signature.