Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    Why do people care about this so much, it's probably a small glitch it got out and they use for internal testing or gm training perhaps?
    Because some people are fascinated by the inner workings of things, especially things as big and complicated as World of Warcraft. It's the same reason that glitching to hidden / inaccessible locations (for exploration, not personal gain) has always been so popular.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    They already said they are not doing Vanilla realms..... stop
    You're no fun anymore.

Whilst we're on the subject, if Blizzards argument that there isn't enough of a market for expansion servers held water then surely they wouldn't be being regularly asked to release one?
    Last edited by mmoc4e765b20d3; 2013-11-29 at 11:18 AM.

for some reason u can log the GM servers?? wtf

for those who don't know this is where all the Ingame GMS are i don't know why OP can get in

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    for some reason u can log the GM servers?? wtf

for those who don't know this is where all the Ingame GMS are i don't know why OP can get in
    GMs whom answer your tickets are almost never "in-game" any more, they use a chat interface like IRC and connect directly to the game. GMs only actually log into the client if they need to actually see a issue in person (a boss glitch for example).

Only times I've "seen" a Game Master actually in game are when they've taken over a player's account for fixing things (once with my account to fix a quest bug and once for a guild member).

I also gave a quite plausible explanation a few posts back.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2013-11-29 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Grammar Nazi
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    GMs whom answer your tickets are almost never "in-game" any more, they use a chat interface like IRC and connect directly to the game. GMs only actually log into the client if they need to actually see a issue in person (a boss glitch for example).

Only times I've "seen" a Game Master actually in game are when they've taken over a player's account for fixing things (once with my account to fix a quest bug and once for a guild member).
    no u are wrong they log into the GM server and talk from there this is why u cant see them in /who

15+ Year Old Account
    no u are wrong they log into the GM server and talk from there this is why u cant see them in /who
    No, I am not. You can't see them in /who because they are not logged into any realm most of the time, this has been discussed and explained in the past.

Deleted
    just look up the name of the GM who answered your last ticket in the armory. you will find all his charakters on every server. they are not logging into this gm test realm to handle tickets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    Blizzard actually never said they'd never do classic, TBC etc servers. As for now they're not doing it, and its not on their to do list for the future. Which means they haven't actually said "It's never coming, period" I think. Well I'm hoping someday we'll get to play Classic, TBC and WotLK. Or maybe we wont, only time will tell.
    Actually they did. 2013 BlizzCon. They said a flat out no.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell you what kiddo, just to make you feel like a idiot. Put in a ticket and ask them yourself. They will tell you that they use a chat interface program to chat with you now.

They stopped logging into the game after people started messing with GM island and they updated technology. It is a lot easier to control game master powers if they game masters arent logged into the game.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Vanilla realms confirmed.

Infracted: Please post constructively. [ML]
    An infraction for this? Really? Someone needs to be taken down a peg...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    If Warlords of Dreanor is available to test at Dreamhack, they may have put in a VPN to the Blizzard offices to allow connection to the alpha servers.

If this is the case, any IP-filter flagged realms would also appear to anyone whom logged in with their standard account.
    WoD alpha is playable on Dreamhack, so this is teh likely explanation for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    An infraction for this? Really? Someone needs to be taken down a peg...
    I was just thinking that, seems the mod is being a bit of a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    WoD alpha is playable on Dreamhack, so this is teh likely explanation for this.
    And what is playable? What can you do? What does it look like?
    etc
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Not really no. I usually disagree with all the moderators here (and I hate most of em too) but that infraction was well deserved, it's been said thousand of times that Vanilla servers are never going to happen, sure he was joking because of all the "Half Life 3 Confirmed" crap but it's not funny so just a waste of post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    And what is playable? What can you do? What does it look like?
    etc
    etc
    Same as Blizzcon, start zones only.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Not really no. I usually disagree with all the moderators here (and I hate most of em too) but that infraction was well deserved, it's been said thousand of times that Vanilla servers are never going to happen, sure he was joking because of all the "Half Life 3 Confirmed" crap but it's not funny so just a waste of post.

- - - Updated - - -

Same as Blizzcon, start zones only.
    Hehe thnx!
    Was hoping for something more spectacular

10+ Year Old Account
    google "gm island" to see why you are incorrect. they used to have be in your server to communicate or help you, but you still couldnt see them with /who even then.

but now they have an interface that does not need to be in-game or in any realm to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Well when you keep seeing. "Half Life 3 confirmed" and people using similar phrases instead of actually posting. I'm not surprised.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethieuss View Post
    What's with all the servers having (5.4.1) beside them?

This also might be a visual bug; although an interesting one. Whenever the instance servers are down the max level players can queue for low level dungeons but it won't go through. You can also see instances that aren't available to players in that list when instance servers are down (for restarts/maintenance/etc). This might be that going on.
    That's a huge red flag for me. I think this might be a private server.

If not, then it's PTR. Because Live does NOT have version flags next to their servers. Never.

If this is PTR client, then maybe they're prepping for WoD Beta?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's a huge red flag for me. I think this might be a private server.

If not, then it's PTR. Because Live does NOT have version flags next to their servers. Never.

If this is PTR client, then maybe they're prepping for WoD Beta?
    Look at the image posted on this blue post http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/113...ate-11_20_2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    Look at the image posted on this blue post http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/113...ate-11_20_2013
    Yeah except... the image the OP posted showed servers in 5.4...not 5.3...so you're a little incorrect.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah except... the image the OP posted showed servers in 5.4...not 5.3...so you're a little incorrect.
    That doesn't have anything to do with the fact that GM accounts see version numbers in the realm list and just because there's version numbers in the realm list doesn't mean it's a private server.