Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Lets save the doomsaying for when/if Blizzard announces the store going live in US
    You realize this is the exact same store we have now, just built into the game instead of external. just like they did with tickets.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

OMG Daily Blink.

Tears in my eyes

Never though of GC as the MCP from TRON but I like the reference.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    You realize this is the exact same store we have now, just built into the game instead of external. just like they did with tickets.
    Yeah the problem is that it's INGAME now people can play the game without having the store popup in the face however that may change. It's amazing they got a store in the first place I pay 15 bucks a month for this game and I not have any way to get this damn pets ingame! And even more items getting added check out that icons!!

For PvE variance in performance based on RNG stats is super cool
    This guy can't be for real, just can't.

Also, more milking through the store hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one will be checking for any games he works on, and not buying them. While I liked many of his concepts, his rudeness to paying customers and treatment in particular of feedback to the CRZ threads has made this a well deserved departure. Hopefully the next Dev removes it along with whatever coding errors are left. A seamless Game world > than a non seamless game world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    I for one will be checking for any games he works on, and not buying them. While I liked many of his concepts, his rudeness to paying customers and treatment in particular of feedback to the CRZ threads has made this a well deserved departure. Hopefully the next Dev removes it along with whatever coding errors are left. A seamless Game world > than a non seamless game world.
    I think that's probably too much to hope for. CRZ - as terrible as it is - is most likely here to stay. Connected realms seems like a MUCH better idea.

An in-game prompt for your bnet password is insanely foolish. A massive quantity of inexperienced players will see it once, not quite remember the blue outline bit, and a fake prompt could just leave the "blue outline" part out and they wont even remember.

If Blizzard has our account security in mind they should copy Bank of America or something similar; they have a "sitekey", where any time it asks for my password it displays an icon I previously selected and a phrase I entered. That way, it's obvious it's legitimate because nobody else would have that information. All they would have to do is have you select an icon, there are obviously enough there already, and have an input where you can type your own "security key" or something. Then the prompt simply says "Only enter your information if you recognize your security key below".

Otherwise, this is a disaster waiting to happen. I've dealt with almost every type of phishing/scam/fake form you can think of over years and years of web development and security consultation, and while I understand the idea behind the outline it is NOT enough. For one, I doubt it's impossible to overlay something that looks at least SIMILAR. Two, as I said before, just leave out the "only official blizzard requests will have the blue outline" or whatever it says, and enough players will not remember that it should be there (without the prompt reminding them) to cause an issue.

Seriously, I know it's the PTR and nothing's final, but this is one time where I strongly believe Blizzard will leave this as-is without some sort of explanation as to why it's absolutely the wrong route to take.

Quote Originally Posted by ShobuBlaze View Post
    It's the MCP from Tron.
    idd it is

Good Guy ghostcrawler? He left just as the store makes its debut <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    An in-game prompt for your bnet password is insanely foolish. A massive quantity of inexperienced players will see it once, not quite remember the blue outline bit, and a fake prompt could just leave the "blue outline" part out and they wont even remember.

If Blizzard has our account security in mind they should copy Bank of America or something similar; they have a "sitekey", where any time it asks for my password it displays an icon I previously selected and a phrase I entered. That way, it's obvious it's legitimate because nobody else would have that information. All they would have to do is have you select an icon, there are obviously enough there already, and have an input where you can type your own "security key" or something. Then the prompt simply says "Only enter your information if you recognize your security key below".

Otherwise, this is a disaster waiting to happen. I've dealt with almost every type of phishing/scam/fake form you can think of over years and years of web development and security consultation, and while I understand the idea behind the outline it is NOT enough. For one, I doubt it's impossible to overlay something that looks at least SIMILAR. Two, as I said before, just leave out the "only official blizzard requests will have the blue outline" or whatever it says, and enough players will not remember that it should be there (without the prompt reminding them) to cause an issue.

Seriously, I know it's the PTR and nothing's final, but this is one time where I strongly believe Blizzard will leave this as-is without some sort of explanation as to why it's absolutely the wrong route to take.
    It will be pretty easy to steal wow accaunts now. All you need to do is to make a fake version of dbm and trow a few password programs into it.
    This will send all the info to the hackers and whola = lots of outraged players.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Yeah the best daily blink ever!

"So what for the peoples who spent a fortune on gems an jewel crafting just to have a useless pro now.
    Despite this being a bit beyond the scope of this discussion, we can say that we don’t want to keep a flawed gear design just to ensure revenue for Jewelcrafters. We are, however, considering additional types of things that they could make to offset the need for so many gems."

So basically what you're saying blizz is "Fuck You Jewelcrafters, you'll take what scraps we give you and like it."

Quote Originally Posted by buddah13 View Post
    the wow store is asian territories only
    Why would we test it in english then? Asian regions don't have their own PTR so we have to test it for them or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    "So what for the peoples who spent a fortune on gems an jewel crafting just to have a useless pro now.
    Despite this being a bit beyond the scope of this discussion, we can say that we don’t want to keep a flawed gear design just to ensure revenue for Jewelcrafters. We are, however, considering additional types of things that they could make to offset the need for so many gems."

So basically what you're saying blizz is "Fuck You Jewelcrafters, you'll take what scraps we give you and like it."
    Uh, no, he's saying "We understand that it's a pain for the jewelcrafters to possibly lose a portion of their income and we will do everything we can to compensate for that, but you cannot expect us to balance the game and an entire expansion of changes around one profession and the people that have it wanting to earn more gold with it, especially considering that they are not locked to the profession and can change it at any time."

You're playing a patch and expansion based game. Things change. Frequently. You can't get upset every time a change is not in your favor. I've swapped professions more times than I can count just to min/max, you can swap a profession once at the start of an expansion if you are unhappy with its gold output.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Uh, no, he's saying "We understand that it's a pain for the jewelcrafters to possibly lose a portion of their income and we will do everything we can to compensate for that, but you cannot expect us to balance the game and an entire expansion of changes around one profession and the people that have it wanting to earn more gold with it, especially considering that they are not locked to the profession and can change it at any time."

You're playing a patch and expansion based game. Things change. Frequently. You can't get upset every time a change is not in your favor. I've swapped professions more times than I can count just to min/max, you can swap a profession once at the start of an expansion if you are unhappy with its gold output.
    I agree with this guy so much. Finally a reasonable person on these forums. The 2nd paragraph should be stickied so all people can read it.

Deleted
    OK I clearly (as did several others) thought that secondary stats would be randomly generated.

Now that this is not the case, I am all in on the changes again!

Did we really need all that balance though?

World of Casualcraft inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepiegod View Post
    World of Casualcraft inc.
    Apparently people's definitions of the word "casual" change on a daily basis.