Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 5.4.2 - In-Game Store, Gear Changes in Warlords of Draenor, Black Friday, Comic

Reaper of Souls Highlights: All Class Changes

Beta Key Giveaway, Blue Tweets, Druid Force of Murloc Deck, Hearthstone Team Job Openings

Patch 5.4.2 - In-Game Store
    The latest PTR build updated the new in-game store yet again, making use of more of the category icons by adding pets and mounts to the store. Purchasing anything now requires you to input your Battle.Net password.

Gear Changes in Warlords of Draenor
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I read this all, and I like it, a lot. Good stuff. However, my fear is how this plays out for PvP. For PvE variance in performance based on RNG stats is super cool and creates a sense of non-uniformity, but in PvP you need to be able to expect that class X generally has Y capabilities.
    PvP gear will have more stats to choose from, and less worrying about hit caps! PvP Power will likely still exist to make sure PvP gear is powerful without being more powerful than PvE gear in PvE. Additional PvP changes are beyond the scope of this discussion, but we do want to make sure PvE gear doesn’t outstrip PvP gear for world PvP.

Can I just ask what will happen to Spirit for Shadow Priests, where it is now a go to stat because it gets converted to Hit? With Hit going away, will it convert to something else, or will Spirit now be useless for us.
    Healers will have increased baseline regen on their character, and each point of Spirit will have higher regeneration effects. As mentioned in the last couple paragraphs, Spirit will be useless to DPS specs, so min-maxers will want to get alternate gear for the few slots they have Spirit in.

One more thought on this...please extend this system to crafted gear, not just boss drops.
    Okay!

So what for the peoples who spent a fortune on gems an jewel crafting just to have a useless pro now.
    Despite this being a bit beyond the scope of this discussion, we can say that we don’t want to keep a flawed gear design just to ensure revenue for Jewelcrafters. We are, however, considering additional types of things that they could make to offset the need for so many gems.

I dislike the idea that we're going to have to pray to the RNG gods to get gear to drop, and then pray again that our gear has bonuses. I'm not invested in world first content so it likely wont affect me much, but I can imagine world first guilds getting a little peeved because guild X got extra lucky on their drops and had more tertiary stats which helped them progress faster, while guild Z got mostly normal epic drops.
    Philosophically, having a random element to gear helps to keep loot feeling exciting instead of reducing it to a checklist you just tick off. We understand that too much randomness can be frustrating, which is why we implemented things like the bad luck streak protection on personal loot and bonus rolls. Do note that secondary stats on gear are not random (other than some random suffix items, which are in the minority). The additional qualities (e.g. Warforged, sockets, tertiary stats) are random and are intended to provide gearing with a long tail. Rather than deny you an important item slot like a weapon, we can make sure you get an item in a reasonable amount of time. However, getting the perfect item is not a foregone conclusion and might take a lot of effort and luck.

The only system where this loot style could work is in the personal loot like lfr. I find it hard to believe that you think that this could realistically work in a normal raid group that uses any type of loot system other than rolling.
    LFR will always use personal loot. Normal and Heroic difficulties have the option (raid leader’s call) to use personal loot, or to drop a variable amount of loot based on the number of players. As you add players to a group, the chance of an additional piece of loot dropping will increase until it reaches 100%, at which point there will be a chance for an additional piece beyond that. There should not be any break points at which you are hesitant to add more players. Mythic has a set raid size so will work much as Heroic does today.

Random Player:Will these changes to stats only affect items in Warlords of Draenor, or will older items from, say, Burning Crusade also change?
    At this time, changes to gear are planned for drops in Warlords of Draenor. We are, however, considering modifying Siege of Orgrimmar gear to help players make the levelup process as smooth as possible, but aside from the removal of Hit and Expertise from all gear these changes will not be retroactive.

Random Player:How will these changes affect mastery?
    We may make changes to specific masteries as part of the Warlords of Draenor review, but don’t have any sweeping changes planned.

From Twitter: Nathyiel: What about off-hand/shield?
    They are considered "weapons" for the purposes of these system changes.

Are more tertiary stats being considered than the 5 we've been shown thus far?
    This list we have at this time is not set in stone, but currently includes: Leech (heal on damage dealt), Inspiration (heal on damage received), Cleave (extra damage to additional targets), Sturdiness (reduced durability damage), Speed (movement speed), and Avoidance (reduced area effect damage taken).

Getting gear is fun. We like getting gear and we like the feeling that on any given boss, there should always be something that you would want. What we’re doing with items in Warlords is just an evolution of the Thunderforged version to make it a little more interesting. You’ll probably see more bonus pieces than you did Thunderforged in the past, but getting an item that has all 3 bonuses will be very, very (very!) rare. Remember, you’ll be just fine with the baseline pieces of gear, and most of your character will be made up of this gear. But each and every time you kill a boss, there’s that chance of getting something slightly better.

One of our other goals is to reduce the amount of work an item takes. Currently, the amount of work (math! MATH!) you have to do in order to even put on a piece of gear takes away from the enjoyment of the actual item dropping. We want you to spend more time killing creatures and getting better gear and less time figuring out how that piece that dropped effects specific stat levels (hit, expertise, haste, etc.), what gems you need cut, and what enchant to put on it. We’re not removing all of those choices, but we’re drastically tuning down the amount of required work. Get your boots, put them on, next boss!

Another reason for these item changes are to bring hybrids closer to fulfilling their off-spec role. Part of the fantasy of being a warrior is that you can take the punishment when you need to (tank), or dish it out if you want to (DPS). However, collecting two entirely different sets of gear, plus gemming, enchanting, reforging… it’s all different and it’s just a lot more work. In most cases, it was too big of a barrier for some players to even consider. With these changes, we’re bringing your off spec closer to the performance of your main spec. You won’t have to collect the same Chest set piece twice, or say, get a different set of boots. However, if you want to be optimal, there will still be items to collect.

Question, will the gear's secondary Stats from raids be static when they drop or are they rng and be random generated stats?
    The vast majority of raid gear will continue to to have pre-determined secondary stats, just as it does today. We may still put in a few alternative pieces with randomly-generated stats, much like we did in Throne of Thunder, but those will be rare exceptions.

This extends to other types of content as well. Every once in a while, when there's a compelling reason to, we might let gear randomly roll secondaries. Timeless Isle is a good example of a situation in which that style of gearing makes sense. Again, that's the exception, not the rule. Under normal circumstances, secondary stats will still be pre-determined, not random.

Black Friday Sale List
    We put together a thread with some of the better Black Friday Computer Component sales which will be updated until the end of Cyber Monday sales, if you are looking to grab some more parts or a new monitor, take a look!

Black Friday Sale - Save up to 75%!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Avoid the (zerg) rush at the mall and go digital with your holiday shopping. For a limited time, you can save up to 75% on digital copies of select Blizzard games:

SAVE up to 75% on World of Warcraft

SAVE up to 50% on StarCraft II

All of these digital offers are now fully giftable in the newly revamped Battle.net Shop, making it easier than ever to hook up your friends, family, and zerglings with a new Blizzard game this holiday season.

Sale ends December 2 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

P.S.—Our treasure goblin scouts have also sighted a few special deals on Diablo III for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC/Mac, but only at select retail locations. Check with your local retailer for details and availability.

The Daily Blink - He Fought For The Users
    The Daily Blink made a special comic for Ghostcrawler. Click through to see the full thing, it is too long to include here.

On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.

I like that I wont have to go to Battle.net just to buy mounts and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats Ghostcrawler. You balanced the classes. Congrats <3

What is that thing in the last panel of the comic supposed to be? O_o

Deleted
    Was really interesting that GC played a holy priest.

The MCP from Tron :O

Quote Originally Posted by Lerrielin View Post
    Looks like Zordon from Power Rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The blue screen effect to log into the battle.net part made me think it was a Batman Arkam game for a sec. Looked like the detective mode activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Theyas View Post
    Looks like Zordon from Power Rangers.
    It's the MCP from Tron.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerrielin View Post
    Over the history of the strip, Ghostcrawler was depicted as the MCP, and later his crab claws got added. Started with this strip:

http://www.thedailyblink.com/2011/02...n-the-machine/

I wouldn't be surprised that he left because WoW is about to go down a dark path with this store crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised that he left because WoW is about to go down a dark path with this store crap.
    Really man?

Lets save the doomsaying for when/if Blizzard announces the store going live in US
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Is The Daily Blink hosted on a potato? Damn that site is slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    No, however when MMO-champion links to it, it's traffic increases by probably 50-100x instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    No, however when MMO-champion links to it, it's traffic increases by probably 50-100x instantly.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Yeah, which is why we normally just include the full comic when it isn't too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yeah, which is why we normally just include the full comic when it isn't too long.
    so if you didn't do that it could increase by as much as 9001%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518
    When the strip went on hiatus, I switched to a much less expensive hosting plan since I didn't need all the extra performance. Should have had the foresight to realize a new strip might mean an MMO-C cameo. I went back in to the site config and turned it back up for the next couple days, hopefully that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Are you serious?

the wow store is asian territories only