Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    There's a difference between buying a gift for someone you love to punching , shoving and trampling people to get said gift 0o
    So everyone that shops on Black Friday is reduced to a couple of videos of a group of people "fighting" over one of the thousands of items the had on sale?

And in their "defense", it's the people doing it that caused that shit. You have them standing there for 2 hours, once you say go, there's no stopping them. You can easily avoid that by making a line for different products all around the store, instead of just having a free for all. The Walmart I went to had a line in every isle because there was a different pallet of product on every endcap, if it's done that way, you will seriously have no problem at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are not idiots if they buy what they want at a reduced price.

The problem is that nothing you ever really want is on sale. Me and my family stopped doing black friday many years ago because whenever we went out shopping, nothing we actually wanted was on sale. The two tricks of black friday are to CONVINCE people that they want something that they otherwise wouldn't have, and convincing them to buy cheap crap that has a big "SALE" sign slapped on it.

Black friday can be summed up like this:

Before: $10 purse marked for $200? Meh.

Same purse marked at $400 that's half off for $200? HOLY SHIT OMG MUST BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE TO BUY THIS GREAT DEAL.

The completely sad part is this sounds like it would never work, but it works ALL THE TIME. People are stupid.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Friday works as intended..
    http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...rt_target.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    The completely sad part is this sounds like it would never work, but it works ALL THE TIME. People are stupid.
    of course it works, and yes people are that stupid... I know people who drive 10 miles (20 total back and forth) because they have milk and bread on sale at one store, for like 20 cents less than the store a half mile away...
    They don't count the gas usage, the cars usage, and the time it takes em.. They only see 20 cents "savings"...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    you went to walmart just to get chocolate milk on black friday, what are you 90 years old? You know you could have just went and bought nothing to check out the madhouse. Thats what i always do
    He went to Wal-Mart as opposed to a convenience store because he wanted to check out the madness. He wanted the chocolate milk and figured "might as well go to Wal-Mart so I can see the crazy shit" not "I want to see the crazy shit but I have to justify being there".