So, about Blizzard's Black Friday sale...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Battle Chest is $5 and MoP is $10. But why the fuck aren't the character services discounted? They've gone on sale multiple times before so it's not exactly an alien concept. Pain in my ass!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... Battle Chest is $5 and MoP is $10. But why the fuck aren't the character services discounted? They've gone on sale multiple times before so it's not exactly an alien concept. Pain in my ass!
    Because Blizzard hates you.
    OT: It could be worse, they could just give us no discounts, be happy we get anything at all. I don't get why Black Friday is a thing at all (from the UK), anyone from the US care to enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by ImmSpark View Post
    Not technically impossible.

Deleted
    They'll save that for christmas.

I hope they come up with race changing discount. Really wanna try smth new after 4 years of undead

Because people will pay anyway. It they would triple the prizes, you and the rest would pay. And would be happy. Easy as that.

Blizzard provides, you demand, there is no better business than milking sheep.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Blizzard doesn't give a shit about you if you're already a customer. They want new people, and don't have a problem with letting you know

OT: It could be worse, they could just give us no discounts, be happy we get anything at all. I don't get why Black Friday is a thing at all (from the UK), anyone from the US care to enlighten me?
    i dont know but its coming to uk... everyone was getting their TV's from asda this morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So why its after Thanksgiving I dont know but its just a day to have HUGE sales in prep for Christmas. Mostly electronics and toys are discounted but you will find MANY different types of things. Its a thing because the potential savings are so big that all stores are packed and in many cities you have lines hours(even days with some freaks >.<) before the store opens for the sale.

Yeah. Also, why don't they offer 99% discount on everything? Hell, why aren't they just giving away stuff for free? It's giveaway day anyway. Yesterday, a guy bought me a coffee. Why didn't he buy me two? Questions upon questions!

Black Friday has to do when a business is in the "black" as far as profits go. Usually, heading towards the end of the year, many businesses will find themselves in the red, meaning they've lost money. To compensate, many years ago, several businesses started offering "outrageous" deals for tons of goods, from food to toys to whatever. With them selling off these massive quantities of excess items at lower rates, the businesses found themselves well into the "black", the profit part of finances. This has been a continued tradition and has, for better or worse, spread like wildfire all over and evolved in many ways. Many companies, however, to maximize profitability have begun pushing it beyond Black Friday, some going so far as to begin "Black Friday" during Thanksgiving, when the vast majority of people would rather be home eating and spending time with family and friends. Another issue is that, Americans, in all our usual grace and splendor, will end up trampling others to death, getting into fist fights, and generally acting like rabid baboons in order to get our hands on whatever our greedy little paws can acquire. People will steal from each others' carts even just to get that one special whatever (most likely they don't even need it but still, IT'S ON SALE I MUST HAVE IT). I, personally, despise the day and the ungodly zerg swarms that form because of it that result in such atrocious injuries and deaths.

So, like with every other major event and holiday in the US, it's consumerism. There, enlightened!
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2013-11-29 at 11:05 AM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

How dare they offer sales that don't appeal to you! The nerve of Blizzard not to ask you what you wanted for their Black Friday Sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    Black Friday has to do when a business is in the "black" as far as profits go.
    Isn't it simply because people almost kill each other over useless stuff that they wouldn't even want any other day of the year? That's pretty black

And of course it's so successful, because people have the day after thanksgiving off and it's the one day they all go shopping for Christmas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    Black Friday has to do when a business is in the "black" as far as profits go. Usually, heading towards the end of the year, many businesses will find themselves in the red, meaning they've lost money. To compensate, many years ago, several businesses started offering "outrageous" deals for tons of goods, from food to toys to whatever. With them selling off these massive quantities of excess items at lower rates, the businesses found themselves well into the "black", the profit part of finances. This has been a continued tradition and has, for better or worse, spread like wildfire all over and evolved in many ways. Many companies, however, to maximize profitability have begun pushing it beyond Black Friday, some going so far as to begin "Black Friday" during Thanksgiving, when the vast majority of people would rather be home eating and spending time with family and friends. Another issue is that, Americans, in all our usual grace and splendor, will end up trampling others to death, getting into fist fights, and generally acting like rabid baboons in order to get our hands on whatever our greedy little paws can acquire. People will steal from each others' carts even just to get that one special whatever (most likely they don't even need it but still, IT'S ON SALE I MUST HAVE IT). I, personally, despise the day and the ungodly zerg swarms that form because of it that result in such atrocious injuries and deaths.

So, like with every other major event and holiday in the US, it's consumerism. There, enlightened!
    Lol, that's a completely awesome description

Sounds terrifying tbh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Isn't it simply because people almost kill each other over useless stuff that they wouldn't even want any other day of the year? That's pretty black
    Ooooh....

"Dark" would probably have been a better term.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Since I already own the WoW products, I picked up SC2 instead, just for the campaign. Well worth it so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    They want new customers.
    I advise you write them an email explaining how much they suck at product marketing strategy, I'm sure they won't laugh too loud.

Because they don't want server populations to get fucked over even harder by people converging on big realms with the use of cheap transfer services? I know it will happen, and so do you.