Poll: What do you control?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I didn't think this poll through well enough. To someone else, I'm asking them to look at the way they live and this could be considered offensive if they don't like the answer they see. It's just a theory of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    The poll options are a bit too vague how they're meant, are you taking only human behavior or, since it's two words, are you talking about both human and pet?

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    a pet that isn't contained to a cage or tank.
    I dunno, owners still have to frequently put their hands in there... caged/tank pets do sometimes bite and depending on what it is might be even more prone to bite than an uncaged animal given the smaller territory is has to protect if it's a territorial species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    And why are humans animal-like in this?
    Because, whether you care to admit it or not, humans are, indeed, animals.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    The poll options are a bit too vague how they're meant, are you taking only human behavior or, since it's two words, are you talking about both human and pet?

I dunno, owners still have to frequently put their hands in there... caged/tank pets do sometimes bite and depending on what it is might be even more prone to bite than an uncaged animal given the smaller territory is has to protect if it's a territorial species.
    Too vague and it was suppose to be only the human behavior, the pets actions being a direct reflection of the humans actions. Yet someone will still feel they control an animal when it pulls them while walking or takes food from you without being directed to. It would still be under a form of control but not really what I was looking for. I wanted to see a contrast between those with pets who respond to orders and those where the pet does while the human responds and relate that to who avoids conflict and who embraces conflict.

It's in my opinion trained animals that see the human as the pact leader are also the humans that refuse to be walked over. in the same respect, those who let an animal be the pack leader are the same people who avoid conflict.

Just what I see and some animal journal I was reading a long time ago. South Park with Cartman being trained by the dog whisperer triggered the idea again.

Last edited by God8010; 2013-11-29 at 09:53 PM.

i don't "control" my puppy. she loves to play and i let her. when i pour food into her bowl, she already knows. if she's hungry or wants to play, she comes to me and let's me know. i suppose this puts me into the "pity" section of the pole. i don't like conflict and never have. it puts me into a bad mood all day if i have an argument with anyone. i like to be happy, so i avoid conflict as much as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Too vague and it was suppose to be only the human behavior, the pets actions being a direct reflection of the humans actions. Yet someone will still feel they control an animal when it pulls them while walking or takes food from you without being directed to. It would still be under a form of control but not really what I was looking for. I wanted to see a contrast between those with pets who respond to orders and those where the pet does while the human responds and relate that to who avoids conflict and who embraces conflict.

It's in my opinion trained animals that see the human as the pact leader are also the humans that refuses to be walked over. in the same respect, those who let an animal be the pack leader are the same people who avoid conflict.

Just what I see and some animal journal I was reading a lot time ago. South Park with Cartman being trained by the dog whisperer triggered the idea again.

[video=youtube;Rx_lTgUSyB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_lTgUSyB4/video]
    You know that dogs are social animals most animals are not.
    Tsst.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i don't "control" my puppy. she loves to play and i let her. when i pour food into her bowl, she already knows. if she's hungry or wants to play, she comes to me and let's me know. i suppose this puts me into the "pity" section of the pole. i don't like conflict and never have. it puts me into a bad mood all day if i have an argument with anyone. i like to be happy, so i avoid conflict as much as possible.
    Make sure it knows that you are dominant or you will annoy other people. Its not the responsibility of the animal.

Don't give it attention for bad behaviour and do the training right on the spot when the bad behaviour occured.
    Firm strict voice not playfull or begging when you want something.

Laying outside in the grass once in a while some annoying dog pesters me aka threatens me.
    The owner usually begs the dog to come instead of commanding in a firm voice and going away and gives it attention thats reenforcing this protective behaviour.
    I have no choice and stand up then and give the owner a shit talk because they can't control their fucking animal that i could kill with a kick.

A friend of mine had dogs they pestered you while eating begging and begging and begging.
    Why? Well because they couldn't stay strong and fed them pasta frome the table regularly -,-
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-11-29 at 09:58 PM.