Need a budget laptop, suggestions?

Hi all,

My desktop is only ~2 years old, and will probably only get a GPU upgrade this Black Friday/Cyber Monday. However, I am in the market for a new laptop, since my current Sony VAIO laptop is falling apart after ~8 years of service.

I'm looking for this notebook mainly for school, as I'm studying computer science and typically prefer to take notes in my programming class on a laptop.

I don't mind a refurbished or scratch-and-dent laptop, as long as it's decent and will last me a few years. My budget is around $400. I've always been an intel fan, so I want an i5 (no i7's will fit in my budget.) I don't care about graphics card, as I probably won't be doing much gaming on this laptop, so integrated graphics is fine.

I will likely dual boot windows and ubuntu, with most of my time spent on the linux boot.

Here are a few I have been looking at on newegg:

ASUS K55A-RHI5N13 Intel Core i5 3210M(2.50GHz) 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 15.6" Notebook, B Grade, Scratch and Dent Windows 8 64-bit

and

ASUS Q500A-BSI5N04-B Intel Core i5 3230M(2.60GHz) 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 15.6" Notebook, Grade B Scratch and Dent Windows 8 64-Bit

I don't think there's much difference between the 3210M and the 3230M, but the 3230M has DDR-1600 support.

Any comments, suggestions, warnings?

Would it be better to wait until Cyber Monday to make a purchase instead of Black Friday?

Acer and hp delivers!