Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

It's subjective. /thread

If you hate on old WoW cause you're a drone to the corporation stop embarrassing yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJtI...3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

grow a pair seriously rose-tinbted goggles and all that BS is all made up and there's no facts to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Playing in a private server that's 100% TBC progress and scripted. Loving it just as much as I did the first time...only thing missing is my old friends, but here I made new ones pretty fast.

So sad people can't think for themselves and jump on the nostalgia bandwagon.
    I am thinking for myself, thank you very much. I played through BC and I would not want to go back there.

What the hell are those squares? I like triangles, I do not agree.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

- PvE(quest & World): Disagree, why are cata and mop so low there is no way that bc quests were 4 times better then mop. I personally think WotLK was the worst for questing

- PvE(Dungeons & Raids): Disagree, again BC was not twice as good as every other xpac

- PvP: Disagree, Nothing has really changed in PvP since wrath so why does the rank drop massively, if anything Ranked BGs were a great addition

- Community: 100% agree community has been devolving since release

- Music & Art, Story & Setting: Agreed

- Class Design: Agree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post

Something like that, imo.

Let's keep in mind, I almost never PvP. The reason it's gotten 'better' is due to more features and balance, imo.

pvp should be 0 on every expansion, its always terrible.

but i agree with where your graph is going, except for community. imo everything improves every expansion apart from community, but thats really out of blizzards hands. i don't really think its got worse by that much, but it certainly hasn't improved.

and on class design, im a bit iffy on this one, while the classes are now more balanced than they have ever been, its come at the cost of class uniqueness, they are more homogenized than ever before, which i don't really like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    I am thinking for myself, thank you very much. I played through BC and I would not want to go back there.

i've tried plaing on tbc / vanilla realms, i never last long though, 30mins on them and theres lots from the game now that i miss. i avoid going on them now or it will ruin the good memories i have from playing them..

No, not at all.

Literally not even close.

Community in Cata and MoP too high

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh, somewhat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Rather than attack and degrade with labels, how about you read the post and bring up constructive points as to why my subjective opinion could possibly be wrong? The former is so much easier though.
    Play a private scripted Vanilla server and I won't have to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    One person with too much time on their hands created a visual opinion based entirely on how they view WoW, can't really agree with any of it.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Seems like personal opinion from one person who most likely didnt even play vanilla/tbc.

Do not agree with any of it besides music/art and pvp.

Lol no. Raiding was great this xpac.

Vanilla raiding getting an 8/10. 7 points of nostalgia and 1 for the quality?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    I just spat out my morning coffee.

Class design is stronger in Classic and TBC? Really?

Because destro-sac warlocks are the epitome of class design.

Are you?

The amount of storytelling and the story's quality have dramatically shot up since the beginning of Wrath. Cata was a bit of a dip, but Mists has done an outstanding job with providing new, interesting lore, and a focused story arc for the expansion.
    Story telling quality isn't the same as story content quality. Cataclysm and MoP have both had far better story telling than any of the older expansions. That doesn't mean they were interesting enough for it to matter. BC and WotLK had far better stories, even if they weren't presented as well.

Anyway, I agree and disagree with different points of that chart, and it's always going to come down to personal opinion and bias. I'd have MoP lowest in basically everything probably, and BC and WotLK top in nearly everything, with Vanilla and Cataclysm falling in between.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a whole I don't agree with it, but there are some parts that I do.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, and if you disagree with it that is entirely your right. However I won't waste time/energy defending my opinions to you or anyone, because for as much as you might disagree with my opinion I couldn't care less about yours.

Class Design
    Really has always been the same. Trying to claim 1 expansion is different from another is just stupid. Vanilla had the worst class design. They took time to refine the classes, so the first few expansions as far as class design should be lower. Even if this picture means class balance and not design, then I would still put vanilla at the bottom, and build upwards from there.

PvE Quests & World
    This one is mixed as well. The world in Vanilla - WotLK was better, but questing got better after that.

PvP
    I only PvPed in Vanilla and MoP, so I couldn't say either way. I would say that it was more fun back in Vanilla, but more balanced now.

Community
    It kind of amazes me that so many people don't see how bad the community in the game has become. I don't mean like Bad as in bitchy assholes (well that too I guess) but bad as in 0 interactions. Honestly I don't think that I have said a single damn word to ANYONE in game outside of my guild since WotLK, or if I have it was because they pissed me off in some way. Nor has anyone really said a word to me. Even running dungeons/LFR no one really says anything to eachother unless someone is fucking up.

Music & Art / Story & Setting
    Music has always been awesome,

Art has never really been great or terrible,

Story has gotten better as far as focus goes but at the same time it has been hit and miss. I would say for STORYTELLING it would be MoP>WotLK>TBC>Cata>Vanilla, as far as what I personally found interesting it would be Vanilla>WotLK>BC>MoP>Cata

Setting has become more thematic with every expansion, that would be personal preference. Mine would be Vanilla>BC>WotLK>Cata>MoP. Pre-Cataclysm I always loved the hodgepodge nature of the zones, they were almost all their own separate stories that continued from WC3 and lore rather than focused on one specific thing.

PvE Dungeons & Raids
    I would agree with the picture, but WotLK would be higher. They weren't hard really, but they were still fun. Currently they are still not hard, but not very much fun either.

We all have our own opinions but I personally think that raids have mainly gotten better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with most of that image, mostly the PvE rankings.

How did Classic quests and world get twice as many blocks as Cata when Cata basically fixed everything that was wrong with Classic's quests? I consider Cata the worst expansion, but the Shattering was one of the best changes to WoW. Questing and World is one of the things that has steadily improved from one expansion to the next.

Dungeons and Raids have been fairy even throughout for me. I suppose it depends on what criteria you use to rank them. Number of bosses? Raid size? Complexity of boss mechanics? Non-linear boss order?

No, espeically no @ the class design part. Do you know what rotations were in BC/Classic? FIREBALLFIREBALLFIREBALL, SHADOWBOLTSHADOWBOLTSHADOWBOLT, STEADYSHOTSTEADYSHOTSTEADYSHOT.

lol
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't. Its a fan using a graph to show his whining about personal feelings for the game.

Class design better in vanilla then in cata or mists? what garbage
    Questing better in tbc and vanilla then cata or mists? bullcrap.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    No, espeically no @ the class design part. Do you know what rotations were in BC/Classic? FIREBALLFIREBALLFIREBALL, SHADOWBOLTSHADOWBOLTSHADOWBOLT, STEADYSHOTSTEADYSHOTSTEADYSHOT.

lol

i raided Kara on my moonkin in early tbc, wrath bound to 1, starfire to 2, really fun!