Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Again, rose tinted glasses strike again. Who even makes these pictures, people who run LFR and 2s all the time?

Not even close. Rose coloured glasses.

Yeah….no.

Class design from vanilla - bc was shit. Paladin, druid = healing. No dps, no tanking. Warrior = tank. What you want to come to Sunwell? Dude you're a feral druid, no!

PvP in vanilla? Seriously? It came from the community, not the pvp. PvP was horrible.

Music, art, story, and setting in Cata was complete shit. Nothing made sense, the villains were crap, and nobody cared about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, can't agree on that picture at all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted

No PVP, because I don't feel competent judging it, never got serious with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly disagree with a lot in that picture.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Tell me again how Vanilla and BC had a good story. Please. The expansion with the most artistic detail was Cata, surprisingly enough. I'd be prone to agree with the original image lol.
    Wasn't really the story, it was the world and art design. The story was non-existent in vanilla and very sparse and jumbled in BC. It was the world that made vanilla so great.

Deleted

Fixed it for you

Swap TBC with MoP, and WoTLK with Vanilla and I would completely agree

EDIT: Also I'm sorry but TBC had no community. If you were part of the "in crowd" yeah, sure... but if you weren't a part of the in crowd all you could do was run around gathering peacebloom and running battlegrounds.

looking at the class design score of vanilla in those pictures made me smile irl; clearly those are based on forum rose tinted glass opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

MOP was void and farce. But I'm glad it served a purpose of taking a trash dev out.

Deleted
    Heck no. MoP was better in almost every way compared to the previous expansions, imo. The only thing I can agree with is the decline of server communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    Heck no. MoP was better in almost every way compared to the previous expansions, imo. The only thing I can agree with is the decline of server communities.
    In my personal opinion the raids were better in BC and the story was better in WOTLK than MoP and Crapaclysm.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastig View Post
    Well i agree with what u say, i just meant the baseline story of the Horde and the alliance discovering a hidden land in the mists filled with pandabears doesnt really appeal to me
    You haven't played this expansion one single bit have you?

OT: Yeah don't agree with pretty much most of it, and the creator of this chart didn't play Vanilla/TBC at all.

Some of them yes, ...others...well...

Vanilla didn't have the storytelling of WOTLK.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/JYJM9LS.jpg (big pic)

a fan's take on the state of the key aspects of the game from then til now. Would you say its accurate?

Dunno who did this.

But that image is pretty accurate.

This lines up with my impression of the game.

Deleted
    Nope. In Cataclysm they added Rated BG's and returned pvp titles which i think is huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, probably one of the most biased images I've ever seen. Clearly a Vanilla/TBC were the best point of view where nostalgia completely takes over. Don't get me wrong, the community and stuff I will agree with, but class design and raids better? Yeah right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/JYJM9LS.jpg (big pic)

a fan's take on the state of the key aspects of the game from then til now. Would you say its accurate?
    I'd say Wrath is a little off, and needs to have more points in the PVE areas, however for Mists and Cataclysm especially I think it's accurate.