Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
LastLast
  1. #361
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,355
    You can tell those are complete bull poop as they gave vanilla quests (go kill 10 tigers, then another 10 slightly stronger tigers then another 10 even stronger tiger then go kill a normal named mob then repeat for raptors and panthers) higher than cata and mop combined... cata and mop have been many things but the questing has improved 100 fold since vanilla.

    Obviously just some QQ wow is dieing rubbish like usual.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You can tell those are complete bull poop as they gave vanilla quests (go kill 10 tigers, then another 10 slightly stronger tigers then another 10 even stronger tiger then go kill a normal named mob then repeat for raptors and panthers) higher than cata and mop combined... cata and mop have been many things but the questing has improved 100 fold since vanilla.

    Obviously just some QQ wow is dieing rubbish like usual.
    lol these quests have always been around and still are. There's only so much you can do with kill quests and those were just nessingwary garbage you saw repeated in multiple expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  3. #363
    Am I doing it rite guise?


  4. #364
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,355
    Am I doing it rite guise?
    See, that's a more accurate representation of wows life.

  5. #365
    Dreadlord Cebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    953
    Not at all. It says PVE and raiding is equal to Cataclysm. That by itself makes this image a fucking joke.

  6. #366
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Ahahahaha, class design better in tbc and vanilla than MoP? Any arguments? Because that's just pure nonsense. Yeah because class being good only at 1 thing (warriors - tanks, druids - healers etc. etc.) is totally an example of good class design. It's not. even. close. The only one I agree with is "community". The rest is utter bullshit.
    If you call every ranged being able to DoT , every class being able to AoE, every class basicly being THE SAME CLASS great design I don't even know what to say anymore. Homonization is bad class design, not good. Also, doing away with rotations and make every single class a proc-based spec is also worth -1000 points.

  7. #367
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,253
    The only one I would fully agree on is the community part. It is pretty much gone in comparrison to vanilla WoW for instance. But then again, the game is completely different and has had both good and bad changes over the years.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    Am I doing it rite guise?
    You are indeed hahahahahahahaa

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    If you call every ranged being able to DoT , every class being able to AoE, every class basicly being THE SAME CLASS great design I don't even know what to say anymore. Homonization is bad class design, not good. Also, doing away with rotations and make every single class a proc-based spec is also worth -1000 points.
    I agree with what you're saying in general, but every DPS spec being proc-based and homogenized is still better than every DPS rotation being 1-2 buttons. That's not even mentioning how terrible the pidgeon-holing was in vanilla with tank and healer classes. You literally could not play about half the specs in the game. That number has dwindled to like 2 in the current game. Sorry, Sub Rogues and MM Hunters.

  10. #370
    Lol. He must love "kill 10 bears" quests.

    Music and story equal except Cataclysm's ahead? Just no. So much no.

    Class design was best in Vanilla? Yeah, I just loved how the majority perception was that if you're a druid/paladin/priest/shaman shut up and heal.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    If you call every ranged being able to DoT , every class being able to AoE, every class basicly being THE SAME CLASS great design I don't even know what to say anymore. Homonization is bad class design, not good. Also, doing away with rotations and make every single class a proc-based spec is also worth -1000 points.
    First of, how does your point system work?

    Most classes have procs because it's more fun to have something to do rather than having a 1-1-1-2-3-1-1-1-2-3-1-1-1-2-3 rotation that you in the end know in your sleep. I guess we can disagree on that.
    About all classes being the same, I don't really know how to react to that. True, they given all classes AoE because it seemed silly that if there was an AoE heavy bossfight you could be screwed because your raid comp only had 1-2 classes with AoE, but I guess you would be cool with being stuck on a certain fight because only the mage in your 10 man group was allowed to have AoE damage.
    I guess the fact that all classes are viable is a sign of homogenization, but every class being the same, really? I would argue that the classes are more diverse than ever with different resources to manage. But I guess in Vanilla it was a bit easier to differentiate, Rogues were very different because they were the only class using combo points (What about feral druids one might say, and then you would laugh and laugh, because obviously feral druids were not a real class).

  12. #372
    Wat.

    How does class design get worse from vanilla & BC? Shouldnt it be the other way around since nearly all classes got more in-depth work done, some got revamped a few times, nearly everyone has new flashy abilities, and are overall pretty well-balanced now?...

    OT: No, I dont agree with this at all, nearly all of it sounds like biased opinion. Questing was awesome in MoP it just didnt have much replay value with alts (it got dull fast, especially VotFW, IMO) and I would defintely argue that the community presence is much better in MoP than it was in Cata, especially pre-lfr. The only thing I'd agree with is the low community presence being in Cata.
    Last edited by MagicBanana; 2013-12-01 at 11:45 PM.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

    -Bob Marley

  13. #373
    So class design was at it's best when warriors were the only viable tank and hybrids could only viably heal?

    The community was it's best when raids were a blob of people who I didn't know?

    PVE was at it's best when it was unaccesable by the masses AND hand simple and boring mechanics and one or two button rotations?

    The quests were best when it was a huge grind that periodically had you travel for 40 minutes to complete a quest? No interesting vehicles or fun story lines, just kill 20 bandits and then kill 20 bandit captains?

    PVP was at it's best when it was a clusterfuck? Gear and rank was earned by killing blows and being boosted by your team? Getting one shot by windfury procs or a beefed up rogue?

    This is stupid. The person who made it is stupid. I feel like you just leveled my stupid from having me look at it. Great, I'm journeyman in stupid. Thanks.

    *I think engineering should be able to create "Nostalgia Glasses." They will be rose colored. They will look nice on my troll mage.
    Last edited by Orcbert; 2013-12-01 at 11:53 PM.
    Is this where the header goes?

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    Goddamn those nostalgia glasses be pink!
    Man that sunk costs fallacy has got you by the short hairs.
    pre-ordering recommendations: from all over the place

  15. #375
    I agree with the community part but the rest is debatable.

  16. #376
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,594
    He's basically just saying TBC was the best and it went downhill from there. How can anyone say that quests got worse and worse?

  17. #377
    Mechagnome Rifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    558
    This is a picture which indicates a subjective opinion on several aspects of each expansion with colored blocks.

    I disagree completely and wonder what the purpose of putting an opinion into this form was. It would have been easier just to throw another 'Wow was great, but now it sucks' thread up. This picture proves nothing, changes nothing and just presents the 'omg wow sucks now' opinion in a different way. It's still the same opinion.

    It's a nicely done picture though. Nice spacing. 8/10 for the pic alone.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    If you call every ranged being able to DoT
    The ability to dot doesn't mean every ranged spec is a dot spec. Beast Mastery, hardly a dot spec (SS is much more important in SV). Destruction, same, its all about burst. Even Moonkin and Shadow have a lot of burst instead of multidot. They can completely ignore dots if needed although Moonkin's AoE is weak. The only true dot spec in my eyes is Affliction with the notion they can do some AoE cleave with SoC its just not strong compared to say Shadow or Destruction. Multidot itself is less important and strong now than before (in say Cata).

    every class being able to AoE
    Which is not true in the sense that every AoE is viable everywhere. Viable is a relative term in this context; we're not talking about Moonkin or Shadow in Vanilla where whole specs were completely useless (like MM for hunter this entire expansion) but you still do not bring a Rogue or Moonkin for the amazing AoE.

    every class basicly being THE SAME CLASS great design I don't even know what to say anymore.
    I don't know what to say either, cause you're talking our of your arse. Not every class is the same; classes have gained features from each other leading to more homogenization. There is no such thing as absolute homogenization because that means all classes are exactly the same.

    Homonization is bad class design, not good.
    I suppose you meant homogenization there. Too much is bad, yes. Too little means bring the class not the player. Now one could argue its gone too far, but I will argue vanilla was also too far. So vanilla can never be best with MoP being worst unless you want to have bring the class not the player and do ridiculous things like stacking a certain class like shamans on Muru for bloodlust or warlocks in ToT cause they always did more DPS than any other class no matter the fight.

    Also, doing away with rotations
    Which is not true. Spamming the same spell all he time such as fireball or that is not rotation. In Cata all classes got a revamp in such a way that certain faceroll rotations (and ways to macro it) were removed. Ret in WotLK used a 1 button macro to DPS. Prot pala used 2. Druid tank, could use 1 which was quite sophisticated and achieved 95% of the TPS of manually doing the rotation.

    and make every single class a proc-based spec is also worth -1000 points.
    Which is not true. The class/spec I main (Shadow) has by default no procs at all. We have to spec for it (we can go from 0 to 2 but it isn't viable during multidot and there are generally better solutions than taking both). Some bright souls on the Priest forums wish we had 1 or even both talents baseline and I disagree for the same reason you find classes too alike.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  19. #379
    The PvP ratings are about as far off as you can get.

  20. #380
    Completely wrong. Music and setting were amazing in earlier expansions, but nothing done in the last two has been vaguely memorable. I always catch myself listening to the Black Temple, Karzhan and Icecrown themes. Also, class design started poorly, then got better with successive patches as seen by the fact that every spec can be played to a level of success in PvE and PvP, while in earlier expansion if you were a priest/druid/shaman/paladin, you were a healer or you did not raid, etc.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •