Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The community bit is spot on. The game is becoming more single player focused with every expansion.

Nope, absolutely terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Disagree a lot with it, but as a lot pointed out, it's just one persons oppinion.
    I like how he think it was better class design that i would almost always come out victorious again 3 players as warlock. Endless, almost unbreakable fear etc.

lol at community getting 0 in current expansion. Hasn't changed at all. We just see people we never see again now. Doesn't make people in itself worse. They always was like that. Just hope that they get the servers connected enough that we will only get into lfd/lfr with people from our connected realm. Should improve it a lot.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Disagree too.
    Class Design ? Within Classic ever Class hat one role usable for raids, within TBC you "could" raid with every specc. Still every Class had its own special things.
    maybe the creator hated horde got paladins and alliance ...

Wotlk & ClassDesign ? Has there been a Change? I could only remeber to very litle changes, not a real big chance.
    With Cata the whole healing system god changed but within your grafic both have 2 points on class design? Well... not my option.

PVE and Quests.... Yes the Quest within mop was awfull to me but I your grafic says cata had more quest than mop? Have the creator even started mop?
    Music & Art Wotlk and MoP ? Well as far as I know there has no new music added so why have both the same count of points?

well that can't be. if you sum all points together maybe its right but the details can't be.
    At least not without any information what the creator counts to which point

Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    I just spat out my morning coffee.

Class design is stronger in Classic and TBC? Really?

Because destro-sac warlocks are the epitome of class design.

Are you?

The amount of storytelling and the story's quality have dramatically shot up since the beginning of Wrath. Cata was a bit of a dip, but Mists has done an outstanding job with providing new, interesting lore, and a focused story arc for the expansion.
    It's all subjective, really. While some aspects of the story are nice, I honestly think the overall story was shit. Because of pandas. Would you be able to savor the world's most delicious cake had it been transported in a box that previously stored feces? I miss wow, but then again I watch some streamers play from time to time and I'm constantly reminded of those fat tubs of lard and the fact they were nothing but a joke. /personal.opinion

Oh look, another "Vanilla/BC were the best"

Clearly this person didn't play either of those games.
    I recently unsubbed and went over to a vanilla private server. Even though it wasn't perfect, Vanilla is still a much more enjoyable experience imo.

I agree with the community score.
    ..:: Lvl 90's: 56 ::..

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I recently unsubbed and went over to a vanilla private server. Even though it wasn't perfect, Vanilla is still a much more enjoyable experience imo.
    How? Why would you think that? Not saying that in a condescending way, genuinely asking.

How? Why would you think that? Not saying that in a condescending way, genuinely asking.
    The scale of the world, the difficulty, the feeling of knowing that everyone in your Naxx raid is pulling their own weight and not afk'ing. Sure there are some issues with classes and things aren't as polished as they are in MoP, but overall the community is great and you cant roflstomp anything without 39 other people.

EDIT: Almost forgot the rewarding feeling when you defeat some of the most legendary and hardest bosses ever (Talking about Naxx here).

Vanilla is an MMO. MoP is a singleplayer game with a small multiplayer component.

Looks like whoever made this probably isn't the best player and couldn't keep up in pve/pvp over the years.

You can't really put community in there, because I would argue the Internet community in general has become more toxic in the last 9 years. Couple that with the anonymity afforded by LFR, LFD, etc and it's even worse.

I don't quite get why Vanilla/TBC gets put on a pedastal. I enjoyed TBC more than any expac, but I attribute it to my guild more than anything. Objectively it wasn't that much better. I liked difficult heroics, the atunement model, and the raids, but honestly it wasn't that great otherwise.

Anyone who rates class design in vanilla higher than zero didn't play back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apfel View Post
    Music & Art Wotlk and MoP ? Well as far as I know there has no new music added
    Maybe you should turn sound on while playing.

I agree somewhat, but vanilla class design was the fucking worst.

Seems like some people don't really understand how a community works do they?

If you put in just a tiiiny bit of effort you can be part of a great community regardless of how others think there's a lack of any... shame most aint willing to do shit other than complain about how everything isn't what it used to be. It's your own fault!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Oh look, another rose tinted glasses view of the game over the years.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I don't really agree with the PVP. PVP has always been the same. OP classes here or there, nothing new in any game. The only change might be world PVP, which was never really a bit thing. The only real world PVP was at summoning stones (I don't count Wintersgrasp or Tol'Barad).

That's just my opinion, as others have stated, people play these games for different reasons and find joy in different things.

Absolutely. The sucks now

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    The scale of the world, the difficulty, the feeling of knowing that everyone in your Naxx raid is pulling their own weight and not afk'ing. Sure there are some issues with classes and things aren't as polished as they are in MoP, but overall the community is great and you cant roflstomp anything without 39 other people.

EDIT: Almost forgot the rewarding feeling when you defeat some of the most legendary and hardest bosses ever (Talking about Naxx here).

Vanilla is an MMO. MoP is a singleplayer game with a small multiplayer component.
    The world seemed more epic and big back then. But please, the whole "the game was harder" I really don't understand that, granted it was harder to organize the 40 man raids, because 40 people is tricky.
    But this isn't the MMO "Weddingplanner", looking at all vanilla fights (first(ish) kills) you see people being borderline afk, insanely simple mechanics (which are made harder only by the fact that you need 30-40 people that actually didn't go afk midfights) and having only 1-3 spells / abilities you need to worry about.

Makes me wonder when the last time you seriously raided was? I ask this because I never raided the hard stuff in Vanilla, I only did MC and BWL and some of AQ as they were released (Almost didn't raid in TBC) and I was quite content just jumping around and doing basically nothing. But I know, looking back, how very little I actually knew about actual mechanics.
    However in WotLK I joined a guild that during Vanilla and TBC were amongst the better guilds on our server (Unsure as to whether or not they cleared Naxx, but they had a fair few bosses downed in there) I was quite intimidated by these players who were idolized due to their gear, but quickly realised, none of them were very good players, they knew not to stand in fire, but the increasingly complex rotations that were on the rise were apparently too much for them to handle.
    I was, despite a small lack of gear being on top of dps meters almost right away as I joined. I am telling you this because a lot of these players claimed and to this day claim that the game back then was in fact harder, despite the fact that even in Wotlk (Ulduar) their skillset was already starting to show gaps.

So I would ofc appreciate an in-depth explanation as to why the game back then was indeed harder

About the only thing I agree with on that whole page is the zero "blocks" for the community now. It used to be you would have to care about your reputation on Your server or no guilds would have you, now you can behave however poorly you want and just change names/race/faction/server or lfd/lfr lol....

Classes were better made back then? Are you shitting me? Two words represent Vanilla's fucking unbalanced classes: Shadow Priest. And don't even get me started on the the story.