Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Looks like whoever made this probably isn't the best player and couldn't keep up in pve/pvp over the years.

You can't really put community in there, because I would argue the Internet community in general has become more toxic in the last 9 years. Couple that with the anonymity afforded by LFR, LFD, etc and it's even worse.

I don't quite get why Vanilla/TBC gets put on a pedastal. I enjoyed TBC more than any expac, but I attribute it to my guild more than anything. Objectively it wasn't that much better. I liked difficult heroics, the atunement model, and the raids, but honestly it wasn't that great otherwise.

Deleted
    Anyone who rates class design in vanilla higher than zero didn't play back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apfel View Post
    Music & Art Wotlk and MoP ? Well as far as I know there has no new music added
    Maybe you should turn sound on while playing.

Deleted
    I agree somewhat, but vanilla class design was the fucking worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like some people don't really understand how a community works do they?

If you put in just a tiiiny bit of effort you can be part of a great community regardless of how others think there's a lack of any... shame most aint willing to do shit other than complain about how everything isn't what it used to be. It's your own fault!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another rose tinted glasses view of the game over the years.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really agree with the PVP. PVP has always been the same. OP classes here or there, nothing new in any game. The only change might be world PVP, which was never really a bit thing. The only real world PVP was at summoning stones (I don't count Wintersgrasp or Tol'Barad).

That's just my opinion, as others have stated, people play these games for different reasons and find joy in different things.

Absolutely. The sucks now

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    The scale of the world, the difficulty, the feeling of knowing that everyone in your Naxx raid is pulling their own weight and not afk'ing. Sure there are some issues with classes and things aren't as polished as they are in MoP, but overall the community is great and you cant roflstomp anything without 39 other people.

EDIT: Almost forgot the rewarding feeling when you defeat some of the most legendary and hardest bosses ever (Talking about Naxx here).

Vanilla is an MMO. MoP is a singleplayer game with a small multiplayer component.
    The world seemed more epic and big back then. But please, the whole "the game was harder" I really don't understand that, granted it was harder to organize the 40 man raids, because 40 people is tricky.
    But this isn't the MMO "Weddingplanner", looking at all vanilla fights (first(ish) kills) you see people being borderline afk, insanely simple mechanics (which are made harder only by the fact that you need 30-40 people that actually didn't go afk midfights) and having only 1-3 spells / abilities you need to worry about.

Makes me wonder when the last time you seriously raided was? I ask this because I never raided the hard stuff in Vanilla, I only did MC and BWL and some of AQ as they were released (Almost didn't raid in TBC) and I was quite content just jumping around and doing basically nothing. But I know, looking back, how very little I actually knew about actual mechanics.
    However in WotLK I joined a guild that during Vanilla and TBC were amongst the better guilds on our server (Unsure as to whether or not they cleared Naxx, but they had a fair few bosses downed in there) I was quite intimidated by these players who were idolized due to their gear, but quickly realised, none of them were very good players, they knew not to stand in fire, but the increasingly complex rotations that were on the rise were apparently too much for them to handle.
    I was, despite a small lack of gear being on top of dps meters almost right away as I joined. I am telling you this because a lot of these players claimed and to this day claim that the game back then was in fact harder, despite the fact that even in Wotlk (Ulduar) their skillset was already starting to show gaps.

So I would ofc appreciate an in-depth explanation as to why the game back then was indeed harder

About the only thing I agree with on that whole page is the zero "blocks" for the community now. It used to be you would have to care about your reputation on Your server or no guilds would have you, now you can behave however poorly you want and just change names/race/faction/server or lfd/lfr lol....

Deleted
    Classes were better made back then? Are you shitting me? Two words represent Vanilla's fucking unbalanced classes: Shadow Priest. And don't even get me started on the the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    it doesn't even have a scale!

for all we know those boxes equal 1000 farts each..

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    This was almost certainly made by some cockfuck on /v/. You see these kind of bait threads that just open with this image and no text, guaranteed to either hit the post limit or at least go ~500 or so as people just descend into an absolute clusterfuck of nonsensical baiting between people who actually play, bitter people who don't play any more, and people who are just trolling for the sake of trolling.

I mean, fuck, no one could genuinly believe vanilla class design was better then MoP. It's a goddamn troll image and I'm ashamed this thread is 21 pages long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Mine looks more like this: http://imgur.com/Xu56wx3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    Mine looks more like this: http://imgur.com/Xu56wx3
    Wow, this might actually be worse then the troll image in the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Spot on with the Community row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).