... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Another 8-12 months with Soo?

Wow: 26 months (Nov 04-Dec 06)
    TBC: 22 months (Jan 07-Oct 08)
    WOTLK: 25 months (Nov 08-Nov 10)
    CATA: 22 months (Dec 10-Sep 12)
    MOP: 13 months so far

No new raid, no new content... So? Probably another 8-12 months with the same content?
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

no chance they couldnt afoord it, no1 would stick with it for that long

Deleted
    Wow, I didn't see that mop is so relatively young in comparison. Another year with SoO would be terrible. But then again Wildstar comes in spring, enough time to test that I guess.

ICC was out for the better part of a year wasnt it? I wouldnt be surprised if they did it again.... All the expansions have released in November am i correct? thats almost a year of hype they can build before they release annual pass 2.0 or preorder deals.

Deleted
    Possibly but if remember correctly when they Announced MoP they said they would try to get content out faster and quicker. I imagine we'll see it within 6-8 months, or at least i hope we will.

i would hope its not more than 6 months out or alot of people are going to surrender to the boredom.

I give it 5 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they will fit a big pre WOD events for the last 1-2 months wait.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

It will likely come faster than many would think. Significantly larger WoW team with a bulk of the Titan team being moved to it for the time being and no large changes in the expansion to have to test this time around.

No new race to get right, just the remodels which will be partially done up front and partially over time.
    No new class to have to build and balance.
    No new talent system.

They primarily have to do the new zones, class balance, and the dungeon content. Expecting a beta in the neighborhood of 4 months compared to the 6 months of the past and to start first of the year when the devs are back from holidays. And honestly, the game can't really afford to go much longer than that. There's near zero to do right now aside from raiding or Timeless Isle and people are about burnt out of Timeless Isle now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    I'm wondering what happened to Blizzard. Their excuse to not release more content for MoP is that they're so busy on WoD, so they'd rather see WoD finished sooner and let us just get bored of MoP in the meantime. (which they also did in WotLK and Cata respectively)

But how did they do that to Vanilla WoW and TBC? Naxxramas was released rather late and hardly anyone got to clear it before TBC came out. Could they somehow work on both Vanilla and TBC at the same time back then? Or is it due to the community burning through content much faster nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post

No new raid, no new content... So? Probably another 8-12 months with the same content?
    well MoP has been out over 14 months now, not 13, but I expect maybe 5-7 more months of the same content.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post
    ICC was out for the better part of a year wasnt it? I wouldnt be surprised if they did it again.... All the expansions have released in November am i correct? thats almost a year of hype they can build before they release annual pass 2.0 or preorder deals.
    6 months for ICC before the filler raid of Ruby sanctum was released... another months-ish and then cata started showing up.

Im sure there shooting for spring launch but it will get delayed and be june or so. You can not base this release on past xp because they have a much bigger team now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post

No, 5-6 months at most. WoD will probably be released late spring/early summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm wondering what happened to Blizzard. Their excuse to not release more content for MoP is that they're so busy on WoD, so they'd rather see WoD finished sooner and let us just get bored of MoP in the meantime. (which they also did in WotLK and Cata respectively)

But how did they do that to Vanilla WoW and TBC? Naxxramas was released rather late and hardly anyone got to clear it before TBC came out. Could they somehow work on both Vanilla and TBC at the same time back then? Or is it due to the community burning through content much faster nowadays?
    We knew what TBC was way before they announced it (Outland featuring Illidan), so they were likely working on it for some time. Also, yes, content is consumed much faster nowadays. Naxx was barely experienced before TBC was released, and SWP was also a major roadblock before WotLK. The two major differences between then and now were that people were less familiar with the mechanics of the game, causing those raids to last much longer, along with Naxx and SWP being tuned rather brutally.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

New expansion April/May imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    New expansion April/May imo
    not gonna happen. We'll be lucky to have beta by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Another 10~ months certainly wouldn't be good for the sub numbers. I fully expect WoD to shoot subs back up to 10 million though either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    not gonna happen. We'll be lucky to have beta by then.
    Then they'll have a monumental amount of sub losses given we won't even have a 5.5 patch.

The beta needs to, and likely will, start early January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    It will likely come faster than many would think. Significantly larger WoW team with a bulk of the Titan team being moved to it for the time being and no large changes in the expansion to have to test this time around.

No new race to get right, just the remodels which will be partially done up front and partially over time.
    No new class to have to build and balance.
    No new talent system.

They primarily have to do the new zones, class balance, and the dungeon content. Expecting a beta in the neighborhood of 4 months compared to the 6 months of the past and to start first of the year when the devs are back from holidays. And honestly, the game can't really afford to go much longer than that. There's near zero to do right now aside from raiding or Timeless Isle and people are about burnt out of Timeless Isle now.
    I'm going to have to agree with this. Also while adding the fact that they think they can afford to skip 5.5, that's a pretty big deal. 7-8 months with no content patch in between is far, far from their goal they had, so I think we could expect early 2013, not late spring/early summer as people suggest, because if that would've been the case, I highly doubt they'd bring part of their team from 5.5 to work on 6.0 instead.

But I mean, they have been known to deviate from plans before, so they might mess it up and we won't see 6.0 until summer. I mean, all things considered, we still have no idea of their progress. *shrugs*