Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    But how did they do that to Vanilla WoW and TBC? Naxxramas was released rather late and hardly anyone got to clear it before TBC came out. Could they somehow work on both Vanilla and TBC at the same time back then? Or is it due to the community burning through content much faster nowadays?
    They even released TBC with 5 raids (t4 and t5) and 2 more raids (t6) 3-4 months later. Wonder how big was the TBC team.

The original posters release dates cannot be right. I raided BC while in college and I graduated in 2006... am I just delusional or are his dates wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    They even released TBC with 5 raids (t4 and t5) and 2 more raids (t6) 3-4 months later. Wonder how big was the TBC team.
    Many of the original TBC raids didn't use much original artwork, and/or were untuned and untested at launch because they assumed attunements would slow players down more.

To the larger point, though... Many MMOs have a large surge of content in their first year or two because a great deal of it was in progress before the game even launched. Content developers can find themselves ahead of the systems / programming teams who are scrambling to get the game launched.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    Who do you think you are? The next expansion known as WoD will come out at most 5 months later from today and that will be April 2014. I am now betting on this prediction that if WoD will be released any date later than 1st April 2014 I shall hereby resign from this forum forever, if not, you may leave with dignity. Would you participate?
    Lol i could see the trolling of blizzard.

They would be stating that Warlords of Draenor will be out for april the first. And everyone would go ah bullshit its a aprils fool and no one is even ready for it when on april the first it actually launches XD

Even though I would love it sooner I doubt we will get it there.
    My prediction is may the 20th
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BigpapaBeef View Post
    ICC was out for the better part of a year wasnt it? I wouldnt be surprised if they did it again.... All the expansions have released in November am i correct? thats almost a year of hype they can build before they release annual pass 2.0 or preorder deals.

No.

I've not been checking up the dates, but TBC was around february, wotlk was sometime late autumn/winter, cataclysm was december and pandaria september.

Will check up dates now and correct me:

TBC: 15/1-2007 (January)
    WOTLK: 14/11-2008 (November)
    CATA: 9/12-2010 (December)
    PANDARIA: 25/9-2012 (September).

Blizzard launches when its most likely to kill off possible competition, they always do. So look to wildstar and elder scrolls onlines release dates, thats when either the beta or the expansion proper will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    The original posters release dates cannot be right. I raided BC while in college and I graduated in 2006... am I just delusional or are his dates wrong?
    Very delusional. TBC came out on Jan. 6th 2007. I have the receipt from gamestop. If you can't remember something so easy then you make college look very badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Blizzard launches when its most likely to kill off possible competition, they always do. So look to wildstar and elder scrolls onlines release dates, thats when either the beta or the expansion proper will occur.
    Both have open betas right now. SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? no news or anything from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derajal View Post
    Very delusional. TBC came out on Jan. 6th 2007. I have the receipt from gamestop. If you can't remember something so easy then you make college look very badly.
    I dunno man, did you go to college/university? Some of the drinking games do lasting damage.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

That's why you go there to work and get indoctrinated by crazy weirdos not intoxicated.

But I guess end product comes out the same, most people don't know what plant we are even on or what year it is.

BTW for the record it was January 15, 2007, the 6th was my pre-order, sorry.
    Last edited by Derajal; 2013-12-09 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    It is definitely the players burning through content. But it is also Blizzard bringing the carrot on the stick much closer. Sure very few have downed even normal Garrosh, heck downing flex Garrosh is a minority, but downing Garrosh period? Much easier than it was for players to finish Naxxramas or Sunwell.
    And yet, only 11% of players have killed Garrosh on any character, at any difficulty level including LFR.

This tier has a problem worse than bad tuning: it has a lack of engagement. Eight out of nine players don't care enough about the raid to even have finished it.

The worst thing an author can hear a reader say about a story? "I don't care what happens to these people." That's the reaction of most players to MoP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derajal View Post
    That's why you go there to work and get indoctrinated by crazy weirdos not intoxicated.

But I guess end product comes out the same, most people don't know what plant we are even on or what year it is.

BTW for the record it was January 15, 2007, the 6th was my pre-order, sorry.
    Sure we go there to work but outside of lectures, when you release a bunch of 18-21 year olds and tell them to live with each other far from home and then give them money and only 8 hours of lectures a week (I'm not joking, arts subject students have nothing at all) then of course mad things are going to happen. I myself have 24 hours a week but some of the arts students... I'd turn to drinking and smoking everything I can get my hands on as well, just to cure boredom.

I too would like to know what plant we are on. I like daisys myself but I'm partial to a dandelion.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Are they seriously expecting the game to not lose more subs by leaving it without any updates for the next 5+ months? Blizzard have dug themselves a hole by encouraging people to clear content as fast as possible, and now they're clearing struggling to keep up with demand,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Are they seriously expecting the game to not lose more subs by leaving it without any updates for the next 5+ months? Blizzard have dug themselves a hole by encouraging people to clear content as fast as possible, and now they're clearing struggling to keep up with demand,
    No, they're expecting to lose subs due to a product life cycle. Even if they lost 4 million subs, they'd be at WAYYY more than 2 million. That is still an absolutely PHENOMENAL number, especially for an mmo after all these years, that has a subscription fee when all the others are f2p. It's absolutely staggering that they've kept it this high rather than the fact it's going down.

Pretty useless thread, that information isn't available to public.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Spring of 2014? Why would they launch an expansion when many, MANY are head deep in exams. My guess is late summer / early fall.

Purely speculative though. Having written that, I'm pretty confident that it wont be released in the Spring.

Z.

Deleted
    before and soon after Blizzcon I was very positive they will announce beta this year and we will get WoD around April.
    Right now it seem quite impossible with christmass and stuff.
    I love MoP, and SoO is verygood, dont get me wrong, but farming same raid for a year (or close to it) it's not my idea of fun, and I'm going to take a break in january/february if we won't get any info soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    No, they're expecting to lose subs due to a product life cycle. Even if they lost 4 million subs, they'd be at WAYYY more than 2 million. That is still an absolutely PHENOMENAL number, especially for an mmo after all these years, that has a subscription fee when all the others are f2p. It's absolutely staggering that they've kept it this high rather than the fact it's going down.
    I'm not sure Blizzard would share your optimism all things considered.

Every time the same..

A.) It will totally release in spring! No way they are later than x!
    B.) But they did it before.
    A.) They said they will do it faster this time!
    B.) But they said that before.
    A.) They said the progress is good looking!
    B.) But they said that before

and when this expansion won't be out in march/april, we will have the same discussion and the same delusional arguments for the next expansion and the one after that.

Didn't they say they wanted to bring xpacs out faster? Or were they talking about patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    Didn't they say they wanted to bring xpacs out faster? Or were they talking about patches?
    Bringing out patches faster would also mean bringing out the next expansion faster